Coach O'Leary sighting

Re: Coach O\'Leary sighting

SpellingBee, good post. I have repeatedly stated to some of those who never seem to learn, if they quit trying to bring up O'Leary to compare to Gailey, I would not bring up the O'Leary records as a rebuttal.

However, some seem never able to learn.

Father Time

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Ms. T. Yes, George was damn good for Tech................................................................................................................................................................................ ....................................................................................... when he was here. He is gone now. I have facts to prove it if you do not believe it.

You may want to change your sig line to "A Yellow Jacket Yesterday".

Can't you please discuss the today and always about Georgia Tech football for the sake of the current minded people. We have a game in less than 4 weeks, and our home opener a week later.

Everyone knows your position. Get behind this TEAM, please. You'll feel better.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LL: What did you miss, I'm behind the team - it's Chan I'm not! If the team does well - I guess that means Chan did his job and the team succeeds. I buy tix to see and root for the team and the guys on the sidelines better have their act together 'FOR THE TEAM!"

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I did not gravitate to supporting GT football because of the coach who walked the sidelines. I starting supporting this school's football and sports programs because I connected to it's academic prowess. Who the coaches were made no difference it was the school first.

Now, if those coaches are not getting the job done I don't care who they are - I'll say it. My answer to this thread was how sad it was that our previous coaches who left great legacies and uplifting programs are being pulled apart because some folks have this gut wrench feeling they need to defend this coach by attacking those coaches that did something good here - that's sad and if stinks - I don't care what anyone says!

A coach is an employee - and no, just because he happens to be GT's I don't hold him in any type of REVERANCE! He's a coach getting paid to do good things - he's an employee of this school. That's all. Some folks here have gotten to the point that he's beyond being a plain old coach - sorry, that's what he is!

I would have never gone to these games for 29 years if I was there for the coaches! Let's see let me buy season tix because I love this coach, what the heck is that? Heck, we didn't have any good ones until Ross and O'Leary! So, I guess I've been going this long for the team(s). So this stuff about, me being Yellow Jacket yesterday because Chan is not my cup of team is crap!

What is really getting sadder and sadder each day is that folks like you call out folks like me, when I have never said you shouldn't be a fan of the coach, when I never said he shouldn't be in his corner, when I never said 'YOU WEREN'T A FAN!
That's what is coach has done to fans like you!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
[qb]Ms. T. Yes, George was damn good for Tech................................................................................................................................................................................ ....................................................................................... when he was here. He is gone now. I have facts to prove it if you do not believe it.

You may want to change your sig line to "A Yellow Jacket Yesterday".

Can't you please discuss the today and always about Georgia Tech football for the sake of the current minded people. We have a game in less than 4 weeks, and our home opener a week later.

Everyone knows your position. Get behind this TEAM, please. You'll feel better.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LL: What did you miss, I'm behind the team - it's Chan I'm not! If the team does well - I guess that means Chan did his job and the team succeeds. I buy tix to see and root for the team and the guys on the sidelines better have their act together 'FOR THE TEAM!"

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I did not gravitate to supporting GT football because of the coach who walked the sidelines. I starting supporting this school's football and sports programs because I connected to it's academic prowess. Who the coaches were made no difference it was the school first.

Now, if those coaches are not getting the job done I don't care who they are - I'll say it. My answer to this thread was how sad it was that our previous coaches who left great legacies and uplifting programs are being pulled apart because some folks have this gut wrench feeling they need to defend this coach by attacking those coaches that did something good here - that's sad and if stinks - I don't care what anyone says!

A coach is an employee - and no, just because he happens to be GT's I don't hold him in any type of REVERANCE! He's a coach getting paid to do good things - he's an employee of this school. That's all. Some folks here have gotten to the point that he's beyond being a plain old coach - sorry, that's what he is!

I would have never gone to these games for 29 years if I was there for the coaches! Let's see let me buy season tix because I love this coach, what the heck is that? Heck, we didn't have any good ones until Ross and O'Leary! So, I guess I've been going this long for the team(s). So this stuff about, me being Yellow Jacket yesterday because Chan is not my cup of team is crap!

