Coach O'Leary sighting

Re: Coach O\'Leary sighting

BeeBad, no, you are looking at only one aspect of Bowden. You cannot draw a conclusion from that one aspect.

First, Bowden proved his abilities at every school where he has coached. Even though Bowden has lost some top assistants in the recent past, he has lost assistants throughout his career, both at West Virginia and FSU.

Bowden continued to win over a long period of time at various schools after changing assistants.

In the case of Friegden and O'Leary, you do not have the case where O'Leary excelled without Friegden, so your example does not apply. Had O'Leary excelled prior to Frieden's appearance or after he had gone, you could make a strong case for his abilities as a head coach.

I hope O'Leary gets another chance in college somewhere in the near future. If he does, I will follow his progress with curiosity to see how he performs and would be hoping he would succeed. I do not think his mistake on his resume should hold him back in getting another job.

Since Ralph has proven himself as an offensive genius, I do believe some of the ADs would be a little leery of O'Leary's record, but I do think some ADs would probably give him a chance.

He did prove he was not afraid to take a program that was down, roll up his sleeves, and hit it head on. He also was the catalyst in the additions to our present stadium. He was also a good recruiter. He also proved he was not afraid to buck the system to protect his players.

I would imagine he could possibly recruit even better at a school that did not have the academic limitations of a GT.

Probably the biggest problem with Bowden and Paterno are their age. It is a fact you lose enthusiasm and the ability to think quickly as you age.

Enthusiasm is contagious and spreads to the players on the team. The lack of same also spreads to the team.

I would guess Bowden has lost some of those games because he could not think of the proper moves to make at the right time during some of those games. After the games, he probably sat back and reflected on them and could see where he should have done differently.

If he was in his prime, he might have made better decisions more quickly, which might have produced wins instead of losses.

Now there is no question that good assistants are extremely valuable.

You also forgot Fulmer at Tennessee losing his offensive coordinator to Ole Miss. Tennessee has not been as productive since then.

Bobby Dodd was a good coach, but his records were enhanced when he had Frank Broyles as his offensive coordinator and Ray Graves as his defensive coordinator. His production suffered some after those coordinators left for head coaching jobs.

Father Time

Well.. the jury is still out on BOB too... We averaged 31.5 points under his guidance his last year with O'Leary... Quite a bit less under gailey...Granted, we had an experienced QB & RB who left after that year.. but Godsey wasn't even drafted by the pros & Burns will be a bit player at best.. Neither were anywhere near All-American.... Despite that our 505 yards per game in '01 & point production were near tops in the country...

O'Leary did in fact bring in Friedgen so if nothing else, he deserves credit for that... When I hire a good salesman and he produces great revenue I run to the bank and don't care if anybody gives me the credit for hiring him or him/her the credit for making the sales...

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
MsTA, you are throwing false statements on the board again. It is an outright lie that Gailey has caused dissention between Tech fans on these boards.

The absolute truth is you and your kind have caused the dissention and have also caused the comparisons of GOL's record without Friegden at his side.

Show me one post where Gailey has come on this board and made a statement to one side or the other to cause dissention on the board.

It is your incessant bitching about Gailey that has caused some of the board members to voice their opinions that he should have another year to prove himself. You and your kind have caused the dissention on the board, not Gailey.

You and your kind started all of the comparisons between O'Leary and Gailey. None of the board members brought out O'Leary's records until you and your kind started bashing Gailey and comparing him to O'Leary.

If you want to see the guilty party, go look in the mirror.

And another thing, when I bring out records and facts, and post them on the board for comparisons, no one is tearing down a past coach. Facts speak for themselves. If you produce facts, you have not attacked the coach, but merely posted the data.

You and some others do not like it, because those facts are true. You will just have to live with it, because the facts will always be there.

As far as there not being a good coach at Tech until O'Leary came, you are again wrong. I happen to have been around at the beginning of Dodd's head coaching career. If you want to compare coaches on that end, I will be glad to do that also.

Nathogt, I am going to refute one of your statements also. I am surrounded by Dawg fans. I have not come across one UGA fan that did not want us to keep O'Leary at Tech. They were hoping we would keep him.

However, every last UGA fan I have talked with was overjoyed that Friegden had left.

