Campus is pretty dead

You take that after your mom. Paid for getting nailed.

camels-camel.jpg

Its cool. Cyp is feeling his oats. His mother on the other hand is eating them.

Hey, that's what happens when you bring a red truck to a Tech tailgate.

Well we tailgate in the student center lot. What happened was the island space between parking rows were filled in with HUGE ROCKS as part of some dumbass landscaping project. As a result, there is nowhere but the parking lot to put grills, chairs,etc.. The group whose truck caught on fire were directly across from us. I think they left their grill too close to the car and it obviously caught fire. It's a miracle no other cars or property were damaged. All of this caused by the Hill once again sticking in to GT football fans. Normally our group takes up 3 parking spaces and now because of the rocks we will take up 6-8. Makes no öööö sense.

Now, the Hill is burning cars.

Football is one thing, but now their ööööing with our rides.

Xihix, some advice for you.. Even though you chose a tough school, doesn't mean that this advice doesn't apply. College is the last big vacation before life.... Spend your time wisely.

where's the suicide option

what's your major?

IE.

I mean, it's not the hardest stuff in the world. But I work too so I just get down on having nearly no time to do anything for myself. It gets worse too apparently so I'm not looking forward to anything. Oh well.

sorry, but foreigners are half the problem. the other half is that tech is attracting so many weird, goofy kids nowadays who would rather attend an anime conference than a football game. now knowing that, add in some ööööty weather and youve got poor student attendance.

sorry, but foreigners are half the problem. the other half is that tech is attracting so many weird, goofy kids nowadays who would rather attend an anime conference than a football game. now knowing that, add in some ööööty weather and you've got poor student attendance.

Based on my time at Tech it's also that a lot of the students that ARE football fans didn't grow up as Tech fans and have a hard time convincing themselves to care about our team. I know a lot of people who came to Tech as fans of random Big 10 and SEC schools and would prefer to stay on the couch and watch those games instead of come watch us beat Syracuse or UNC at noon. Lets face it, if your parents didn't go to Tech or you don't have some other meaningful connection to the school, it's not very likely you are going to be a Tech fan in middle school and high school. And then not everyone is willing to drop their fandom when they start school.

When we were winning in 08 and 09, it wasn't as much of a hard sell to convince them to care. But the past few years has made it a little more challenging.

sorry, but foreigners are half the problem. the other half is that tech is attracting so many weird, goofy kids nowadays who would rather attend an anime conference than a football game. now knowing that, add in some ööööty weather and youve got poor student attendance.

Actually, they're less that 10% of the problem:

http://factbook.gatech.edu/admissio...ss-enrollment-by-gender-ethnicity-table-4-18/

I'm tired of this excuse being tossed around, because it's simply not true. If you're looking for reasons why students don't attend games:

1) Higher population of uninterested nerd types.

2) Poor marketing by the AA outside of the Greek system.

3) A pain in the ass ticketing and entry system.

4) Mediocre performance on the field. Give students a reason to be excited, and they'll show up. Continuously punch them in the gut, and apathy sets in.

Based on my time at Tech it's also that a lot of the students that ARE football fans didn't grow up as Tech fans and have a hard time convincing themselves to care about our team. I know a lot of people who came to Tech as fans of random Big 10 and SEC schools and would prefer to stay on the couch and watch those games instead of come watch us beat Syracuse or UNC at noon. Lets face it, if your parents didn't go to Tech or you don't have some other meaningful connection to the school, it's not very likely you are going to be a Tech fan in middle school and high school. And then not everyone is willing to drop their fandom when they start school.

I blame you for not educating your peers on the importance of supporting your own alma mater. Front runners need to be shamed into understanding.

4) Mediocre performance on the field. Give students a reason to be excited, and they'll show up. Continuously punch them in the gut, and apathy sets in.

I think this is the biggest part of it. I didn't see any issues with student attendance and campus excitement in the back half of 2008 and all of 2009.

I blame you for not educating your peers on the importance of supporting your own alma mater. Front runners need to be shamed into understanding.

I've tried. But it's tough to convince a lifelong Ohio State fan with family ties to that school to come watch Tech play a mediocre opponent at noon (while hung over) than watch OSU play on the couch.

Hell, I know a good number of Tech students who grew up UGA fans. Most convert to Tech fans, but there are a few that don't give up Mutt fandom. I grew up a Tech fan, and I know that if I went to school at, say, Florida, I'd have a tough time caring more about UF football than GT.

Back