Dwags want access to Buster through playoffs...

Poll posted in the other thread per coot’s request.

I doubt that he knows any more than anyone else, but my ticket rep called me today, and while talking, I asked him what the word on campus was about this deal, and he said it would probably not happen. How much of what he said was personal opinion and how much might have been based on some kind of inside of information, I don't know, but it was interesting to get his take on it nonetheless.

I doubt that he knows any more than anyone else, but my ticket rep called me today, and while talking, I asked him what the word on campus was about this deal, and he said it would probably not happen. How much of what he said was personal opinion and how much might have been based on some kind of inside of information, I don't know, but it was interesting to get his take on it nonetheless.
Did that make you feel better about things, and therefore give more $$$$?

Did that make you feel better about things, and therefore give more $$$$?
No. I had already decided to give a little more after his call a month or so ago. He called today to remind me, per my request, since I always make my contributions in late December, so I can put them on my AmEx card and not have to pay until February. LOL

No. I had already decided to give a little more after his call a month or so ago. He called today to remind me, per my request, since I always make my contributions in late December, so I can put them on my AmEx card and not have to pay until February. LOL

Solid strategy, not quite as good as putting on Mr. Underhill's credit card but it gets the job done nevertheless.

if majority of us feels like this should be a no go I’m pretty sure CBK feels the same way. He’ll do the right thing.
[/QUOTE

This has nothing to do with you or the majority of us. I normally like your posts but you’ve whined up this thread in a frenzy because of some lame ass AJC article. Say what you want about Key, but he will not be a little bitch to the dawgs like so many of the whiners on this thread. He beat them 3X and wants nothing more than to stick it up their ass every year. He had the balls to call them out in his press conference and you’re concerned he’s going to show leniency to Kirby after he steals his wonder boy?

Why are we in this situation? Why did we hire a mutt? Anyway Faulkner should not be OC here if he doesn't end all UGA responsibilities immediately and renounce them. If we let Faulkner help UGA after he's named OC here I want everyone on this football staff gone.

I like the “I normally like your posts” responses like I have some fanbase that I upset with my latest antics. What happened to you man??? I used to enjoy your posts! I don’t think I’ve ever posted less than passionate about something relating to my hatred for uga. It’s no different in this thread. You can call that whining if you want, to me it’s called being a fan.

I like the “I normally like your posts” responses like I have some fanbase that I upset with my latest antics. What happened to you man??? I used to enjoy your posts! I don’t think I’ve ever posted less than passionate about something relating to my hatred for uga. It’s no different in this thread. You can call that whining if you want, to me it’s called being a fan.
How about whiny fan? Ha!

I think there's precedent both ways. We don't like it because it's UGA and they're staring at 2 natty IAR and he's been pretty important in that. I think, though, it's kind of the same thing as those who would consider McWhorter as HC after GOL left, or those not liking accepting Bohannon, etc.

If you take the UGA angle out, I just want him to help the Jackets finish strong, and he's a very critical piece to that effort. I'm not forever grinding axes until he goes elsewhere, though, if he does do this.

If you take the UGA angle out, I just want him to help the Jackets finish strong, and he's a very critical piece to that effort. I'm not forever grinding axes until he goes elsewhere, though, if he does do this.

Isn't it tough to take the UGA angle out when the most noteworthy moment of CBK's opening presser was a fiery speech talking about how the team will work to dominate U[sic]GA 365 days a year? Where he literally said he wanted to make sure "everyone associated with Georgia Tech understands" that we need to dominate Georgia and that "when we wake up in the morning, our goal is to dominate [Georgia]" and we will work towards that "Every. Single. Day."

I normally think the word "cuck" is overused but it does kind of feel like CBK would look like a cuck if his new OC goes out and wins Georgia a national championship while working for Georgia Tech. There's no way to watch that speech and come away thinking it was just platitudes or Key isn't really serious about beating Georgia.

Isn't it tough to take the UGA angle out when the most noteworthy moment of CBK's opening presser was a fiery speech talking about how the team will work to dominate U[sic]GA 365 days a year? Where he literally said he wanted to make sure "everyone associated with Georgia Tech understands" that we need to dominate Georgia and that "when we wake up in the morning, our goal is to dominate [Georgia]" and we will work towards that "Every. Single. Day."

