Coach O'Leary sighting

Re: Coach O\'Leary sighting

Originally posted by ncjacket:
MsTA what I got from that comment is that he was giving O'Leary credit for leaving the program in good shape. And I think he did, except for the QB mess which neither of them thought would happen. I believe George thought one of them would step up. Gailey at that point had nothing to go on except what people told him. By appeasement I meant giving the press something to write, they wanted upbeat, he gave them upbeat. I don't think it had anything to do with work ethic. To me you're reading way too much into it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">However you take this - with what I do for a living, reading into what people say is part of my successes and ability to do the job well! I don't think I read too much - it's exactly what I believe it to be. You just took liberty to read into his statement further and therefore why would your assessment be right and mine not, because I believe Chan to be wrong for GT - that's why.

Perception is reality and I truly believe most of time it's correct. MY perception of his statement makes me believe what he can't or doesn't want to do.

BOR - help! Is it me? Am I not able to express myself clearly? I feel like I'm arguing with my 13 year old.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC, no worries man. I know that MSTA is older than I am, but I feel like I'm responding to a 5 year old. You have made perfect sense.

MSTA, you grasped part of my point, but failed to grasp the most important part. I suggest going back and again re-reading what I said way back in this thread. Please, seriously re-read it. you missed the point badly and it's explained VERY WELL. If you cannot get it, You are hopeless.

Beebad, we're not disagreeing with you at all on that one. This is not as simple minded as MSTA has made it out to be. she still thnks were arguing that it's not ok to critize Gailey. But do me a favor, Beebad. Go back about 15 posts and find the long ass response i made to MSTA. That is my point. That was what I was trying to tell her. Criticize all you want to . You are right it is healthy. But what MSTA's doing IS NOT healthy. Forgive me if I don't spell it out again. It get's tiring writing Dick and Jane books for people over 40.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
However you take this - with what I do for a living, reading into what people say is part of my successes and ability to do the job well! I don't think I read too much - it's exactly what I believe it to be. You just took liberty to read into his statement further and therefore why would your assessment be right and mine not, because I believe Chan to be wrong for GT - that's why.

Perception is reality and I truly believe most of time it's correct. MY perception of his statement makes me believe what he can't or doesn't want to do.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
wtf.gif

We are all that much more stupid for having read that nonsense.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
BOR, I will have to agree with you on this sentence:MSTA has a serious inability to comprehend what people are saying.

To prove my point watch the answer to this:

MsTA, the people that went to the athletic department to protest about Braine, Gailey, the grades, etc. have nothing to do with the dissention on the board.

They approached the GTAA in unison, with no discord among them. The only discord or dissention was between them and the GTAA.

There is no dissention in the general fan base among themselves. The only dissention is on the board between those who think it is fair to give Gailey another year to prove his ability or non-ability, and those who want to crucify him and run him off before he had another year.

Since the dissention is only on the boards, it was brought about by MsTA and her kind, who came on the board and started a lynching party and began bashing Gailey.

When we began to state it would not be fair if Gailey did not get another year, the bashers went beserk.

The bashers then began spouting about O'Leary building up the program and Gailey was tearing it down. Every time some one tried to stand up for fair play, the bashers would have none of it.

It was evident the bashers of Gailey were trying to use the board to drum up support for firing Gailey before he had another season. When we tried to use facts about Gailey's season and O'Leary's first few seasons and his last season to indicate Gailey should have another year, the bashers became more beserk.

So, it is a fact and can be proven by all the posts on Stingtalk that MsTA and her kind caused all the dissention on Stingtalk.

Now, please don't be dumb and quote anything about those going down to the GTAA to voice their displeasure. They have absolutely nothing to do with the dissention on Stingtalk.

And read my lips, Gailey has not been on this board and said one thing pro or con to either side of the argument. It is impossible that Gailey has caused any dissention on this board.

As I stated earlier, go look in the mirror and you will find the person who caused the dissention here.

