CATCHALL GTFLETCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS THREAD

I’m sure the reaction to this will go well from the group who somehow believe and or still believe CFB, CBB SA’s are “amateur” athletes.

I’m sure the reaction to this will go well from the group who somehow believe and or still believe CFB, CBB SA’s are “amateur” athletes.

It's not gonna sound so good to those "employees" when they have to start paying taxes on all the money they are getting.

It's not gonna sound so good to those "employees" when they have to start paying taxes on all the money they are getting.
I mean, the SA’s with NIL deals already are paying taxes. The 6-7 figure deals out for public knowledge can’t be ignored or hidden.

The “employees” route is the only way to get CFB, CBB back under control. Have performance based 1,2,3,4 year contracts where both parties have to sign and uphold the agreement. If the contracts is broken, the party who breaks the contract has to pay the difference.

I mean, the SA’s with NIL deals already are paying taxes. The 6-7 figure deals out for public knowledge can’t be ignored or hidden.

The “employees” route is the only way to get CFB, CBB back under control. Have performance based 1,2,3,4 year contracts where both parties have to sign and uphold the agreement. If the contracts is broken, the party who breaks the contract has to pay the difference.
Are those with NIL deals already paying taxes? I would hope they are, but I didn't know if they were are not

The next level of booster involvement will be boosters paying the tax debt, which will be - I assume - legal.

The next level of booster involvement will be boosters paying the tax debt, which will be - I assume - legal.
Its legal but it creates more taxable income in an infinitely recursive loop.

If I understand the law, a single person can give up to $18,000 to another person with no tax implications to either party. A married couple can give up to $36,000. So if 10 married couples get together they can give a total of $360,000 to an athlete with no income tax owed by the athlete. Any tax lawyers out there know if that is the case?

If I understand the law, a single person can give up to $18,000 to another person with no tax implications to either party. A married couple can give up to $36,000. So if 10 married couples get together they can give a total of $360,000 to an athlete with no income tax owed by the athlete. Any tax lawyers out there know if that is the case?

Don't see a need to help athletes with their taxes. If they don't pay they can suffer the same consequences any other adult would.

my understanding is the $18k threshold per year just means you don't have to file a gift tax return for that year if you are the one giving .. you can in theory give more than that per year (which would count against your lifetime exemption) but you would have to file a return.

Don't see a need to help athletes with their taxes. If they don't pay they can suffer the same consequences any other adult would.
Well if they flunk out they pay the same consequences anyone else would and they are helped with that, so...

All you have to do is pay them the gross to net out to what they are expecting, not difficult. Then publicize the gross. It will be like lottery winners who don't actually win what is publicized. Both lottery winners and 5 stars are frequently too ignorant to grasp the time value of money.

I have no idea what the source is, but a friend just sent this to me
1720917113961.png

1720917113961.png
Well, even though we had a 9th ranked good off-season, whatever that means, we still play 3 teams that had even better "off-seasons" than we did. Just can't catch a break.

Let's see how in game commentators work this into their talking points.

Well, even though we had a 9th ranked good off-season, whatever that means, we still play 3 teams that had even better "off-seasons" than we did. Just can't catch a break.

Let's see how in game commentators work this into their talking points.
No let's all agree to mute them and listen to the radio broadcast and never talk about the noises the television makes during games.

1720917113961.png
Not to try and discard these rankings (no idea who this is from) but taking a look there are some obvious flaws. Oregon is missing from the Top 10, and loaded up very nicely in the Portal. They are the consensus #1 Portal class with a Top 5 recruiting class by the so called recruiting sites.

tOSU being behind UCF, UofL after bringing in former KSU QB Will Howard, Ole Miss star RB Jenkins, possibly the best player in CFB Caleb Downs, along with the #1 QB in the 2024 class leaving Bama after 1 week in Julian Sayin. That to go along with arguably the #1 recruiting class. Bama loaded up into a Top 10 Portal class. Going down the list….Tulane? Syracuse? Texas State? Would have been nice to see the criteria for these rankings.

Back