I normally think the word "cuck" is overused but it does kind of feel like CBK would look like a cuck if his new OC goes out and wins Georgia a national championship while working for Georgia Tech. There's no way to watch that speech and come away thinking it was just platitudes or Key isn't really serious about beating Georgia.
It makes it more difficult. He pretty well drove a stake in the ground over UGA. Whereas many GT faithful are willing to eliminate the game altogether, me being one of them, he chose to emphasize winning the game. I get his passion for that given his personal history with the game, but I don't think that was necessarily a wise move on his part.

It was just platitudes like Cabrera's speech. It amazes me how many of you take these platitudes hook, line and sinker just because it is what you want to hear. I will wait until these guys deliver before I get all giddy for them.

What will be doubly tough is if our new OC helps U[sic]GA to win a second straight national title, then our best offensive player decides to go play for them instead of returning to play under that new OC.

Channel 2 on air reporter said "Go Dawgs!" after the coverage just prior to our game. Don't underestimate how much work we have to do to win some fanbase in this city and state.
You say go dawgs when your wife's boyfriend tucks you into bed and reads you a bedtime story about Herschel.

Atlanta media ööööting on Tech is not new or news.
Im not sure that it is a majority. Somebody do a poll.

I want to be mad about it but I just can’t bring myself to be all that upset.

if he was our coach and leaving for a HC opportunity after leading us into the playoffs I would want him to stay thru the end. I think Kiffin did the same before leaving Bama for his FIU gig or wherever he went.
But he's not so that scenario is irrelevant. Why the öööö do so many of you want to help the dwags feel good? You gonna jerk off Kirby and Stetson after the game to make it an extra special night for them too?

It was just platitudes like Cabrera's speech. It amazes me how many of you take these platitudes hook, line and sinker just because it is what you want to hear. I will wait until these guys deliver before I get all giddy for them.
What Cabrera and Key said is going to be described as platitudes by cynical people. Conversely, the exact same speech is going to be praised as righteous by a more optimistic or naive fan. So basically, Cabrera and Key both said what needed to be said. How their speech is perceived depends on the mindset of the person listening to the speech.

This has got to be the biggest "jump to conclusions" thread I've ever seen on here. Buster has said nowhere at any time that he is going to or even willing to help UGAg if they call. There are some on here ready to send him packing already, questioning why we even hired a dwag, etc. Here are a few facts:

-Buster has only been at UGAg 3 years as an analyst during his 18 year coaching career, holding much larger roles at other stops (OC at 2 G5 schools). I don't think he has any "allegiance" to them.

-Kirby even said that he isn't there helping or doing anything with them because all they are doing now is bowl practice and Buster is on the road recruiting for GT.

-Buster's role was a go-between for Bennett and Monken on game days to relay info. I highly doubt we let our current OC be on the UGAg sidelines going forward, as they likely would be skeptical of him being there also.

-Brent Key knows what the backlash from fans would be if he allowed that and I feel confident he doesn't want that.

I’m pretty sure Key will tell him he won’t have to make that hour long commute from Oconee anymore if he goes back to Athens.

I doubt Key says that. As another poster says the recruiting dead period is about to start, so OCBF nor any coach can be recruiting. Players are at home for holidays, etc......

What Cabrera and Key said is going to be described as platitudes by cynical people. Conversely, the exact same speech is going to be praised as righteous by a more optimistic or naive fan. So basically, Cabrera and Key both said what needed to be said. How their speech is perceived depends on the mindset of the person listening to the speech.

I understand thinking that Cabrera's speech was platitudes. It's easy to say that you are going to commit the resources necessary to make GT a major player -- it's much harder to actually stick your neck out trying to get those resources from The Hill, especially when the main part of your job rests with academics rather than athletics.

But Key said that our goal will be to beat Georgia, and that we will work every day to do that. What is the cynic's view here? That Key doesn't actually want to beat U[sic]GA? That he won't push the players to do so? That when he said that the feeling of beating Georgia is like no other, he was lying and he actually doesn't care for it?

Maybe he won't be able to deliver on that goal. He never guaranteed it, and it's a certainly a long road to get there. But I fully believe that really is his goal, and don't understand the view that he wasn't being sincere when he said that is the goal. And letting our offensive coordinator help Georgia win another national championship is incompatible with that goal.

Just out of curiosity, how many other coordinators, assistants, analysts or consultants have we ever had that played or worked for ugag?

I started reading this thread this morning. When I got to page 6 I skipped to the end, because it was 6 pages of the same öööö over and over.

Please let me know if I missed something and need to go back and see it.

Back