You have been allowed to cause dissention on Stingtalk because it is a more open type of discussion board. You would not be able to cause that type of dissention on The Hive, because they would kick you off the board.

Am I saying you should be kicked off this board? No, we can handle it, but it is a fact you instigated the dissention on this board.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso - you give us too much credit. I'm going to show my family your post this evening and we all can have a good laugh together! If you believe that we here on this board caused Chan's ill fate - I have some land in the middle east with no terrorists around for sale and their all the inhabitants are Christians!

This is SO WAY OUT THERE, it's comical!! I wish I had that kind of clout!!! I wouldn't be here writing that's for sure - I'd be making changes from top to bottom at GTAA! But, the real world is we are all here with opinions and your's isn't more worthy then others here.

The hive???? If Stingtalk wants to throw me off - that's fine they run the board and I would not have a problem with that. I didn't leave the Hive because I was thrown out - I left because this was better.

Gailey not on the board but HE SURE CAUSED WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE!!!!
mad.gif
pat.gif

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:
BOR - help! Is it me? Am I not able to express myself clearly? I feel like I'm arguing with my 13 year old.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC, no worries man. I know that MSTA is older than I am, but I feel like I'm responding to a 5 year old. You have made perfect sense.

MSTA, you grasped part of my point, but failed to grasp the most important part. I suggest going back and again re-reading what I said way back in this thread. Please, seriously re-read it. you missed the point badly and it's explained VERY WELL. If you cannot get it, You are hopeless.

Beebad, we're not disagreeing with you at all on that one. This is not as simple minded as MSTA has made it out to be. she still thnks were arguing that it's not ok to critize Gailey. But do me a favor, Beebad. Go back about 15 posts and find the long ass response i made to MSTA. That is my point. That was what I was trying to tell her. Criticize all you want to . You are right it is healthy. But what MSTA's doing IS NOT healthy. Forgive me if I don't spell it out again. It get's tiring writing Dick and Jane books for people over 40.[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">What's not healthy - debating the pros and cons of a coach, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! If you find something more in this - let me know. If you mean healthy for GT's future - talk to Chan about that not me.

BOR - I am older then you and IT DOES SHOW!

Comprehension of posts is in the eye of the beholder - what I comprehend is a stifling on the part of those fans who would prefer discussions that come with a love for Chan and this giving a chance thing and we'll all be singing 'cumbahya soon'! He has another chance coming up - we'll see. BOR you can say it however you choose - that's what I read!

Stifle the naysayers now!

MSTA, I'll make it easier for you. Here are the parts of my post from above YOU NEED TO PAY THE MOST ATTENTION TOO. I've edited it down to make it really simple and highlighted the parts you need to memorize.

Originally posted by ME, above:

That's fine if you don't want to support Coach Gailey. HOWEVER, knowing FULL WELL that Coach Gailey will be given this year and most likely A 3rd year, and maybe even a 4th year to prove within a shadow of a doubt that he is either a.) A good coach for GT or b.) a bad coach for GT, here is the million dollar question: WHY WOULDN'T YOU AT LEAST SHOW SUPPORT FOR HIM knowing he's going to be here awhile?

You can be critical all you want... no one is telling you otherwise... however, what you are doing is being NON-supportive by evidence that you say "He is not the man for GT." That is, excuse my french, just flat out stupid.

We as GT fans SHOULD ALL WANT COACH GAILEY TO SUCCEED!!! You obviously, don't want him to succeed and that is apparent with the above post you made. This is why myself as well as so many other people here jump down your throat, because quite simply, YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT! If you do want him to succed, it is NOT EVIDENT AT ALL in any of your posts.....

skip down

.....If you are critical of Gailey's actions... great. Have at it. He gets paid a lot of money and that's part of coaching college football. But you act like a man cannot correct his mistakes. You don't judge an action or an event in it's individuality. You are judging the man's overall ability to coach and your judgement is non-reconcilable. In other words, your mind is made up, he's bad, that's it. THAT IS NOT BEING CRITICAL, THAT IS BEING DECIDED!!! And guess what? That is NOT supportive of our coach, our program, and our team. After 1 year of coaching this team, you've managed to judge him already and that is just ridiculous.