What is really getting sadder and sadder each day is that fans like you call out folks like me, when I have never said you shouldn't be a fan of the coach, when I never said you shouldn't be in his corner, when I never said 'YOU WEREN'T A FAN!
That's what this coach has done to fans like you who have taken a negative attitude to fans like me - in just one years time!!!!

The attacking is ludicrous, childish and downright sick and from adults who have degrees and should be educated and intelligent! You do not know me personally and it's sad you come to conclusions about someone you don't even know! I prefer not to get into that game on this board because I've tried to be adult about my fellow GT fans!

I respect you as a fan and your like for Chan - I expect the same as a fan with my opinion!

I still don't see anyone berating O'Leary. Somebody please point out any posts you think go over the line. Personally I liked George but always felt he had his faults like everybody else. The problem we have now is people are either 1) overlooking the shortcomings George had or 2) blaming him for stuff, or 3) blaming Chan for everything they don't like. The truth is that both men have their strengths and weaknesses. George had his recruiting going pretty well due to his tenure. Chan is building his network. Some of George's players have done wonders, some laid down last year. Some of Chan's new recruits look promising, some are either gone already or the jury's out. It's not an either or thing guys. I supported George, now I support Chan, and if/when he leaves I'll support whoever comes in next.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Driver8, you have your coaches mixed up. It was Friegden who carried us to four bowl games in four years, a 33-14 record, and 3-1 against UGA.

O'Leary, without Friegden was 18-20, only responsible for one bowl and he did not get to coach in it, and he was O-4 against UGA. Had he coached the one bowl game of which he was responsible, he probably would have lost it.

O'Leary was 7-6 in his last 13 games and had run the wheels off a predicted top ten wagon. O'Leary was 11-14 in his first 2 1/3 years. He was only 18-19 in his first 3 1/3 years, and that included a 7-5 record in Friegden's first year.

If you want to continue to compare O'Leary and Gailey, I have some more data to bring up.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Ms. Yech, I love the way you twist things around to say that those of us that are behind coach being negative personally towards you (and Chan did ALL of this in one year's time). Have you ever posted anything positive on this board other than I ought to be in the 401k? Does almost every single one of your posts have to revolve around your dislike for our coach? You know, we get it by now. You don't like him. You are starry eyed for the man that abandoned our team before a bowl because hobnobing and recruiting at Notre Dame was much more important than completing his responsibilities at Tech. I am positive about our current coach. We've had some setbacks on the field (get over it), but we've had a good recruiting class and it looks like an even better one may be shaping up. Gailey, despite your opinion, is well thought of by coaches and players across the country.

Originally posted by JJacket:
Ms. Yech, I love the way you twist things around to say that those of us that are behind coach being negative personally towards you (and Chan did ALL of this in one year's time). Have you ever posted anything positive on this board other than I ought to be in the 401k? Does almost every single one of your posts have to revolve around your dislike for our coach? You know, we get it by now. You don't like him. You are starry eyed for the man that abandoned our team before a bowl because hobnobing and recruiting at Notre Dame was much more important than completing his responsibilities at Tech. I am positive about our current coach. We've had some setbacks on the field (get over it), but we've had a good recruiting class and it looks like an even better one may be shaping up. Gailey, despite your opinion, is well thought of by coaches and players across the country.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JJacket! You just twisted everything I said!
When you get over Chan being the guy for GT, I'll get over Chan not being the guy - how's that!! The last I knew we were in a free country to express our opinions.

Again, it's a sad state of affairs that fans to each other are vicious and hostile because of a coach who has only coached here one season and still has to prove himself! Instead of bringing the fans together, he's managed to divide the masses and we've been here longer then he has - I call that PRETTY DARN NEGATIVE!!

I am going to say something controversial. Georgia Tech is not a football power. I know all about Heisman and Dodd. But that was a long time ago. I know that Ross won a title. But, most non-Tech people regard it as a fluke.

We play second fiddle to UGA in our own home town, not to mention the rest of the state. We spent most of the 80s and 90s struggling in a mediocre conference. Making a bowl game, major or minor, was considered a good year.