I am stating your remark was untrue. I challenge you to take a poll of the UGA fans and ask them if they would have liked for us to keep O'Leary or lose him. Then I challenge you to quiz them about Friegden in the same manner.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Here ya go with THAT FALSEHOOD THING AGAIN - You are false in interpreting what I have to say! I work for UGAG grads - and they were ALWAYS THREATENING THAT O'LEARY WAS GOING TO LEAVE FOR ND YEARS BEFORE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

They were HOPING IT WOULD HAPPEN BACK THEN, they were praying! You can't imagine the glee when it did and we hired Chan Gailey!
mad.gif
Now, they just love Chan being here and never want him to leave and I hate having to deal with it! Thank goodness I do like the people I work for but to be reminded about where we were and where we are now is bad enough - but to get it from Dawg fans is worse!

You were here with Dodd, I wasn't. I started in '74 - it's Ross and O'Leary, thank you! Dissension run a muck when a coach doesn't do his job, again me coming here and saying I didn't like the hire didn't make all those folks at the AA who gave their negative comments to our local paper. They were quoted by being there and seeing and knowing - that's pretty darn close to the action!

Second, until Chan Gailey took over this program -I had never seen such animosity one to another (the fans), not even in the Lewis days! His coaching ability or lack there of - brings it out! I wish I could say that I had that much power - I'd change the world and the coach! But, I don't. Unfortunately, Chan is making his own bed and sleeping in it.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Well.. the jury is still out on BOB too... We averaged 31.5 points under his guidance his last year with O'Leary... Quite a bit less under gailey...Granted, we had an experienced QB & RB who left after that year.. but Godsey wasn't even drafted by the pros & Burns will be a bit player at best.. Neither were anywhere near All-American.... Despite that our 505 yards per game in '01 & point production were near tops in the country...

O'Leary did in fact bring in Friedgen so if nothing else, he deserves credit for that... When I hire a good salesman and he produces great revenue I run to the bank and don't care if anybody gives me the credit for hiring him or him/her the credit for making the sales...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great analogy - when I hired great personnel and they produce, my paycheck and all those that work with me thrive! I hire they get the job done and we all look great!

In business, in sports, in the family environment if those that run the show succeed all those around them reap the rewards and benefit from the actions! A no brainer, it's that simple!
pat.gif

MsTA the biggest reason fans react the way they do now has nothing to do with the sport, coaches or records. It's the internet. There was no StingTalk in '92-'94 so there was nowhere for people to get themselves so worked up. You read the paper and maybe talked to someone who knew someone. So comparing how fans are reacting now and when Lewis was the coach is silly. For that matter Ross would have been in it to hiw neck if the internet was around when he started.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
BOR: You need to archive my past posts because I've said here many, many times over - coaches are paid employees - if the team does well, they gain my support. Players are stuck with the coaches unless they transfer - I feel for them more and will cheer for the team on gameday -
like I have done ALL THE YEARS WE WERE NOT GOOD!

If they have a productive day with a coach who is doing the job and makes the program something we can all be proud of - he wins my support. If they don't, and I see what I believe to be someone who 'can't cut the mustard' as a coach - I will not support him. I root for the team in spite of the coach - thank God - GT hasn't had that many great seasons in the 29 years I have been going but it's always been about supporting the school and the team(s) first - coaches come and go! Y

I not only have felt that way with GT but my alma mater as well, my favorite pro teams, my favorite teams anywhere. I love the school I attended, I support the school I attended,but if their sports programs are not in the hands of good coaching - I tell it like it is there as well. And yes, I have been right about everyone I have felt this way about and has ended up the way I thought it would.

The HC is not my priest, pastor, minister, Pope or God - he's someone being paid tremendous amounts of money and fans have been critiquing them for years - If you take the job you better be prepared for the bad and the good. Chan took the job - he better be prepared!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MSTA, unfortunately you didn't listen to one thing I said. Please, go back and re-read my post. From your response it is quite obvious you did not see the point being spelled out. I'm not really arguing with anything your saying above with the exception of one point. At this point not supporting Gailey IS detractive if not destructive in whatever miniscule way it might be to the Football TEAM, it is detractive if not destructive to the program, which is destructive to GT. He will be given a fair chance, like it or not. So support him whle he's here.

