Chan rumor

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by bellyseries:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Patriot:
MsTechAnalysis,
I feel ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hey! This is a family board!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yeah.. the Adams family...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">wrong again. the adams family is ruling georgia and its boards

O'Leary's way of accepting blame:

O'Leary: I tell you I'm the head coach and I'm not going to make excuses. The buck stops with me. But we've got to figure out a way to get our kids to make plays. We had them in the right position, the game plan was right on. They just didn't get it done, but I'll take full responsibility.

The time he called Joe Burns' running out of bounds "stupidity" was way over the line for me. Burns mistake was like a baseball player that stopped running because he thought there were 3 outs instead of 2. It was a bonehead mistake in the heat of battle, you don't call the kid out in the media. There was plenty of blame to place on O'Leary and his staff that night, like one of the worst first half game plans in GT history. We spent the whole first half slamming our heads into a tough front 7 led by EJ Henderson. We then spent the second half shreeding a suspect Terp Secondary.

Axe: I agree - O'Leary did make a mistake in mentioning Joe - but in all his years here I never heard anything from him before that. That being said, on the way home that night on our flagship station I heard many fans saying the same thing about Joe.

The heat of the battle makes lots of people say things they shouldn't have. I even called on the way home and said that was not fair and that Joe had done too much for this program to be on his case like that, I even said O'Leary was wrong.

I just tried to search Stingtalk to pull up the posts verifying the many different times O'Leary blamed others. All of the posts prior to the end of his last year have been erased.

Suffice it to say, his remarks blaming others were many. Many were picked up by the AJC and it was the talk of both boards on many occasions. That was one of the main points that kept coming out all year long, while the wheels were falling off, about his blaming others for his mistakes and ineptness.

I am sure there are many other posters that remember this.

drinking.gif

I agree MsTech that O'Leary lost his cool that night. It was a crushing blow. I'm an O'Leary fan and grateful for what he did for GT. However, I believe Chan Gailey would not make that same kind of mistake. Chan might not be as good a football coach as O'Leary, but he is one heck of a high quality individual. Hopefully, he will prove to be a high quality coach as well.

Chan could have thrown a number of folks under the bus after the academic problems. He always seems to tak the high road, you have to respect that.

He took responsibility for his program - that's what a HC is suppose to do - good, bad or indifferent. The buck did stop with him and he took it like a man! Can't say that about Chan - at least not yet!

Originally posted by bellyseries:
MsTech, the other guy is gone, and Chan Gailey is OUR head coach. OK?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Belly: This is one time I never brought up George - someone else on this thread did - speak to him.

And, when comparisons are being made - I will revert to what I know in the most recent past that was good! It's called positive thinking and making me smile - I don't smile under the current regime and this is all about opinion.

I will support Chan when he does something good for this program and wins on a consistent basis. I supported GT in the past and didn't like certain coaches - but was always there, that will continue - coaching is a job, you get my support when you earn it!

Belly, I will say this about that: There have been comparisons in all the history of sport and will be that way when ever someone suits up against another when a score is kept on a scoreboard! That's so even when there is a past coach compared to a present one.

That is true, you did not bring up O'Leary first. You did fail however to bring up his past of blaming others, while you jumped on Gailey for something he may not be responsible for.

Gailey has taken the responsibility of the program, and without commenting on them, has made changes without blaming anyone. He has made it plain he will become involved in the monitoring process of the athletes and their tutorship. Braine admitted to dropping the ball, but Gailey has not laid blame on him.

Gailey replaced the OC which is taking the responsibility of correcting problems, but he never blamed BOB. He moved the defensive backfield coach and granted Tenuta the right to handle that area, but he never blamed the backfield coach.

He has removed the old special teams coach and taken over the responsibility himself, but he never blamed the old coach.

It appears Gailey has taken quite a bit of responsibility by actions instead of words.

O'Leary took action by blaming others and then quit Tech because the wheels came off.

Yes, there will always be comparisons, but they must be balanced. You cannot have a one-sided debate.

I just got through reading some post that seem very funny in regards to the present statement that MsTA made about O'Leary making her smile. I have just finished researching old files back when the rumor was strong that O'Leary would go to Notre Dame and the wheels had just come off the season.

I don't think that I read one post during my research that indicated O'Leary was bringing smiles to anyone's face. Oh, what a difference, a year will make.

MsTA, you said you will support Gailey when he wins on a consistent basis. Hmmmm! It appears to me he has just coached one year and has a 7-6 record. That is considered consistent in your first year. Now, how can he be consistent in his second year if you don't want him to coach it.

