Chip Long Interview

For posterity’s sake, can you clarify what your actual take is here? To me it sounds like your argument is “Nothing will be different after numerous roster and assistant coaching changes because muh Geoff Collins.” I just wanted to make sure it’s as retarded as it sounds.
Your comprehensive skills aren’t that good are they? All I said was I’m not listening to any more words from anyone on this staff. I don’t care if they are new staff or old staff. We’ve spent 3 years listening to words with ZERO results. I’m done with all of it except the final score. That’s the only measuring stick. We are in year 4 and yet you guys are still act like naive teenagers. And for posterity’s sake you can put me in any category you want because it doesn’t matter. This is a freaking message board but if you want to keep a checklist then so be it. Maybe tomorrow I’ll break down how we’ll be undefeated next season.

You just don't get it, do you moron?

My comment has nothing to do with Collins, either supporting him or not supporting him. It has to do with you being a first class douchebag all the time. You think you're being edgy with your comments but in reality you're acting like a damn mutt fan.

You don't like being a Tech fan? Then f'ing leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the wait out, numbnuts. Nothing will have been lost.
This is awesome. Thanks for telling me what kind of fan I should be. I’ll be sure to take it to heart. You’re the type of guy who throws up over 30,000 times on a message board and thinks you are important. Listen, calm down and go back and watch the Long presser a few more times while staring at your Collins poster. I look forward to reading your next 30 posts you’ll make today because I love this stuff.

This is awesome. Thanks for telling me what kind of fan I should be. I’ll be sure to take it to heart. You’re the type of guy who throws up over 30,000 times on a message board and thinks you are important. Listen, calm down and go back and watch the Long presser a few more times while staring at your Collins poster. I look forward to reading your next 30 posts you’ll make today because I love this stuff.
I don’t care what kind of a fan you think I am. But you’re a douche bag.

Your comprehensive skills aren’t that good are they? All I said was I’m not listening to any more words from anyone on this staff. I don’t care if they are new staff or old staff. We’ve spent 3 years listening to words with ZERO results. I’m done with all of it except the final score. That’s the only measuring stick. We are in year 4 and yet you guys are still act like naive teenagers. And for posterity’s sake you can put me in any category you want because it doesn’t matter. This is a freaking message board but if you want to keep a checklist then so be it. Maybe tomorrow I’ll break down how we’ll be undefeated next season.
Comprehension skills, and that's why I asked for clarification. So, you claim to be a wait and see guy, but after actual variables have been changed in coaching, which is different than the simple talk in the past, you are pre-emptively complaining before waiting and seeing. Is that accurate?

Nothing wrong with the wait and see approach. I think people are annoyed you posted in a thread about an interview just to tell us you don't care about interviews. Kind of a look at me type of move.
I mean, of course winning games is what matters, but should we shut down the board until the end of the Clemson game because nothing matters until then?

Whiniest ööööing bunch of losers on this website. If the guy didn’t give an interview then they’d be bitching about how he didn’t give an interview. But now it’s oh I don’t care about your words, let’s see the product on the field. It’s ööööing January. Shut the öööö up and go ööööing die in a hole.

I have this theory that Tech does better with coaches who are pricks if not full assholes. O’Leary and Johnson fit this mold. Both were pricks on a regular day and an asshole if cornered. Tenuta was an asshole and did well here too. For some reason the football players we have tend to respond to this over rainbows and sunshine type coaching. So I’m good with this coordinator change at least based on this.

Also - Key’s natural disposition seems to fall on the prick/asshole spectrum so maybe this will be a positive change for him which allows him to be himself and reach his full coaching potential.

I am excite.

Pretty much just needed that glimmer of hope that this guy can turn his side of the ball around. Whereas Collins should be more hands on with these defense, helping those guys figure things out. Only one way the defense can go honestly. They were total öööö, especially on the back end.
I was trying to write a post comparing the situation to John Bond back in 2007, but it got too messy. I do not think Chip is going to take us from 3 wins to 10 in 2022, but if he is better at handling offensive opportunities than Patenaude and less prone to shooting himself in the balls while aiming for his own foot, then it could be good enough to get us to 6 wins.

The depressing part is that if we do sit here in one year's time with 6 wins under our belt, I do not think I will feel any more optimistic or hopeful about our future under Collins, nor do I expect that a .500 2022 season will be anything close to fun.

I have this theory that Tech does better with coaches who are pricks if not full assholes. O’Leary and Johnson fit this mold. Both were pricks on a regular day and an asshole if cornered. Tenuta was an asshole and did well here too. For some reason the football players we have tend to respond to this over rainbows and sunshine type coaching. So I’m good with this coordinator change at least based on this.

Also - Key’s natural disposition seems to fall on the prick/asshole spectrum so maybe this will be a positive change for him which allows him to be himself and reach his full coaching potential.
Don't forget former co-head coach John "Statistically Favors Rock" Tenuta. Dude had some fire, and as I recall there was a Thursday night game sometime in his last two seasons where he could be heard losing his ööööing mind from over in the broadcast booth.

Don't forget former co-head coach John "Statistically Favors Rock" Tenuta. Dude had some fire, and as I recall there was a Thursday night game sometime in his last two seasons where he could be heard losing his ööööing mind from over in the broadcast booth.
He’s in there. I gave him full asshole status.

Listened to the interview. CCL said all the right things. He’s in alignment with CBK, which is good. Will be paying close attention to QB development, OL play and 2nd half adjustments….indicators if we’re on solid ground. I am choosing to be cautiously optimistic.

OTOH….why should we expect improvement from the defense?

Listened to the interview. CCL said all the right things. He’s in alignment with CBK, which is good. Will be paying close attention to QB development, OL play and 2nd half adjustments….indicators if we’re on solid ground. I am choosing to be cautiously optimistic.

OTOH….why should we expect improvement from the defense?

Popovich gone. Burton gone along with the guys who regressed on his watch, Thacker not coaching Linebackers, Collins now has a group he can totally trust to run the offense, so he can focus on the defense and be defacto DC with Thacker assisting him.

To be honest, I am most worried about special teams. We weren't great to start with, Weisehan is gone, no proven kickers.

Popovich gone. Burton gone along with the guys who regressed on his watch, Thacker not coaching Linebackers, Collins now has a group he can totally trust to run the offense, so he can focus on the defense and be defacto DC with Thacker assisting him.

To be honest, I am most worried about special teams. We weren't great to start with, Weisehan is gone, no proven kickers.
I continue to be amazed that we have struggled with kickers since Butker left. It seems this would be the easiest position to recruit with our academic strengths.

I’ll buy that. What indicators of improvement are you looking for? I think consistent pass rush, turnovers and third down efficiency are important metrics for starters.

Back