And I'd like to take aim at your statement that "I have been right about everyone I've felt this way about". Now you are infallible. You obviously will never admit you are wrong about Anything. You are backing yourself into a corner in which you will never support the coach. You are doing EXACTLY what I was trying to point out in my post above which is unhealthy and DESTRUCTIVE to GT. THAT is causing the negativity around our program and THAT is what is dividing the fans of our program.

Please, go back, and re-read, very carefully my post. And read it slowly and digest it. Seriously, you need to. You're not getting it at all.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
So MsTA, is it fair to say then that if Chan shows enough to the powers that be to return next year and the year after and then we wake up one day and he has Tech in the top 1-2 of the ACC and competing for a BCS bowl that he will then be your guy? Just wondering.

Does that also mean you were convinced Ross wasn't the guy after his first two years but changed your mind when he started to win? How about Curry? What about George? Because if your answer to any of those is no, then you obviously base your opinion on something other than results. And that makes your opinion as suspect as anybody else's around here. And my continuing point is that as long as it's only opinion, continuous negativity towards the program CANNOT HELP THE TEAM OR THE PLAYERS&gt;

I'm not asking you to change your mind. And I'm not asking you to shut up. But why not limit discussions to issues other than the suitability of the HC or at least don't interject it into other topic threads? And that goes for BDG, Drive, etc. Just my opinion.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'd really like to know these questions myself. I don't think these people will ever understand that NCJacket.

So MsTA, is it fair to say then that if Chan shows enough to the powers that be to return next year and the year after and then we wake up one day and he has Tech in the top 1-2 of the ACC and competing for a BCS bowl that he will then be your guy? Just wondering.

Does that also mean you were convinced Ross wasn't the guy after his first two years but changed your mind when he started to win? How about Curry? What about George? Because if your answer to any of those is no, then you obviously base your opinion on something other than results. And that makes your opinion as suspect as anybody else's around here. And my continuing point is that as long as it's only opinion, continuous negativity towards the program CANNOT HELP THE TEAM OR THE PLAYERS&gt;

I'm not asking you to change your mind. And I'm not asking you to shut up. But why not limit discussions to issues other than the suitability of the HC or at least don't interject it into other topic threads? And that goes for BDG, Drive, etc. Just my opinion.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NCJ: 'if Chan shows enough to the powers that be', that's an interesting comment, because the powers that be (alumni) were up in arms all through last season - that letter sent by DB to season tix holders had nothing to do with me not liking Chan - it had to do with the POWER FOLKS and the negative feedback he was getting from those that count and they were huge. DB was stressed like no other and it wasn't me that did it!

Now, I was never enamored by Bill Curry - nice guy, couldn't coach and said many, many times back then. Never could understand why GT stuck by him so long. But, I was a GT fan first and the team first you keep going and hope for the best. When he left of his volition I was happy!

Any coach who takes this job has to prove to me, you and everyone that supports GT that he has the abililty to be good for GT and utimately put a product on the field that can compete. The product I saw in 2002 was lacking in many categories and believe with a better leader at the helm - it WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THAT BAD - some of those losses just needed better coaching, direction and results from a take charge leader.

Whoever the coach is, he's going to have to be prepared to take the good with the bad and that's how I have always felt. Now, taking the program 'down the tubes' IS WRONG! Building the program from something that didn't exist will get you my backing but I have to see improvement.

I have said this before here and I'll say it again, when Chan Gailey said he wanted to go to a Top 25 program and not fix anyone's mess - it was an eye opener for me and his work ethic! That statement did not ingratiate me to his coaching ability or professional persona. You want the money but you don't want the work????

If I interview someone and tell them I just fired someone and they left their responsibilites and dept in a mess and they say to me - I don't want a job where I have to come in and fix someone else's mess - I don't hire them!

If it's the opposite and they make a comment that they like the fact that they can come into a good situation because they don't like having to responsible for someone else's deficiences - I'n not going to hire you.

What's going to happen Chan, if you take it down the tubes - do you feel and think the same way? Are you capable Chan of getting it back or do you just move on like your previous coaching jobs on your resume has you moving every two to three years?

Every employee in every enviroment has to prove themselves to their direct reports, fans, whatever, Chan Gailey and every other coach around the country goes through this every year they coach. GT is no different and I had the same feelings for all the previous coaches that had the position.

I applaud those who know they have a huge job/task at hand and it's going to take a lot from them to make good things happen. That work ethic speaks volumes about you the person and your continance. To publicly come out and make that statement was not only an eye opener but intriguing that he would even make it - didn't make him look good to me.

