Come down off the ledge.

Everyone improves at their job with experience. He wouldn't be my first choice, but he would be the most likely pick given the circumstances. If he hires good coordinators, he could be our Dabo, but with more dignity.

Also, Mover hasn't been in this good of a mood when posting in years. Either he got laid, or something is up.

"Everyone improves at their job with experience ..."

Have you ever heard of a guy named Obama?

Sorry, really I am, but that was right over the plate, not to fast and my eyes are not what they once were.
Had to swing - I HAD TO!

Seriously, I appreciate what Nawaab posted but it is ALWAYS a crap shoot. Always.

Mover should step up and offer to take over Sewak's job under CPJ. Keepin' the enemy closer, as it were.

I respect the coaching profession, just don't respect Sewak. All he wants is a paycheck and that's what Paul is allowing him to get, hence the problem.

"Everyone improves at their job with experience ..."

Have you ever heard of a guy named Obama?

Sorry, really I am, but that was right over the plate, not to fast and my eyes are not what they once were.
Had to swing - I HAD TO!

Seriously, I appreciate what Nawaab posted but it is ALWAYS a crap shoot. Always.

Most, not all. I'd take my chances with Meyer or Spurrier.

Paul has lost the locker room, I know that for fact too. Buyout options are under way as we speak whether he wants to be a lame duck coach is up to him.

Mover, or anyone.

Does CPJ have a buyout (so to speak) if he wants to leave? IOW, does he have to pay us something? Or do we just have to pay him if we fire him?

Not sure I could go to my boss and tell him I want to leave and ask for a payment to leave. (Let me dream a minute here - ahhhhhh).

And Mover, a general question regarding OL techniques. I have maintained (especially with the way the rules are now) that it would not be that big a deal to get our OL to become proficient pass blocking if the need arose. A transition for sure, but a good coach could make it happen.

True / False / or beyond Absurdity?

THX

I respect the coaching profession, just don't respect Sewak. All he wants is a paycheck and that's what Paul is allowing him to get, hence the problem.

Are you trying to imply that flopping on the ground like a fish before a defender is not sound teaching? Shame on you, Mover.

Can we buyout Sewak with a lifetime supply of nipple rings and buckets of fried chicken?

What exactly has Bobinsky done so far, positive or negative? I'm honestly curious.

Hasn't he, in a truthful manner, told us the state of the AA? I thought he had changed some attitudes in the AA as regards employee attitudes.

I thought he undertook a pretty intense survey to gauge what fans thought.

IDK for sure.

But not sure what he was suppose to have done so far.

i do like the fact that he is stopping the more than one lil sister game per year.

Could we get Whisenhunt, Godsey, Calvin, Tashard, Wheeler, Bey-Bey, Curry and other former Tech NFLers to give their views on this thread?

Mover, or anyone.

Does CPJ have a buyout (so to speak) if he wants to leave? IOW, does he have to pay us something? Or do we just have to pay him if we fire him?

Not sure I could go to my boss and tell him I want to leave and ask for a payment to leave. (Let me dream a minute here - ahhhhhh).

And Mover, a general question regarding OL techniques. I have maintained (especially with the way the rules are now) that it would not be that big a deal to get our OL to become proficient pass blocking if the need arose. A transition for sure, but a good coach could make it happen.

True / False / or beyond Absurdity?

THX

Two reasons why pass blocking sucks.

1) we have smaller linemen, although its not the biggest problem.
2) PJ does not believe in pass setting. He wants to fire out. A lineman needs to give cushion in order to counter moves by the defender in front of him. It's almost impossible to pass block consistently on the FBS level without giving ground by pass setting.

Two reasons why pass blocking sucks.

1) we have smaller linemen, although its not the biggest problem.
2) PJ does not believe in pass setting. He wants to fire out. A lineman needs to give cushion in order to counter moves by the defender in front of him. It's almost impossible to pass block consistently on the FBS level without giving ground by pass setting.

Yes, but I was referring to a situation of a new administration. Thx.

I don't think it would come now from us letting him go, only him leaving.

Also, I think Glenn Spencer should be here regardless of the HC. Gamer - Baller - Survivor - Leader - Teacher. Despite last night, I love the way his Cowboys have consistently played the game for years. They love them some raw meat.

But guys - we ALL are going to back away from the Ledge. We ALL are going to step up and make something good happen, regardless of the HC.

WE ARE!!!!!!

What a discussion. If he really wants to go, it should happen. Otherwise we will waste a year next year. Two questions.

Why does CPJ want to leave Tech?

Who should we get and how should the program be built / rebuilt?

I find it amazing that anyone in the AA or Hill would share the academic credentials of potential incoming students (athletes or not) with former students, former NFLers or not. If true, the Institute has much bigger issues to solve than who coaches the football team.

so BOR's 'ledge' thread ends with everyone jumping off the ledge after mover

Back