::::::::When all is said and done here - as I said in my previous post that you said I twisted - if the team does well, he gets the accolades, if they don't he won't! If you feel he's the right guy, that's good for you, if I feel he's not - it's good for me!:::::::

That last sentence really irks me. Good for you if he's not the guy??? Do you realize how destructive your attitude is? Do you realize how NEGATIVE and UNSUPPORTIVE that statement is?? Do you?? i don't think you get it at all. That's not being critical. this is PRIME example of you not being supportive at all. Again, WE SHOULD ALL WANT GAILEY TO SUCCEED. Why do you not want him to succeed??

:::::PS: I happen to respect other fans even if we differ - looks like you don't and that's what is sad. The fan base is the foundation of GT sports. Long after coaches come and go, we're still here and how one person can make one against the other when we are already small fan base here in ATL - hurts the program more the me saying he can't coach!:::::

I hope you now understand what is hurting the program. The reason MOST people here cannot respect you MSTA is because you cannot be fair or supportive and THAT is the reason you see the fan base as divided and negative Because we're sick and tired of listening to you bitch If you cannot get that, please re-read my post. Really. I'm not trying to be nasty to you, I'm just trying to make you understand what IS HEALTHY Criticism, and what is clearly unsupportive, unproductive, and obviously stupid DECIDED commentary.

No one here is saying you cannot have that opinion that our coach stinks, you can. but it needs to be tempered so that it does not take away from your support of the coach. Right now, it clearly does. I hope you understand that. I've tried to do my best in showing you. Again, reread my post, let it all sink in before you respond.

It is to early to say we should not support this coach. Can you imagine if everyone in the stands did not support him? Can you imagine the turmoil we would cause to our program?? If you cannot imagine that. If that point is beside you and you cannot grasp that, then you will continue to think with blinders on. In 2 more years if we have no success, I will be right there with you. Until then, the coach will get nothing less than my full support. It's the right and fair thing to do. Be critical, it's healthy, be supportive though. Anything less is destructive to the program AT THIS STAGE.

BOR - I am older then you and IT DOES SHOW![/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you mean you are going senile, then yes, you are right, it does show.
hitit.gif

I am surprised Ms T is still hammering away this late in the day. Everyone knows that the movers and shakers that call themselves HR professionals lock it down at 5pm sharp! Now thats what I call work ethic! Maybe Mondays are half days, or something called flex time.

Spending countless hours on an internet discussion board during the day while "what not to wear on casual day" issues go unresolved. WOW!

Question: Has personal internet use on company time ever come up at the weekly shrm brunch?
wink.gif

Ms. Anal ysis nothing personal, I just don't think much of the HR function overall. Best thing I have done in the last 2 years was to outsource the department. Besides, its annoying to me when anybody tries to correlate their hum-drum job with having a successful football coach at Tech.

I've had to work today, myself. I will get with you later to comment on some of your latest gems.

However, I agree with something BOR wrote: It appears that you have backed yourself into a corner on your non personal hatred of Chan Gailey. Saying anything else now to the contrary would disappoint your Ga. alum bosses.
I'll bet they have had fun with you. Personally, I just couldn't do it.

I am going to have a good drink
drinking.gif
before I come back for more. This could make more sense then.

BOR: You don't get it! You trying to tell me to support someone who hasn't done anything yet????
If he proceeds to look good this season and the on field product has improved - I'll say it and have no problem doing it - that's what you don't get!

BUT, UNTIL THAT HAPPENS - .................................................
shocked.gif

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
I am surprised Ms T is still hammering away this late in the day. Everyone knows that the movers and shakers that call themselves HR professionals lock it down at 5pm sharp! Now thats what I call work ethic! Maybe Mondays are half days, or something called flex time.

Spending countless hours on an internet discussion board during the day while "what not to wear on casual day" issues go unresolved. WOW!