Then, O'Leary came along and made bowl games and top 25 finishes a habit. O'Leary came along and made UGA fans bother to hate Tech again. He is the only Tech coach I have ever heard UGA fans offer respect. Do you realize that O'Leary was the only coach to post five consecutive winning seasons since Dodd?

I don't know that O'Leary was ever going to win a national championship here. Who knows if anyone will. It is a tough place to build and maintain a program. But you always knew O'Leary would put a good team on the field. Let me ask you this, does anyone think that 8th place ACC predictions would have occurred under O'Leary?

NCjacket makes a pretty good point on the DL and QB situation O'Leary left us. But, who is to say one way or the other that O'Leary wouldn't have gone with Bilbo or Hall last year. I figure we'll find out if Bilbo was the way to go last year this year. Maybe O'Leary would have addressed the DL with the class of '02 or maybe not. We'll never know. (It isn't fair to count the class of '02 against Gailey or O'Leary). A lot of our line troubles come from the academic problems and, while they never would have happened if O'Leary was still around, I don't know that you can lay it at Gailey's feet. [It would be pretty tough to smash heads with your new boss during your first year on the job.]

In summary, the numbers say O'Leary is the best GT coach in the post-Dodd era. That the man left us for the most prestigious coaching job in college football is no reason to trash him.

What Gailey will be remains to be seen.

[qb]Ms. Yech, I love the way you twist things around to say that those of us that are behind coach being negative personally towards you (and Chan did ALL of this in one year's time). Have you ever posted anything positive on this board other than I ought to be in the 401k? Does almost every single one of your posts have to revolve around your dislike for our coach? You know, we get it by now. You don't like him. You are starry eyed for the man that abandoned our team before a bowl because hobnobing and recruiting at Notre Dame was much more important than completing his responsibilities at Tech. I am positive about our current coach. We've had some setbacks on the field (get over it), but we've had a good recruiting class and it looks like an even better one may be shaping up. Gailey, despite your opinion, is well thought of by coaches and players across the country.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JJacket! You just twisted everything I said!
When you get over Chan being the guy for GT, I'll get over Chan not being the guy - how's that!! The last I knew we were in a free country to express our opinions.

Again, it's a sad state of affairs that fans to each other are vicious and hostile because of a coach who has only coached here one season and still has to prove himself! Instead of bringing the fans together, he's managed to divide the masses and we've been here longer then he has - I call that PRETTY DARN NEGATIVE!!

And fortunately JJacket if an opinion here is that Chan is not good for GT - you're ridiculed, called out and labeled - you just did it to me by saying I should be this and that about this coach. I would never try to tell you what you should feel about him, or what to say here, it's you're perogative in a free country - DON'T DO IT TO ME! The more you do, the more I will give you why I feel the way I do!

When all is said and done here - as I said in my previous post that you said I twisted - if the team does well, he gets the accolades, if they don't he won't! If you feel he's the right guy, that's good for you, if I feel he's not - it's good for me!

[qb]
[qb]Ms. Yech, I love the way you twist things around to say that those of us that are behind coach being negative personally towards you (and Chan did ALL of this in one year's time). Have you ever posted anything positive on this board other than I ought to be in the 401k? Does almost every single one of your posts have to revolve around your dislike for our coach? You know, we get it by now. You don't like him. You are starry eyed for the man that abandoned our team before a bowl because hobnobing and recruiting at Notre Dame was much more important than completing his responsibilities at Tech. I am positive about our current coach. We've had some setbacks on the field (get over it), but we've had a good recruiting class and it looks like an even better one may be shaping up. Gailey, despite your opinion, is well thought of by coaches and players across the country.

And fortunately JJacket if an opinion here is that Chan is not good for GT - you're ridiculed, called out and labeled - you just did it to me by saying I should be this and that about this coach. I would never try to tell you what you should feel about him, or what to say here, it's you're perogative in a free country - DON'T DO IT TO ME! The more you do, the more I will give you why I feel the way I do!

When all is said and done here - as I said in my previous post that you said I twisted - if the team does well, he gets the accolades, if they don't he won't! If you feel he's the right guy, that's good for you, if I feel he's not - it's good for me!

