Expansion Rumors…

Well reasoned! Kudos, sir!
As well reasoned as 'we were going to win in 2008 and probably 2009 with Chan'. CPJ was a better game day coach than Chan, period. Chan could not win with both Megatron and Choice, couldn't even get in the end zone against Wake Forest. I liked Chan and still think he is a good coach; but CPJ is a hall of famer.

As well reasoned as 'we were going to win in 2008 and probably 2009 with Chan'. CPJ was a better game day coach than Chan, period. Chan could not win with both Megatron and Choice, couldn't even get in the end zone against Wake Forest. I liked Chan and still think he is a good coach; but CPJ is a hall of famer.
Fair enough, I agree with your premise

Meh. Without a 17 year old fumbling a kickoff, we lose 2008.

No, the system couldn't recruit. OL don't wanna chop block all day and it's not good practice for the NFL. WR won't come because we don't pass, etc
It was the system, man, it was stacked against us

The recruiting got maybe a little better after CPJ left; but it ain't like we are filling the NFL with OL now. The last time we had good OL was under O'leary. Reggie Ball took too many 15 yard sacks because too many people were coming through the OL at him. CCG didn't leave much of an OL when he left, Bedford was a walk on undersized center, Brown was a converted TE, etc..

We actually did place several WR's in the NFL under CPJ for what it is worth.

The recruiting got maybe a little better after CPJ left; but it ain't like we are filling the NFL with OL now. The last time we had good OL was under O'leary. Reggie Ball took too many 15 yard sacks because too many people were coming through the OL at him. CCG didn't leave much of an OL when he left, Bedford was a walk on undersized center, Brown was a converted TE, etc..

We actually did place several WR's in the NFL under CPJ for what it is worth.
I agree with everything you said.

My original post you quoted was sarcasm. I thought CPJs system actually gave us a competitive advantage that aligned with the more likely recruits we could attract. But rules changes that in part neutralized his tactics along with CPJs waning desire to prove to the rest of D1 that he could punch them in the face led to him leaving

CCG was able to turn his NFL connections into a recruiting advantage, but that was not really sustainable

CGO'L was ultra-frustrated with the somewhat duplicitous admission requirements

B*** L**** sucked and was way out of his league and perhaps should be condemned to an eternity of Calc II lectures

CBR used his man-mgt skills to raise our brave warriors to a higher level, but then kinda burned out

Same with JT5 in 2014.
But they helped us that year the Gaggers fumbled heading into our end zone at rhe end of the game at BDS.. can't remember the year or Ugag RB, maybe Jasper Sanks? (Taps into Google to calculate accurateness of guess)

Damn, I was right! What a beautiful thing to (re)watch

But they helped us that year the Gaggers fumbled heading into our end zone at rhe end of the game at BDS.. can't remember the year or Ugag RB, maybe Jasper Sanks? (Taps into Google to calculate accurateness of guess)

That was just makeup from when they took the game winning interception away from us in the last minute in 1997.

That was just makeup from when they took the game winning interception away from us in the last minute in 1997.
Now me sad again. Need another RedBull. Anyone wanna take shots with RedBull chasers? It's like 2pm in Österreich

And would have been overturned in the days of instant replay.

I wish we would, for just damn once, deliver a Goose or Dewberry style ass whipping of them.

Least we forget we were up 20-0 near halftime at home against them when they were gifted a PI against us that was totally a offensive PI against them. Helped them get that score before half. They scored after half. Then we had a ballgame and we lost

And would have been overturned in the days of instant replay.

I wish we would, for just damn once, deliver a Goose or Dewberry style ass whipping of them.

Least we forget we were up 20-0 near halftime at home against them when they were gifted a PI against us that was totally a offensive PI against them. Helped them get that score before half. They scored after half. Then we had a ballgame and we lost

Not sure it would be overturned on replay. It wasn’t any clearer than the Miami fumble last year.

I was there and it was glorious...and hilarious.
Same here. That's the only time I ever went down to the field. I have a handful of grass from the endzone from that day. Can't effing believe its been that long since we beat 'em in our house. That needs to end in 2025 assuming we ever play them again after this year.

Rumor #1: Sounding more and more likely the B1G will go for Clemson, FSU along with 2-4 other ACC schools, while the sec goes for UNC and UVA or VT. IF* they even feel the need to expand. Supposedly they are good with the number they have.

Rumor #2: South Carolina and UF are going to get their way and no invites will go to Clemson, FSU. All speculation of course, but those are the reports from so called “sources” who were in Destin last week. So this all but slams the 0.001% chance door shut of GT heading back to the sec.

Real question is, what will the ACC / B12 do to survive staying around as 4 conferences? Supposedly the B12 has also said they are not looking to expand right now. At this point, FSU, Clemson are gone, so who will the ACC get to replace them?

Another fun year of who will end up where by June of 2025.

Rumor #1: Sounding more and more likely the B1G will go for Clemson, FSU along with 2-4 other ACC schools, while the sec goes for UNC and UVA or VT. IF* they even feel the need to expand. Supposedly they are good with the number they have.

Rumor #2: South Carolina and UF are going to get their way and no invites will go to Clemson, FSU. All speculation of course, but those are the reports from so called “sources” who were in Destin last week. So this all but slams the 0.001% chance door shut of GT heading back to the sec.

Real question is, what will the ACC / B12 do to survive staying around as 4 conferences? Supposedly the B12 has also said they are not looking to expand right now. At this point, FSU, Clemson are gone, so who will the ACC get to replace them?

Another fun year of who will end up where by June of 2025.
The door was never open for GT to the SEC. I don't even say "back to" anymore - its been over half a century.

Regarding the SEC not offering Clemson/F$U, I'm not sure that's good for GT. I assume Clemson & F$U would easily accept an SEC invite over a B1G invite so if the SEC doesn't want them then that's two more teams competing with us for a B1G invite.

Back