Question: Has personal internet use on company time ever come up at the weekly shrm brunch?
wink.gif

Ms. Anal ysis nothing personal, I just don't think much of the HR function overall. Best thing I have done in the last 2 years was to outsource the department. Besides, its annoying to me when anybody tries to correlate their hum-drum job with having a successful football coach at Tech.

I've had to work today, myself. I will get with you later to comment on some of your latest gems.

However, I agree with something BOR wrote: It appears that you have backed yourself into a corner on your non personal hatred of Chan Gailey. Saying anything else now to the contrary would disappoint your Ga. alum bosses.

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My time is mine here because may day starts very early - those daggers are coming out LLCool and I really thought more of you. Outsourcing, that's interesting, that's what this company in its infancy did and then they hired me never to look back. And along with it came success.

Talk about personal attacks! This was a good one!

BOR,
I have to agree that Msta's being older than you is showing--she's nearly senile
wink.gif
(truly just a jab here MSTA, no offense intended) **you beat me to it while I was posting
grin.gif

Good grief msta , I sit here and just shake my head at the comments you make.

you said
If you believe that we here on this board caused Chan's ill fate - I have some land in the middle east with no terrorists around for sale and their all the inhabitants are Christians!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">A) Coach Gailey has not suffered "ill fate."
B) Ahso stated that dissension has been caused by you and others on this board.

At times I think you have absolutely no clue--other times I'm sure of it.

Your statements concerning coaches being simple employees of the school in pure crap. When a coach is hired, he becomes a part of the football team and the institute. As it has been explained here many times, GT is a unique place; when these coaches come here and pour themselves into Tech; they are doing more than punching a clock. I firmly believe that is why some of our coaches are allowed to stay longer than their records indicate--they become a part of a tight-knit family. Who wants to fire family? That is not to say we should ever let the programs suffer because of someone's loyalty, but it has happened.

That is not happening now. Coach Gailey is being given a legitimate run at building his program at Tech. I doubt no program in the nation would have fired him after keeping the status-quo with a team that underachieved the previous year.

There are some things about football--teamwork (don't give me your human resources garble here,) loyalty, fraternity, confidence building--that you don't understand. An understanding of these things would not allow you to separate Coach Gailey from the team. Now I have no doubt that you can "rah,rah,rah" all day long, season after season (I know, twenty-nine of them) for "the boys," but you will never know the full joy and satisfaction of living and dying with a team (of which GT head coach Chan Gailey is a part.)

And I quote "comprehension of posts is in the eye of the beholder", what?

You did sort of get one thing right. Debating the pros and cons of any issue is healthy. But restating the same thing over and over again isn't debating. Best I can tell is you like nothing about Chan, even our wins last year weren't good jobs, and your perception of anything is everyone's reality. Did I get that right?

What I'm saying is he did some things poorly and he did some things well. He has a better grasp on what needs doing at Tech, he will be our coach this year no matter what, so I'm willing to see if he's figured this out. And before anyone chimes in with some trite comment that he should have known, answer me this. Why is it we all say we're so special and it takes someone who really understands Tech to be successful, and then when an outsider comes in we rip him because he doesn't understand all that? Talk about stupid.

BTW, the saying that perception is reality is wrong and stupid. Peception is something that can be manipulated and changed. Reality is what it is. If we have a good year perception will be that Chan learned something. The reality would probably be that Bilbo did. So if Bilbo has a good year does that mean Nix is a better coach than BOB? Just food for thought.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

wink.gif

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hum drum job - interesting! Employee relations, compensation analysis, recruiting, benefits, labor law(s), training, job enhancement and promotion, the staples for a person's professinal well being and successes and the ultimate perservation of their outside lives - hum drum??? Please don't tell your employees that!!!

If you have that carefree an attitude about your employees in these areas, I can see why you have the same for GT! They think you don't care about them and your relationships are down the tubes.

I wish my job was ho-hum but unfortunately MINE carries a lot of weight! If you choose to annialate me personally, I have a problem with that! And since you don't know me personally, have a great deal of contempt for this post! That's what I have meant here - if you don't go along with the program - here comes this crap again!