PS: I happen to respect other fans even if we differ - looks like you don't and that's what is sad. The fan base is the foundation of GT sports. Long after coaches come and go, we're still here and how one person can make one against the other when we are already small fan base here in ATL - hurts the program more the me saying he can't coach!
shocked.gif

Originally posted by nathogt:
I am going to say something controversial. Georgia Tech is not a football power. I know all about Heisman and Dodd. But that was a long time ago. I know that Ross won a title. But, most non-Tech people regard it as a fluke.

We play second fiddle to UGA in our own home town, not to mention the rest of the state. We spent most of the 80s and 90s struggling in a mediocre conference. Making a bowl game, major or minor, was considered a good year.

Then, O'Leary came along and made bowl games and top 25 finishes a habit. O'Leary came along and made UGA fans bother to hate Tech again. He is the only Tech coach I have ever heard UGA fans offer respect. Do you realize that O'Leary was the only coach to post five consecutive winning seasons since Dodd?

I don't know that O'Leary was ever going to win a national championship here. Who knows if anyone will. It is a tough place to build and maintain a program. But you always knew O'Leary would put a good team on the field. Let me ask you this, does anyone think that 8th place ACC predictions would have occurred under O'Leary?

NCjacket makes a pretty good point on the DL and QB situation O'Leary left us. But, who is to say one way or the other that O'Leary wouldn't have gone with Bilbo or Hall last year. I figure we'll find out if Bilbo was the way to go last year this year. Maybe O'Leary would have addressed the DL with the class of '02 or maybe not. We'll never know. (It isn't fair to count the class of '02 against Gailey or O'Leary). A lot of our line troubles come from the academic problems and, while they never would have happened if O'Leary was still around, I don't know that you can lay it at Gailey's feet. [It would be pretty tough to smash heads with your new boss during your first year on the job.]

In summary, the numbers say O'Leary is the best GT coach in the post-Dodd era. That the man left us for the most prestigious coaching job in college football is no reason to trash him.

What Gailey will be remains to be seen.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">A very relavent post in content and truth!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by JJacket:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow! He's coached one whole season and STILL has yet to prove himself. After all, we all know that there should have been a smooth as a baby's butt transition of coaches, schemes and philosophies. In the meantime, he's managed to use his evil powers of persuasion to somehow trick some of us into GIVING THE MAN A FRIGGIN' CHANCE before pronouncing that he is single handedly collapsing our program. We got stomped by UGAg. So what? We got beat by Fresno State. It happens.

Do you call losing to FSU 38-0 in 97 effort?
How about Navy 36-26 in 96?
FSU 34-7 in 98?
LSU debacle 28-14 in 2000 Peach? (awful)

My point is: it happens to EVERY coach. I usually give people a chance to prove their worth BEFORE calling to lop their head off.

GOL leaving (abandoning) Tech in the midst of bowl season gives me EVERY DAMN reason to trash him.

MsTA, you are throwing false statements on the board again. It is an outright lie that Gailey has caused dissention between Tech fans on these boards.

The absolute truth is you and your kind have caused the dissention and have also caused the comparisons of GOL's record without Friegden at his side.

Show me one post where Gailey has come on this board and made a statement to one side or the other to cause dissention on the board.

It is your incessant bitching about Gailey that has caused some of the board members to voice their opinions that he should have another year to prove himself. You and your kind have caused the dissention on the board, not Gailey.

You and your kind started all of the comparisons between O'Leary and Gailey. None of the board members brought out O'Leary's records until you and your kind started bashing Gailey and comparing him to O'Leary.

If you want to see the guilty party, go look in the mirror.

And another thing, when I bring out records and facts, and post them on the board for comparisons, no one is tearing down a past coach. Facts speak for themselves. If you produce facts, you have not attacked the coach, but merely posted the data.

You and some others do not like it, because those facts are true. You will just have to live with it, because the facts will always be there.

As far as there not being a good coach at Tech until O'Leary came, you are again wrong. I happen to have been around at the beginning of Dodd's head coaching career. If you want to compare coaches on that end, I will be glad to do that also.

Nathogt, I am going to refute one of your statements also. I am surrounded by Dawg fans. I have not come across one UGA fan that did not want us to keep O'Leary at Tech. They were hoping we would keep him.

However, every last UGA fan I have talked with was overjoyed that Friegden had left.

