Expansion Rumors…

Why does the SEC need anyone from the ACC?
Very fair point. They don’t per so called “sources” they are good at 16. But will they stay at 16 if the B1G expands more? That’s where the truth will come out.

Very fair point. They don’t per so called “sources” they are good at 16. But will they stay at 16 if the B1G expands more? That’s where the truth will come out.
For what it’s worth, probably not much, Stanky verbatim said a week or two ago that the SEC prefers to stay at 16. But they also probably prefer to outdo the B10.

I've never understood the f$u and Clemson to the $ec...

If the cesspool opposed gt returning, why would the flagship universities in Florida and SC not take the same position of virulent opposition the cesspool did ??

Why give your most hated rivals a "lifeline
I've never understood the f$u and Clemson to the $ec...

If the cesspool opposed gt returning, why would the flagship universities in Florida and SC not take the same position of virulent opposition the cesspool did ??

Why give your most hated rivals a "lifeline"?
their votes wouldn’t be enought to do anything about it. Do you think A&M wanted TX in the SEC?

For what it’s worth, probably not much, Stanky verbatim said a week or two ago that the SEC prefers to stay at 16. But they also probably prefer to outdo the B10.
Does adding more teams to a conf = getting more teams into the playoffs?

That’s exactly what was reiterated last week. It also impacts how much $$$ each school receives, which is why the w3c is content at 16……For now.

Does adding more teams to a conf = getting more teams into the playoffs?
Yes / no. Obviously the more teams in a league, the more opportunities to fill the soon to be 14 team CFP (post the 12 team this year).

But the key to all this is, the current 16 in the sec are getting a full revenue share. Only USC, UCLA are from the new B1G schools. Oregon, Washington are only getting a percentage by year until 100%.

My thought is, if / when the sec expands again, this will be a sticking point. The other 16 do not want to see $$$ taken away from them just to add UNC, VT, etc.

So is the sec truly content at staying at 16, or will they get nervous if the B1G does truly go for Clemson, FSU? I have a feeling the sec will cave and invite Clemson, FSU in the end. Even at an Oregon, Washington type deal, it’s still more $$$ vs the ACC.

The state of VA was not going to allow UVA to vote Miami into the ACC unless the ACC took VT too. It will be interesting to see if the states of VA and NC will allow VT and NC St to be left out.

Eventually the SEC will look at offloading its smaller contributors or asking them to take a smaller share while implementing spending requirements that make it not work.

Same thing for the B10. Why would the B10 or SEC offer FSU, Clemson or anyone else a full share when they are only negotiating against the ACC?

The state of VA was not going to allow UVA to vote Miami into the ACC unless the ACC took VT too. It will be interesting to see if the states of VA and NC will allow VT and NC St to be left out.

Eventually the SEC will look at offloading its smaller contributors or asking them to take a smaller share while implementing spending requirements that make it not work.

Same thing for the B10. Why would the B10 or SEC offer FSU, Clemson or anyone else a full share when they are only negotiating against the ACC?
I agree, it kinda feels like UNC, NCsT, UVA, VT are all bound together

They won’t, any new schools added will almost certainly take partial share until the next contract is negotiated

As confirmed by virtually all of your mothers, expansion rumors have been greatly exaggerated

Top half of ACC viewership is pathetic

Maybe, but why would you pick the lower half of pathetic? UVa only fills the Vanderbilt role. VT fills the USCe roll. Both are automatic wins for good teams. One is occasionally viewable.

UNC, UVA, Duke, WF are not football schools. When have any of those schools done anything of note in football? NCSt is a wannabe football school; how many times have they won 10 games? ACC is full of basketball schools. In football, first tier is FSU, Clemson. 2nd is Miami. If Tech would ever get serious about football they'd easily be on tier with Miami. Tech will never spend as much as FSU, Clemson. Tech should be a good choice for Big 10 with a Big 12 fall back plan. Id rather see that than a watered down ACC with App St and Tulane replacing FSU and Clemson.

Maybe, but why would you pick the lower half of pathetic? UVa only fills the Vanderbilt role. VT fills the USCe roll. Both are automatic wins for good teams. One is occasionally viewable.
Why would I pick any ACC school?

UNC, UVA, Duke, WF are not football schools. When have any of those schools done anything of note in football? NCSt is a wannabe football school; how many times have they won 10 games? ACC is full of basketball schools. In football, first tier is FSU, Clemson. 2nd is Miami. If Tech would ever get serious about football they'd easily be on tier with Miami. Tech will never spend as much as FSU, Clemson. Tech should be a good choice for Big 10 with a Big 12 fall back plan. Id rather see that than a watered down ACC with App St and Tulane replacing FSU and Clemson.
I don't get the whole BIG12 love. The BIG12 sucks worse than the ACC

I don't get the whole BIG12 love. The BIG12 sucks worse than the ACC
One conference is losing its top 2 schools, the other has replaced the loss of 2 schools with 4 viable brands.

Pretty easy to figure out why the B12 has a chance to remain the #3 conference when the ACC folds. ACC had a chance to secure itself long-term when OU, Texas went to the sec, but failed to expand geographically when they had the chance.

One conference is losing its top 2 schools, the other has replaced the loss of 2 schools with 4 viable brands.

Pretty easy to figure out why the B12 has a chance to remain the #3 conference when the ACC folds. ACC had a chance to secure itself long-term when OU, Texas went to the sec, but failed to expand geographically when they had the chance.
4 viable brands no better than the rest of the ACC? I do see the point. FSU and Clemson, should they end up in the BIG12, can end up making the same, or less, money. Genius plan.

The SEC doesn't need either team.

The Big10 would need to exempt their AAU academic requirement. Do they really want to just say "it isn't about academics any more. Welcome to the BIG10, slow kids"

their votes wouldn’t be enought to do anything about it. Do you think A&M wanted TX in the SEC?
Good point, I thought of the certain derangement a&m must have over t he Texas invite...and they were probably laughed back into their corner...

My parsing of the concept would be that Texas is the state flagship school and is a unicorn that the overall conference wouldn't say 'no' to, despite what a member says.

Clems son and f$U don't have the overall cache of UT, imo, such that the overall members would overrule the desire of florida and usceast to keep them out... (like the cesspool apparently does for gt)

Back