You want to talk Chan - talk Chan but this personal crap is not civil and downright uncalled for!

Okay MsTA you did finally answer one of my questions. If the team looks good on the field you'll be a Chan fan right?

So you're telling me that when you hire a new employee you don't support him/her until they do something good? That's what you said about coaches. So to follow through with my earlier questions I'll assume then that you were anti-Ross until he started to win. You already said you didn't like Curry. So we're closing in here. You like who you like no matter what the product on the field. At least that's my perception of what you've said.

And I quote "comprehension of posts is in the eye of the beholder", what?

You did sort of get one thing right. Debating the pros and cons of any issue is healthy. But restating the same thing over and over again isn't debating. Best I can tell is you like nothing about Chan, even our wins last year weren't good jobs, and your perception of anything is everyone's reality. Did I get that right?

What I'm saying is he did some things poorly and he did some things well. He has a better grasp on what needs doing at Tech, he will be our coach this year no matter what, so I'm willing to see if he's figured this out. And before anyone chimes in with some trite comment that he should have known, answer me this. Why is it we all say we're so special and it takes someone who really understands Tech to be successful, and then when an outsider comes in we rip him because he doesn't understand all that? Talk about stupid.

BTW, the saying that perception is reality is wrong and stupid. Peception is something that can be manipulated and changed. Reality is what it is. If we have a good year perception will be that Chan learned something. The reality would probably be that Bilbo did. So if Bilbo has a good year does that mean Nix is a better coach than BOB? Just food for thought.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NCJ: Did you ever stop to think why I restate? Someone starts a post and the answers come with the response. Find a post that I started recently about Chan and what I think - there are none. I ususally (recently) responding to a post someone started and if it means stating these facts I do.

If Bilbo gets a chance and he succeeds - someone in this camp did their job. If it's Nix, Chan whatever. But for any QB to succeed all the other components on offense need to as well - so that means the whole offensive side of the ball.

If that happens - someone did their job. Now, the question is will this happen - we'll have to see, won't we?

BOR: You don't get it! You trying to tell me to support someone who hasn't done anything yet????
If he proceeds to look good this season and the on field product has improved - I'll say it and have no problem doing it - that's what you don't get!

BUT, UNTIL THAT HAPPENS - .................................................
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
wtf.gif

What the hell are you babbling about now?? That is yet another of the dumbest things you've stated on this board. In your words, even last year when Gailey first started out with a clean slate, you would not support him because obviously he had not done anything yet.

Then after we anhilated Vandy, you obviously didn't support him them either huh?

You're a complete jack ass, and I hope I do meet you one day so I can personally let you know how big of a jack ass you are.

BOR: We won't meet but if the jackass shoe fits you - wear it in good health! You need a horse to ride off on and the donkey suits you best!

Your inflamatory personal remarks are getting old. The more I read them the more distaste I have for you as a person - how sorry are you that you have to answer me with anything but vulgar, downright distasteful crap!

All this nastiness is on you and you deserve it!

BOR: We won't meet but if the jackass shoe fits you - wear it in good health! You need a horse to ride off on and the donkey suits you best!

Your inflamatory personal remarks are getting old. The more I read them the more distaste I have for you as a person - how sorry are you that you have to answer me with anything but vulgar, downright distasteful crap!

All this nastiness is on you and you deserve it!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Maybe you could make sense then and I wouldn't call you a jack ass. We're all waiting.....

You latch onto your opinion like a child refusing to let go of their security blanket. And if the shoe fits... you'd be cinderella. Or on this case, the princess of the jackasses.

Originally posted by JJacket:
The GOL bandwagon should have left when the coach y'all speak so highly of ABANDONED GEORGIA TECH..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And do you feel the same about Bobby Cremins or Bill Curry? You GOL haters disgust me. That man gave blood and sweated his behind off and did more than for GT than Bill Curry ever did. We would be lucky one day entice GOL back as A.D.

Back