I am stating your remark was untrue. I challenge you to take a poll of the UGA fans and ask them if they would have liked for us to keep O'Leary or lose him. Then I challenge you to quiz them about Friegden in the same manner.

Father Time

I dont like piling on Ahso.. but EXCELLENT POST !!

My own comments.. JJ, I hear what you are saying, but I dont think GOL made a mistake by leaving Tech.. I dont blame a man for chasing his dream, GOL knew that the program at Tech was on a downhill slope, he had to cash in when the oppty was there.. I dont blame him.

Driver, I hate to tell you this, but 2001 was the same mess as 2002.. if you cant see the comparisions between the two seasons, either you dont remember very well or just choose to deny it.. if you dont believe me, take a look for yourself.. injuries (You name it in 2002, in 2001, DSmith, etc), the inability to make a defensive adjustment (WF-2002, Clem-2001),losing games we should have won (Clem,VA,FSU in 2001, Clem,WF,FSU in 2002), teams quit in both seasons.. these are just a few, I could do a page on this if I had the time.. The good old days left with RF.

Nathogt, good post, GOL did leave the program much better than he found it.. I am glad that he came to Tech, hated that he left, but he decided to leave.. he is gone, so is Dodd, so is Heisman.. its time to move on..

Ms Tech.. you have made it clear many times that you didnt like Gailey from the start.. nothing wrong with that.. but you are like so many others on this board and in the media, hypersensitive to any mistake that Gailey may make, while not ready to give him credit when credit is due.. buying season tickets means nothing to a player when the season ticket holder is a fickle fan.. but that is just my opinion.

Everyone associated with Tech did not like the fact that we had injuries last year, lost games, etc.. but, Gailey deserves a chance to do the job, and as a Tech fan, I will support him until I see that he cant do the job.. and I believe a lot of people are going to be eating crow, I believe he will do us a good job.

MsTA, you are throwing false statements on the board again. It is an outright lie that Gailey has caused dissention between Tech fans on these boards.

The absolute truth is you and your kind have caused the dissention and have also caused the comparisons of GOL's record without Friegden at his side.

Show me one post where Gailey has come on this board and made a statement to one side or the other to cause dissention on the board.

It is your incessant bitching about Gailey that has caused some of the board members to voice their opinions that he should have another year to prove himself. You and your kind have caused the dissention on the board, not Gailey.

You and your kind started all of the comparisons between O'Leary and Gailey. None of the board members brought out O'Leary's records until you and your kind started bashing Gailey and comparing him to O'Leary.

If you want to see the guilty party, go look in the mirror.

And another thing, when I bring out records and facts, and post them on the board for comparisons, no one is tearing down a past coach. Facts speak for themselves. If you produce facts, you have not attacked the coach, but merely posted the data.

You and some others do not like it, because those facts are true. You will just have to live with it, because the facts will always be there.

As far as there not being a good coach at Tech until O'Leary came, you are again wrong. I happen to have been around at the beginning of Dodd's head coaching career. If you want to compare coaches on that end, I will be glad to do that also.

Nathogt, I am going to refute one of your statements also. I am surrounded by Dawg fans. I have not come across one UGA fan that did not want us to keep O'Leary at Tech. They were hoping we would keep him.

However, every last UGA fan I have talked with was overjoyed that Friegden had left.

I am stating your remark was untrue. I challenge you to take a poll of the UGA fans and ask them if they would have liked for us to keep O'Leary or lose him. Then I challenge you to quiz them about Friegden in the same manner.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso, you always mention Friedgen.. Where would gailey have been last year without the highest paid assistant coach in the ACC last year, John Tenuta?... Hmmmmmmmm ?? I'm sure if Tenuta hadn't been with Tech last year & there was an average defensive coach last year we would've been in the 4-5 win range...

:::::::::Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
JJacket! You just twisted everything I said!
When you get over Chan being the guy for GT, I'll get over Chan not being the guy - how's that!! The last I knew we were in a free country to express our opinions. :::::::::::

MSTA, this is a perfect example of why I feel it is necessary to express my opinion that you are BEING (not that you are) a clueless dumb ass. First off, JJJacket is not saying he thinks Chan is "the guy" for Tech. He does feel like most of us that Chan should be given a fair chance TO BE THE GUY for Tech. What we have seen thus far is not evidence enough. So RIGHT there you are just being clueless as to the point he is making.

