Expansion Rumors…

Rumor #1: Sounding more and more likely the B1G will go for Clemson, FSU along with 2-4 other ACC schools, while the sec goes for UNC and UVA or VT. IF* they even feel the need to expand. Supposedly they are good with the number they have.

Rumor #2: South Carolina and UF are going to get their way and no invites will go to Clemson, FSU. All speculation of course, but those are the reports from so called “sources” who were in Destin last week. So this all but slams the 0.001% chance door shut of GT heading back to the sec.

Real question is, what will the ACC / B12 do to survive staying around as 4 conferences? Supposedly the B12 has also said they are not looking to expand right now. At this point, FSU, Clemson are gone, so who will the ACC get to replace them?

Another fun year of who will end up where by June of 2025.
Is AAU membership a thing anymore for the B1G? FWIW, neither Clemson nor FSU are. I know Nebraska lost theirs, but they were AAU at the time they were invited/admitted IIRC. All the upcoming PAC "transfers" are AAU. So is Miami.

Is AAU membership a thing anymore for the B1G? FWIW, neither Clemson nor FSU are. I know Nebraska lost theirs, but they were AAU at the time they were invited/admitted IIRC. All the upcoming PAC "transfers" are AAU. So is Miami.
I saw some conversation saying Nebraska should be booted for losing their AAU accreditation and they need to regain that accreditation or risk not having a home/BIG12

What is the attraction of VT? They had a brief period when they were relevant in football and they have never been relevant in basketball. They are located in the middle of nowhere.

What is the attraction of VT? They had a brief period when they were relevant in football and they have never been relevant in basketball. They are located in the middle of nowhere.
Cool beaches?

Large redneck population fits in well with SEC culture

The state of NC supposedly makes 1 Billion a year from the ACC being located there, Ii doesn’t seem like UNC is going to be able to get away easily, the state of NC may try and bind them and NCsT, Duke, and WK to stay where they are. Also UVA/VT UNC/UVA and UNC/NCsT are all kinda tied together, I don’t think either Sec or Big is going to want all four.

The state of NC supposedly makes 1 Billion a year from the ACC being located there, Ii doesn’t seem like UNC is going to be able to get away easily, the state of NC may try and bind them and NCsT, Duke, and WK to stay where they are. Also UVA/VT UNC/UVA and UNC/NCsT are all kinda tied together, I don’t think either Sec or Big is going to want all four.
I can kinda see UNC. UNC should send Michael Jordan a $10 million check each year, he is the sole reason they are popular. Hell, they even put the outline of him dunking on their football jerseys.

The rest are crap. Pure crap.

It’s about another market outside of the ones the sec already has. And UVA has been such an abysmal train wreck in football, which is the better option? VT.

It’s about another market outside of the ones the sec already has. And UVA has been such an abysmal train wreck in football, which is the better option? VT.
It is a crappy market with either. Hell, Tennessee is close enough.

By your logic then, who are the 2 from the ACC the sec should go for then?
You are asking JJ for logic.......good luck with that ;-)

The SEC would gain the most $$ for the SEC network by going with teams outside their footprint. UNC and Virginia make the most sense. Only need one team from each state to gain those eyes watching your cash cow. After those two, candidates include Syracuse, Pitt, BC, etc.

I can kinda see UNC. UNC should send Michael Jordan a $10 million check each year, he is the sole reason they are popular. Hell, they even put the outline of him dunking on their football jerseys.

The rest are crap. Pure crap.
Lawrence Taylor and Mack Brown

If that is the driver, we and Miami should be at the top of the Big 10's list. We offer a new market with easy access, AAU membership, large population, large Big 10 alumni bases in the area and fertile recruiting areas.

I've never understood the f$u and Clemson to the $ec...

If the cesspool opposed gt returning, why would the flagship universities in Florida and SC not take the same position of virulent opposition the cesspool did ??

Why give your most hated rivals a "lifeline"?

If that is the driver, we and Miami should be at the top of the Big 10's list. We offer a new market with easy access, AAU membership, large population, large Big 10 alumni bases in the area and fertile recruiting areas.
This isn’t about AAU anymore. Take academics out of the equation at this point.

It’s about brands and TV eyeballs, etc. The #1, #2 options for the B1G (if the sec is truly not interested) would be FSU, Clemson. From there it’s anyone from UNC, NCSU, GT, Miami, UVA, etc.

Back