NCJ you asked what I felt with Ross and O'Leary pretty much the same but I wasn't contending with a coach who didn't want a mess to fix but chose to take over something that needed fixing!

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
[qb]BOR: You need to archive my past posts because I've said here many, many times over - coaches are paid employees - if the team does well, they gain my support. Players are stuck with the coaches unless they transfer - I feel for them more and will cheer for the team on gameday -
like I have done ALL THE YEARS WE WERE NOT GOOD!

If they have a productive day with a coach who is doing the job and makes the program something we can all be proud of - he wins my support. If they don't, and I see what I believe to be someone who 'can't cut the mustard' as a coach - I will not support him. I root for the team in spite of the coach - thank God - GT hasn't had that many great seasons in the 29 years I have been going but it's always been about supporting the school and the team(s) first - coaches come and go! Y

I not only have felt that way with GT but my alma mater as well, my favorite pro teams, my favorite teams anywhere. I love the school I attended, I support the school I attended,but if their sports programs are not in the hands of good coaching - I tell it like it is there as well. And yes, I have been right about everyone I have felt this way about and has ended up the way I thought it would.

The HC is not my priest, pastor, minister, Pope or God - he's someone being paid tremendous amounts of money and fans have been critiquing them for years - If you take the job you better be prepared for the bad and the good. Chan took the job - he better be prepared!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MSTA, unfortunately you didn't listen to one thing I said. Please, go back and re-read my post. From your response it is quite obvious you did not see the point being spelled out. I'm not really arguing with anything your saying above with the exception of one point. At this point not supporting Gailey IS detractive if not destructive in whatever miniscule way it might be to the Football TEAM, it is detractive if not destructive to the program, which is destructive to GT. He will be given a fair chance, like it or not. So support him whle he's here.

And I'd like to take aim at your statement that "I have been right about everyone I've felt this way about". Now you are infallible. You obviously will never admit you are wrong about Anything. You are backing yourself into a corner in which you will never support the coach. You are doing EXACTLY what I was trying to point out in my post above which is unhealthy and DESTRUCTIVE to GT. THAT is causing the negativity around our program and THAT is what is dividing the fans of our program.

Please, go back, and re-read, very carefully my post. And read it slowly and digest it. Seriously, you need to.

BOR: Until you know me personally you will never know what I felt about the coaches that didn't do GT justice here - from Pepper, Curry, Lewis I said it about all of them and before they left - long before. Everyone who knows me would verify my feelings. You don't know me. Even at my alma mater Boston College I was totally defiant about the hiring of Dan Henning! There was more junk happening on the field and off during his tenure.

Oh my God, I couldn't fathom BC making that mistake - he ended up being the worst disaster in BC's recent football history! Yes I was right about him and GT's coaches. Yes, I do make mistakes but have yet to make one about who is good and not good for the teams I have supported.

As a Patriots fan I thought the hiring of Pete Carroll was awful - guess what, he was gone after two seasons. I loved Bill Parcells and he made things happen. I loved Bill Belechik and he took them to their first Super Bowl victory and still like him.

Call it what you may, but I have never felt a need not to say who I like and don't like as coaches and they have all panned out that way. A little scary but right on!

Interesting, 33 lines, 11 paragraphs and yet you somehow never answered any of my questions.

I'll give you another one. You put alot of stock into Chan's press conference quote about not rebuilding a program. Funny, most of what I hear at press conferences I ignore. Because it's all about sound bites and what the public wants to hear. What we as Tech fans wanted to hear was exactly what he said. And probably what he thought as well, since he hadn't had time to figure out we didn't have a QB capable of running a D-1 offense. Be that as it may. Now what he's saying is WTTE we will be a good team this year. Do you like that comment, and would you hire someone who said that in an interview?

Interesting, 33 lines, 11 paragraphs and yet you somehow never answered any of my questions.

I'll give you another one. You put alot of stock into Chan's press conference quote about not rebuilding a program. Funny, most of what I hear at press conferences I ignore. Because it's all about sound bites and what the public wants to hear. What we as Tech fans wanted to hear was exactly what he said. And probably what he thought as well, since he hadn't had time to figure out we didn't have a QB capable of running a D-1 offense. Be that as it may. Now what he's saying is WTTE we will be a good team this year. Do you like that comment, and would you hire someone who said that in an interview?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

That's funny NCJacket. I read MSTA's response to you and me and thought the same damn thing. Did you include her response to me in your 33 lines 11 paragraphs?