Then you proceed to BE a dumbass by posting that you will "get over Chan not being the guy for Tech". Which says 1.) that you've seen enough to know that he cannot coach, which you haven't and 2.) that you are not supporting Coach Gailey. And YES, saying that he is not the guy for Tech IS NOT supporting Coach Gailey.

That's fine if you don't want to support Coach Gailey. HOWEVER, knowing FULL WELL that Coach Gailey will be given this year and most likely A 3rd year, and maybe even a 4th year to prove within a shadow of a doubt that he is either a.) A good coach for GT or b.) a bad coach for GT, here is the million dollar question: WHY WOULDN'T YOU AT LEAST SHOW SUPPORT FOR HIM knowing he's going to be here awhile?

You can be critical all you want... no one is telling you otherwise... however, what you are doing is being NON-supportive by evidence that you say "He is not the man for GT." That is, excuse my french, just flat out stupid. You or I are not qualified AT ALL to know JACK öööö about whether or not he is the man for GT AT THIS POINT, so that just comes across as dumb.

We as GT fans SHOULD ALL WANT COACH GAILEY TO SUCCEED!!! You obviously, don't want him to succeed and that is apparent with the above post you made. This is why myself as well as so many other people here jump down your throat, because quite simply, YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT! If you do want him to succed, it is NOT EVIDENT AT ALL in any of your posts.

::::::Again, it's a sad state of affairs that fans to each other are vicious and hostile because of a coach who has only coached here one season and still has to prove himself! Instead of bringing the fans together, he's managed to divide the masses and we've been here longer then he has - I call that PRETTY DARN NEGATIVE!!:::::::

The masses are dividing because of stupid, unneccessary negative öööö that is being said by some of our fans LIKE YOU. Again, this does NOT mean you cannot be critical, but what you are doing is a step further, you are not supporting the Coach. He has become the root of the problem according to you, by evidence of your above words. Gailey has little to no control over the masses dividing over opinions on the current state of athletics

And the reasons I as well as others are preceived as "being hostile and vicious" is because we are trying to protect THE GOD DAMN INTEGRITY of what is fair and honorable of our school and football program. I agree it is a sad state of affairs when people have to do this, but you keep posting this nonsense, and I'm going to keep telling you it's pointless and stupid.

:::::::And fortunately JJacket if an opinion here is that Chan is not good for GT - you're ridiculed, called out and labeled - you just did it to me by saying I should be this and that about this coach. I would never try to tell you what you should feel about him, or what to say here, it's you're perogative in a free country - DON'T DO IT TO ME! The more you do, the more I will give you why I feel the way I do!::::::::

Ok,wading through this babble was tough, but i think i managed to understand what you were trying to say. If you are critical of Gailey's actions... great. Have at it. He gets paid a lot of money and that's part of coaching college football. But you act like a man cannot correct his mistakes. You don't judge an action or an event in it's individuality. You are judging the man's overall ability to coach and your judgement is non-reconcilable. In other words, your mind is made up, he's bad, that's it. THAT IS NOT BEING CRITICAL, THAT IS BEING DECIDED!!! And guess what? That is NOT supportive of our coach, our program, and our team. After 1 year of coaching this team, you've managed to judge him already and that is just ridiculous.

::::::::When all is said and done here - as I said in my previous post that you said I twisted - if the team does well, he gets the accolades, if they don't he won't! If you feel he's the right guy, that's good for you, if I feel he's not - it's good for me!:::::::

That last sentence really irks me. Good for you if he's not the guy??? Do you realize how destructive your attitude is? Do you realize how NEGATIVE and UNSUPPORTIVE that statement is?? Do you?? i don't think you get it at all. That's not being critical. this is PRIME example of you not being supportive at all. Again, WE SHOULD ALL WANT GAILEY TO SUCCEED. Why do you not want him to succeed?? That is just a stupid ass statement.