Did you support George in his first 2 1/3 years when he was inconsistent with a 11-14 record, 0-3 against UGA, and no bowl games? Where is your consistency?

And, by the way, O'Leary did not take his mistakes like a man, he blamed them on others.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Question:
What was the coach's response to the question asked by deep pockets at the dinner you spoke of?

Chan is our coach guys/gals like it or not and if you support GT than you must support the coach!!! Last time i checked the coach was and is part of the team.
pat.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
That is true, you did not bring up O'Leary first. You did fail however to bring up his past of blaming others, while you jumped on Gailey for something he may not be responsible for.

Gailey has taken the responsibility of the program, and without commenting on them, has made changes without blaming anyone. He has made it plain he will become involved in the monitoring process of the athletes and their tutorship. Braine admitted to dropping the ball, but Gailey has not laid blame on him.

Gailey replaced the OC which is taking the responsibility of correcting problems, but he never blamed BOB. He moved the defensive backfield coach and granted Tenuta the right to handle that area, but he never blamed the backfield coach.

He has removed the old special teams coach and taken over the responsibility himself, but he never blamed the old coach.

It appears Gailey has taken quite a bit of responsibility by actions instead of words.

O'Leary took action by blaming others and then quit Tech because the wheels came off.

Yes, there will always be comparisons, but they must be balanced. You cannot have a one-sided debate.

I just got through reading some post that seem very funny in regards to the present statement that MsTA made about O'Leary making her smile. I have just finished researching old files back when the rumor was strong that O'Leary would go to Notre Dame and the wheels had just come off the season.

I don't think that I read one post during my research that indicated O'Leary was bringing smiles to anyone's face. Oh, what a difference, a year will make.

MsTA, you said you will support Gailey when he wins on a consistent basis. Hmmmm! It appears to me he has just coached one year and has a 7-6 record. That is considered consistent in your first year. Now, how can he be consistent in his second year if you don't want him to coach it.

Did you support George in his first 2 1/3 years when he was inconsistent with a 11-14 record, 0-3 against UGA, and no bowl games? Where is your consistency?

And, by the way, O'Leary did not take his mistakes like a man, he blamed them on others.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">He lost 4 games because he was outcoached by the competition - I never saw that happen to O'Leary when the talent was equal! There's no convincing here on O'Leary's worth but YOU HAVE ONE HECK OF A JOB IN CONVINCING ME OF CHAN'S!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That is correct ahso. I guess some do not remember GOL's circle and saying the hell with the fans and the media and the alumni.

I sure have as heck remember that! I support our coach and that is that...period!

MTA:

You must have had your eyes closed if you NEVER saw O'Leary get outcoached by the competition. That, or you conveniently forgot about these gems from the O'Leary era...

1.UGA 1995. (17-18) The first instance of O'Leary showing he had no clock management skills.

2. Clemson 1996. (25-28) Nealon Greene, a DB, was the CU QB that day.

3. Maryland 1996. (10-13) That pitiful performance on a Thursday night ESPN game cost us a bowl bid.

4. Navy 1996. (26-36) Yeah, that's right Navy. At home.

5. UGA 1997. (24-27) Traveres Tillman's interception notwithstanding, O'Leary's questionable clock management, and the call for the squib kick still haunt me.

6. BC 1998 (31-41). BC wasn't that good.

7. UVA 1999. (38-45). UVA beat us with a walk-on QB named Rivers.

8. Wake 1999. (23-26). This with Joe Hamilton at QB.

9. NCSU 2000. (23-30). Even Chan and AJ Suggs beat Chuck Amato and Phillip Rivers in Raleigh.

10. LSU 2000. (14-28). No way we should have lost that game. It was the "lock" of the bowl season. Whoops.

11. Clemson 2001 (44-47). Stop Woody Dantzler, win the game. Whoops.

12. Maryland 2001 (17-20). Oh I forgot, O'Leary blamed that one on Joe Burns.

13. UVA 2001. (38-39). The "Hook and Ladder"? You've got to be kidding me!

14. UGA 2001 (17-31). We were the favorite going in.

O'Leary did a lot of good for our program, but to say he never "got outcoached" is a bald faced lie.

BTW, I would suggest you take a break from the internet, and go to one of these Tech club meetings where Chan is speaking. I have, and I have heard him take his share of the blame for what happened on AND off the field.

Then again, who am I trying to kid? His fate has already been decided.

MsTA, O'Leary was out coached a lot when he did not have the Fridge around to bail him out. I believe his record was 18-20 without the Fridge, 0-4 against UGA, and 0-1 in bowls without the Fridge.

He may not have been outcoached, but he sure was inept without the Fridge.

rolleyes.gif

Back