MSTA has a serious inability to comprehend what people are saying. It is evident with each tangent post she makes. Like she cannot directly respond because it hurts her arguement or she's just stupid.

MSTA, if you are reading this, could you tell me in your own words what YOU think me and NC Jacket are telling you. That might make it easier on both of us.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What we want to hear and what was actually said is different. Did you expect him to say he couldn't do the job? Does any coach say that - heck no! Heck, he said he had been working since Feb. '02 to prepare for UGAG - OH REALLY? If that is what 10 months of preparation did, oh God help us!!

Your using sound bites to say, he said all these wonderful things, what's the difference? I put more stock in a conference when something jumps out at me. Every coach is going to say we'll go 12-0, win ACC, beat GAG and whatever - they should. It's the other stuff you need to listen to and I did!

Had he never made the comment but maybe thought that way would have been better, but he didn't. And as far as hiring, I have had the luxury as an HR Manager of being very successful in hiring - so I guess again it's all about who's doing the job and how well do they do it!! Another example of finding the right people.

If Chan succeeds - I'm glad for Tech and then him, if he doesn't all this will continue.

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif
pat.gif

That's funny NCJacket. I read MSTA's response to you and me and thought the same damn thing. Did you include her response to me in your 33 lines 11 paragraphs?

MSTA has a serious inability to comprehend what people are saying. It is evident with each tangent post she makes. Like she cannot directly respond because it hurts her arguement or she's just stupid.

MSTA, if you are reading this, could you tell me in your own words what YOU think me and NC Jacket are telling you. That might make it easier on both of us.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Tangents were made for fans like me who don't like what they see - get it????? Tangent is a good thing for those of us who prayed for better but got worse!

Giving Chan his just do is what you asking and time - well, any person in sports who is paid ungodly amounts of money before he does that job is insane.

So, until he does the job right and produces something good - get it, then Chan will get some positives from me. I know what your saying and no I will not give him anything until he gives to GT and do I think it's destructive, NO! What is destructive is a coach who blundered his way through last year and BY HIMSELF got the ire of the fans to a cresendo that never went away.

How about if or when Chan is let go - you can blame me? Is that fair! I'll allow that and let me make a suggestion to anyone here that thinks I'm destructive to Chan and the team - contact the moderators and have me thrown off this board. I really believe if that's what you think that I can make happen - anyone here should do it.

I wait for success to happen and don't give kudos before it happens.

Since it is 2 against 1 here I feel compelled to jump in and even the odds..
grin.gif

NC & BOR... to address your argument that we should all join together & support the coach & end all negativity 'cause it is bad for the program I say this:

1. If Coleman Rudolph can say what he said on the radio, which was heard by far more people than will read posts here, I don't think your argument has legs...
2. Negative feedback can be highly motivational.. A year ago at this time chan was on his honeymoon like all new coaches are... He was laid back and "folksy"...Personally, I like his attitude more this year.. It has been stated that he has a "sense of urgency" and is ticked... That the team is angry & wants to prove people wrong... If the internet is causing that then perhaps we need to ratchet up the pressure even more...

MsTA I don't know quite what to say to your response. For one thing you still haven't answered my original questions. As far as the press conference I think you're saying that you do in fact read a lot into his character by what he said in the press conference. Fair enough, I don't. I think press conferences are to appease the press.

BeeBad, show me a post I made that said people shouldn't criticize the coach? I've said over and over that I have no problem with criticism when it's directed at something he did or didn't do. What I have a problem with is personal attacks and those who turn every discussion into an attack on the coach. I have problems with some of what Chan has done since he's been at Tech. But my infinite wisdom doesn't extend to knowing what he's capable of based on one year, especially a year in which we had the bizarre series of circumstances we had last year. I expect better from him. What part of that do you have a problem with?

I also feel that if you've already given up you should just keep it to yourself. It doesn't help anything. Send a letter to Clough, threaten to withhold your donations, whatever you want. But we're getting ready to begin a football season. And if you can't get behind the team (and the coach is part of the team) then I have no use for you.

