CATCHALL GTFLETCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS THREAD

With Big 12 and Pac-12 hopes dashed, there was only one option left. SMU hadn’t stopped talking with the ACC, and school officials say they always felt the ACC was the best fit, as a league with plenty of private schools. The talks ramped up, especially when Cal and Stanford realized they needed a new home.

Quite a funny article/comments by the ACC being “disappointed” towards Clemson, as if they care at this point?

“ACC senior associate commissioner Michael Strickland expressed his disappointment with the school refusing to move the game.”

Despite having secured these concessions, and despite other ACC teams having agreed to play on “Black Friday” in previous instances (e.g., Georgia Tech vs. Georgia, Florida State vs. Florida, North Carolina vs. Notre Dame, Virginia vs. Virginia Tech, North Carolina vs. NC State, etc.), Clemson University remains unwilling to do so.

As has been indicated to you during this process, the Conference Office is disappointed in Clemson University’s lack of cooperation on this matter. As all ACC members know, it is incumbent upon the ACC and its institutions to work in good faith with ESPN on football scheduling issues. This cooperation maximizes the value of our relationship with our media partner and strengthens our collective future. Clemson’s decision not to do so in this instance is harmful toward that goal.”

Quite a funny article/comments by the ACC being “disappointed” towards Clemson, as if they care at this point?

“ACC senior associate commissioner Michael Strickland expressed his disappointment with the school refusing to move the game.”

Despite having secured these concessions, and despite other ACC teams having agreed to play on “Black Friday” in previous instances (e.g., Georgia Tech vs. Georgia, Florida State vs. Florida, North Carolina vs. Notre Dame, Virginia vs. Virginia Tech, North Carolina vs. NC State, etc.), Clemson University remains unwilling to do so.

As has been indicated to you during this process, the Conference Office is disappointed in Clemson University’s lack of cooperation on this matter. As all ACC members know, it is incumbent upon the ACC and its institutions to work in good faith with ESPN on football scheduling issues. This cooperation maximizes the value of our relationship with our media partner and strengthens our collective future. Clemson’s decision not to do so in this instance is harmful toward that goal.”
sternly worded letters are all the rage these days

New version of P12 “after dark” outside of some of the really late west coast B1G games like:

9/7: Boise State @ Oregon - 10 pm est - Peacock
9/7: Utah State @ USC - 11 pm est - B1G
10/4: (Friday) MSU @ Oregon - 9 pm est - Fox
10/25 (Friday) Rutgers @ USC - 11 pm est - Fox
11/8 (Friday) Iowa @ UCLA - 9 pm est - Fox

Other games TBD.

Now the MW has joined the late night TV game partnering with TNT Sports.

I think Clemson is being really crappy on this. They still make a lot of money on ESPN contract and the request was not ridiculous, Sc@@@ the people that hesitate on their sung because they can't spell.

BTW - I think SMU will be a great addition - have money, classy and a very good school.

1720099411408.png

New version of P12 “after dark” outside of some of the really late west coast B1G games like:

9/7: Boise State @ Oregon - 10 pm est - Peacock
9/7: Utah State @ USC - 11 pm est - B1G
10/4: (Friday) MSU @ Oregon - 9 pm est - Fox
10/25 (Friday) Rutgers @ USC - 11 pm est - Fox
11/8 (Friday) Iowa @ UCLA - 9 pm est - Fox

Other games TBD.

Now the MW has joined the late night TV game partnering with TNT Sports.

ACC "After dark" is coming:

8/30: TCU @ Stanford - ESPN
9/14: SDSU @ Cal - ESPN

For those wondering ESPN is using New Mexico @ Arizona for the 8/31 timeslots

So with Stanford & Cal along with the 4C in the XII ESPN has their 10:30 time slot covered

BTW - I think SMU will be a great addition - have money, classy and a very good school.

Very good school? Did you see this:

Not Just an Athletic Conference! USNWR rankings for The ACC schools:

#3: Stanford
#7: Duke
#15: Cal
#20: ND
#22: UNC
#24: UVA
#33: GT
#39: BC
#47: VT
#47: WF
#53: FSU
#60: NCSU
#67: Syracuse
#67: Miami
#67: Pitt
#86: Clemson
#89: SMU
#195: Louisville

The future starts now! #AccomplishGreatness

Very good school? Did you see this:
no - And I'm surprised by that. Average SAT score Clemson 1310 SMU 1436 GT 1435 all from prep scholar. I've known several people who went to SMU and they were well above the Clemson/DWAG intelligence line. I like Clemson but ..... If had a problem with the SMU people I've known, it would be they tended to be too preppy for me but smart people nevertheless.

Back