College Game Is Dying/How do we save it [RIP NCAA Catchall Thread]

They're gonna have to settle that suit for sure, because if they take it to court they'll lose. That's when the SEC and BIG 10 will take over and I'll finally weep for the death of my favorite sport.
it's shocking yet not shocking. smh.

Southern teams have enjoyed two decades of dominance thanks to paying some players under the table and not having to pay all players which came at a relatively low cost. The legalization of paying the players have driven the costs up because now Northern teams with higher purchasing power can come outbid them for those top players. So now Southern teams are saying how am I gonna run my business paying all these players. It’s basically civil war.
Terrell Pryor sez hi

Agree with everything you said, except it's not a Southern phenomenon.

Another nail in the coffin?

A federal judge on Friday barred the NCAA from enforcing its rules prohibiting name, image and likeness compensation from being used to recruit athletes, granting a request for a preliminary injunction from the states of Tennessee and Virginia in dealing another blow to the association’s ability to govern college sports.​
The ruling by U.S. District Judge Clifton Corker in the Eastern District of Tennessee undercuts what has been a fundamental principle of the NCAA’s model of amateurism for decades: Third parties cannot pay recruits to attend a particular school.​
“The NCAA’s prohibition likely violates federal antitrust law and ha(r)ms student-athletes,” Corker wrote in granting the injunction.​
So the NCAA stopped their investigation into the Gators over NIL recruiting. And now Jaden Rashada is suing UF's coach over "misrepresentation" (not breach of contract) related to NIL.

We are headed toward either directly paid players or a CBA.

I just want to know how the “pay players” model is gonna work under title IX.

Pretty damn good for the trannies. Free tuition, cash in pocket, and ncaa record for a dude who finishes last in heat two of the 100m.

It will incentivize the destruction of women’s sports.

1716566611864.png

College game is dead - there wil be about 4-8 teams each year that can win it - even teams like Bama will have a tough time competing with UT and the like - at least the NFL has a salary cap

College game is dead - there wil be about 4-8 teams each year that can win it - even teams like Bama will have a tough time competing with UT and the like - at least the NFL has a salary cap
There will be a “salary cap” when the dust settles. Some of you need to relax a little. The Wild Wild West of NIL etc where the businesses and boosters are left holding the bag when a player like Ewers leaves tOSU after 1 year will no longer happen. Players will sign deals with requirements in order to reach full payment.

Coaches down at the Peach Bowl Classic golf event told Rick Neuheisel they are ready for this whole thing to be regulated with rules and structure in place. And who was Rick’s teammate again? Brent Key. You don’t think CBK has insight into what the future with all this is? The settlement had to be finished and agreed upon first, before the next steps can start to stabilize CFB and CBB.

They also hardly get nothing. Getting a college degree that many don’t even deserve to be attempting in the first place is about a $250k payment these days.
And when coaches “process” players what about those educations again?

$250k education still doesn’t compare to a $5 to now $13+ million per year salary HC’s are getting.

And when coaches “process” players what about those educations
I didn’t say I was in favor of that sort of thing but as far as I know football scholarships are guaranteed so being processed is a mutual decision.

I didn’t say I was in favor of that sort of thing but as far as I know football scholarships are guaranteed so being processed is a mutual decision.
100% false. Players have been “encouraged” wink wink by programs to make room for another transfer or HS player for quite some time. It’s just more visible now with the Portal.

Please don’t believe the 2,000 players currently in the Portal is a “mutual” decision, because it’s simply not true.

100% false. Players have been “encouraged” wink wink by programs to make room for another transfer or HS player for quite some time. It’s just more visible now with the Portal.

Please don’t believe the 2,000 players currently in the Portal is a “mutual” decision, because it’s simply not true.
OK. What percentage of players in the portal were forced to transfer in your mind?

Welcome to the year 2000. The college game has been dead a long time. Just because many put their head in the sand while colleges built dynasties thru Benjamin’s in Burger King bags doesn’t mean that now the sport is dead. Guys like me have been screaming forever about the rampant cheating and no one wanted to listen. Now, that it’s legal suddenly the sport is ending?

There have been only 4-8 teams with a chance for decades. I love the new system because now guys like Kirby have to spread the wealth because it’s all known and the players are a bunch of whiny jealous athletes. You give 4 star A 200K, you better give it to 4 star B, C, and D or they’ll transfer. GT has more 4 stars than ever because of the portal. I think it’s awesome and if some of you want to leave because as Capt. Renault once famously said that he was “shocked that gambling is going on in here” then so be it.

Back