BOR - help! Is it me? Am I not able to express myself clearly? I feel like I'm arguing with my 13 year old.

MsTA I don't know quite what to say to your response. For one thing you still haven't answered my original questions. As far as the press conference I think you're saying that you do in fact read a lot into his character by what he said in the press conference. Fair enough, I don't. I think press conferences are to appease the press.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NCJ: Let me ask you this, do you find appeasement in those comments about Top 25 program and not fixing anyone's mess? How would that satisfy you in believing he will bust but for GT? I don't see anything in that statement that I can pull out of it for that justification.

Appeasing is all about what you said he said and what I said coaches usually say, the rah, rah kind of stuff. The what to heck is this other stuff? To me it speaks more to his personality and what HE WAS LOOKING FOR!

MsTA what I got from that comment is that he was giving O'Leary credit for leaving the program in good shape. And I think he did, except for the QB mess which neither of them thought would happen. I believe George thought one of them would step up. Gailey at that point had nothing to go on except what people told him. By appeasement I meant giving the press something to write, they wanted upbeat, he gave them upbeat. I don't think it had anything to do with work ethic. To me you're reading way too much into it.

BeeBad, show me a post I made that said people shouldn't criticize the coach? I've said over and over that I have no problem with criticism when it's directed at something he did or didn't do. What I have a problem with is personal attacks and those who turn every discussion into an attack on the coach. I have problems with some of what Chan has done since he's been at Tech. But my infinite wisdom doesn't extend to knowing what he's capable of based on one year, especially a year in which we had the bizarre series of circumstances we had last year. I expect better from him. What part of that do you have a problem with?

I also feel that if you've already given up you should just keep it to yourself. It doesn't help anything. Send a letter to Clough, threaten to withhold your donations, whatever you want. But we're getting ready to begin a football season. And if you can't get behind the team (and the coach is part of the team) then I have no use for you.

BOR - help! Is it me? Am I not able to express myself clearly? I feel like I'm arguing with my 13 year old.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Personal attacks are meant for the man himself, not the coach in him. We have not come here and attacked the person nor do I feel I have attacked - I met him - nice guy but I have problems with coaching like others!

I have ALWAYS directed my comments to his coaching abilities or lack there of. If that means I think he can't cut it here - it's all about coaching!

I wonder if he were a real jerk and no one liked his personality but he was winning, could you tolerate it - I could! I don't have to deal with his personality and I just have to watch the product he puts on the field and that's what we are talking about.

BOR, I will have to agree with you on this sentence:MSTA has a serious inability to comprehend what people are saying.

To prove my point watch the answer to this:

MsTA, the people that went to the athletic department to protest about Braine, Gailey, the grades, etc. have nothing to do with the dissention on the board.

They approached the GTAA in unison, with no discord among them. The only discord or dissention was between them and the GTAA.

There is no dissention in the general fan base among themselves. The only dissention is on the board between those who think it is fair to give Gailey another year to prove his ability or non-ability, and those who want to crucify him and run him off before he had another year.

Since the dissention is only on the boards, it was brought about by MsTA and her kind, who came on the board and started a lynching party and began bashing Gailey.

When we began to state it would not be fair if Gailey did not get another year, the bashers went beserk.

The bashers then began spouting about O'Leary building up the program and Gailey was tearing it down. Every time some one tried to stand up for fair play, the bashers would have none of it.

It was evident the bashers of Gailey were trying to use the board to drum up support for firing Gailey before he had another season. When we tried to use facts about Gailey's season and O'Leary's first few seasons and his last season to indicate Gailey should have another year, the bashers became more beserk.

So, it is a fact and can be proven by all the posts on Stingtalk that MsTA and her kind caused all the dissention on Stingtalk.

Now, please don't be dumb and quote anything about those going down to the GTAA to voice their displeasure. They have absolutely nothing to do with the dissention on Stingtalk.

And read my lips, Gailey has not been on this board and said one thing pro or con to either side of the argument. It is impossible that Gailey has caused any dissention on this board.

As I stated earlier, go look in the mirror and you will find the person who caused the dissention here.

You have been allowed to cause dissention on Stingtalk because it is a more open type of discussion board. You would not be able to cause that type of dissention on The Hive, because they would kick you off the board.

Am I saying you should be kicked off this board? No, we can handle it, but it is a fact you instigated the dissention on this board.

Father Time

Back