:::::PS: I happen to respect other fans even if we differ - looks like you don't and that's what is sad. The fan base is the foundation of GT sports. Long after coaches come and go, we're still here and how one person can make one against the other when we are already small fan base here in ATL - hurts the program more the me saying he can't coach!:::::

I hope you now understand what is hurting the program. The reason MOST people here cannot respect you MSTA is because you cannot be fair or supportive and THAT is the reason you see the fan base as divided and negative. If you cannot get that, please re-read my post. Really. I'm not trying to be nasty to you, I'm just trying to make you understand what IS HEALTHY Criticism, and what is clearly unsupportive, unproductive, and obviously stupid DECIDED commentary.

No one here is saying you cannot have that opinion that our coach stinks, you can. but it needs to be tempered so that it does not take away from your support of the coach. Right now, it clearly does. I hope you understand that. I've tried to do my best in showing you. Again, reread my post, let it all sink in before you respond.

BeeBad, that is highly possible, it could have gone either way. We could have done better without Tenuta or worse without him. It is pure speculation at this time. This year will give us more data on Tenuta.

It is possible, we could have done worse without BOB. We did have two years to assess the effectiveness of BOB, although that is still not enough time to judge his true abilities. We just don't know, and we don't have enough data to go on at this time.

Although, you cannot make absolute decisions on the data from one year, you can see trends from the data over several years.

Why do I use Friedgen as an example? The years he was with Ross, O'Leary, and now on his own has provided me with enough data to make a pretty accurate assessment of his value to a program.

Just his success with quarterbacks alone makes him a valid example for comparisons.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso... Agree with most of what you said...I am sure you will agree that most head coaches have periods where they are more successful based on the quality of their assistannts... Bobby Bowden seems to have taken a significant drop since The Chest & Richt left... Spurrier's Florida teams the last couple years were not as successful without Bob Stoops, when Donnan lost his offensive coordinator who went to I believe LSU to be an assistant there was a significant drop... Now, if Bowden's teams without Richt & The Chest as his assistants settle into the 3-4 loss range every year does that mean that Bowden isn't/wasn't a great coach?... Should he end up with the most wins of all-time will the record be disallowed 'cause the trend has proven that without Richt & The Chest he wasn't nearly as good a coach?

BOR: You need to archive my past posts because I've said here many, many times over - coaches are paid employees - if the team does well, they gain my support. Players are stuck with the coaches unless they transfer - I feel for them more and will cheer for the team on gameday -
like I have done ALL THE YEARS WE WERE NOT GOOD!

If they have a productive day with a coach who is doing the job and makes the program something we can all be proud of - he wins my support. If they don't, and I see what I believe to be someone who 'can't cut the mustard' as a coach - I will not support him. I root for the team in spite of the coach - thank God - GT hasn't had that many great seasons in the 29 years I have been going but it's always been about supporting the school and the team(s) first - coaches come and go! Y

I not only have felt that way with GT but my alma mater as well, my favorite pro teams, my favorite teams anywhere. I love the school I attended, I support the school I attended,but if their sports programs are not in the hands of good coaching - I tell it like it is there as well. And yes, I have been right about everyone I have felt this way about and has ended up the way I thought it would.

The HC is not my priest, pastor, minister, Pope or God - he's someone being paid tremendous amounts of money and fans have been critiquing them for years - If you take the job you better be prepared for the bad and the good. Chan took the job - he better be prepared!

So MsTA, is it fair to say then that if Chan shows enough to the powers that be to return next year and the year after and then we wake up one day and he has Tech in the top 1-2 of the ACC and competing for a BCS bowl that he will then be your guy? Just wondering.

Does that also mean you were convinced Ross wasn't the guy after his first two years but changed your mind when he started to win? How about Curry? What about George? Because if your answer to any of those is no, then you obviously base your opinion on something other than results. And that makes your opinion as suspect as anybody else's around here. And my continuing point is that as long as it's only opinion, continuous negativity towards the program CANNOT HELP THE TEAM OR THE PLAYERS&gt;

I'm not asking you to change your mind. And I'm not asking you to shut up. But why not limit discussions to issues other than the suitability of the HC or at least don't interject it into other topic threads? And that goes for BDG, Drive, etc. Just my opinion.

Back