Film review: why we got stomped

OK. Now add one year to all of those. Because that’s who/what they actually are and there will be massive transfers as they get older and don’t get PT.
Add one year to Pickett. This is his 5th year at Pitt. When you add one year to our Fr and So, you also need to add one year to the teams we are playing. Their big TE #7 is a 23 year old graduate student from Florida who I wished had come to GT.

Add one year to Pickett. This is his 5th year at Pitt. When you add one year to our Fr and So, you also need to add one year to the teams we are playing. Their big TE #7 is a 23 year old graduate student from Florida who I wished had come to GT.
Your argument isn’t that we are playing older players and also not everyone (the more talented teams especially) is fielding teams of 5th year seniors. Your statement is and has always been “We are so young! We have so many freshmen and sophomores!” When in reality they are RS-So, True So, and Juniors. People who are expected to make impacts when they are good players and have been coached up.

Your argument isn’t that we are playing older players and also not everyone (the more talented teams especially) is fielding teams of 5th year seniors. Your statement is and has always been “We are so young! We have so many freshmen and sophomores!” When in reality they are RS-So, True So, and Juniors. People who are expected to make impacts when they are good players and have been coached up.
Did you actually look at my list and notice some of those players are actually TRUE freshmen? How many years has Biggers been in the program now? (Hint: he's 17)

Last edited:
Who on the current team has improved significantly since arriving at Tech? The only position groups I can think of are running backs, defensive linemen and linebackers. Maybe the wide receivers.
The offensive line transfers seemed to have regressed since arriving and only one of the recruits has played a significant role. I have a hard time believing we would be significantly worse off playing the recruits that are second year freshman and will be here next season.

Who on the current team has improved significantly since arriving at Tech? The only position groups I can think of are running backs, defensive linemen and linebackers. Maybe the wide receivers.
The offensive line transfers seemed to have regressed since arriving and only one of the recruits has played a significant role. I have a hard time believing we would be significantly worse off playing the recruits that are second year freshman and will be here next season.
Yates and Sims have made huge improvements in their Play since they came to GT

It seems to the untrained eye (Fans in general) that our OLs and DBs have slightly regressed in their time here, same for our TEs, if Saban were our HC the entire TE Depth Chart would be portaled or processed and Saban would go sign 4 TEs from HS and play the best 2.

If you're lifting weights for 12 straight months, running Sprints for 12 straight months, studying Film on your Position for 12 Straight months, it would seem to me that positions like TE, OL, DB would show better on Game Days.

Yates and Sims have made huge improvements in their Play since they came to GT

It seems to the untrained eye (Fans in general) that our OLs and DBs have slightly regressed in their time here, same for our TEs, if Saban were our HC the entire TE Depth Chart would be portaled or processed and Saban would go sign 4 TEs from HS and play the best 2.

If you're lifting weights for 12 straight months, running Sprints for 12 straight months, studying Film on your Position for 12 Straight months, it would seem to me that positions like TE, OL, DB would show better on Game Days.
If we had enough OL worth anything, I'd just go max protect with another OL and leave the TE's on the bench.

Did you actually look at my list and notice some of those players are actually TRUE freshmen? How many years has Biggers been in the program now? (Hint: he's 17)
4 out of the 8 listed as Freshman are actually true freshman.

4/5 of Pittsburgh's starting OL were RS-SRs
1/5 of Pittsburgh's starting OL was a RS-JR
QB was a RS-Sr
#7, the big TE, was a grad student from UF playing his second grad season, he has already completed his MBA at Pittsburgh.

We were pushed around by a bigger, more experienced squad with a öööö ton of starts between them.

You don’t understand how depleted our roster was when PJ left. Over half the team didn’t belong in any FBS conference, and certainly not a P5 conference. Give Collins time to get his own guys, let them grow older, and coach them up.

He's gotten his own guys and had 2 years to coach up the players. Considering the number of guys from the prior admin ATL/2deep, that means that either CGC cant bring in guys that are as good as where the "bare cupboard" guys were at or is coaching up the "bare cupboard" guys to outperform the new recruits.

The most likely explanation to me is that we've seen a small uptick in recruiting and on defensive development, but a bigger loss in coaching on offense and GameDay.

Playing Freshmen and Sophomores vs 5th Year Seniors and Super Seniors

QB was a RS-Sr
#7, the big TE, was a grad student from UF playing his second grad season, he has already completed his MBA at Pittsburgh.

We were pushed around by a bigger, more experienced squad with a öööö ton of starts between them.
In other words outside of their QB who could have been a 6th or 7th round draft pick, the rest needed to come back another year to get a shot or the handwriting is already on the wall and they need that degree.

In other words outside of their QB who could have been a 6th or 7th round draft pick, the rest needed to come back another year to get a shot or the handwriting is already on the wall and they need that degree.
Have you looked at his stats while at Pitt? They are pretty damn good. Since I never watch the NFL, I have no idea who is QB where other than Brady plays in Tampa and Matt Ryan sucks.

I will say all of the mutt fans at work are somehow Rams fans now so I suppose Fat Stafford plays there now.

Have you looked at his stats while at Pitt? They are pretty damn good. Since I never watch the NFL, I have no idea who is QB where other than Brady plays in Tampa and Matt Ryan sucks.

I will say all of the mutt fans at work are somehow Rams fans now so I suppose Fat Stafford plays there now.
The had a pretty long segment on the ACC Network about why Pickett needed another year of college play. Basically, he was probably not going to get drafted in 2021, pretty likely someone would have picked him up for a practice squad. If he sustains his play this year, he’ll probably get a 3rd round pick. Who knows maybe higher, crazier things have happened? There’s a lot of difference between making $150k on a practice squad, $650k for getting drafted late if you can hang onto a roster, or $850k or so for 3rd round where you’re pretty likely to make a roster.

QB was a RS-Sr

I don't like this excuse, but thanks for the Info, W Michigan found a way to beat them, W Michigan found a way to get them Blocked and go up & down the Field and on Defense they didn't give up 59 (they called off the O on that last kneel down)

In modern day CFB with all the Camps and specialized instruction and year round workouts at the HS Level, the Players get to college more prepared and ready to produce in their first 2 years.

In recent years at Bama- OhioSt-Clemson-UGA T-Fr Interior Linemen on both sides of the ball have made huge impacts early in their careers -- our Recruits should be doing similar things after 12 to 24 Months in our S&C Program.

It shouldn't take 3 yrs for our Recruits to make an impact at any position, our Recruits should be making a serious impact after 12 months of doing it our way, under our supervision and coaching.

The had a pretty long segment on the ACC Network about why Pickett needed another year of college play. Basically, he was probably not going to get drafted in 2021, pretty likely someone would have picked him up for a practice squad. If he sustains his play this year, he’ll probably get a 3rd round pick. Who knows maybe higher, crazier things have happened? There’s a lot of difference between making $150k on a practice squad, $650k for getting drafted late if you can hang onto a roster, or $850k or so for 3rd round where you’re pretty likely to make a roster.
I think 3rd rounders get low 7 figure signing bonuses

Don't give Pitt or Pickett too much credit. They were 6-5 both of the last two regular season, barely making bowls. They did enough to shoot themselves in the foot this game too. We just took no advantage whatsoever. And Pickett's 19/1 ratio has come against the likes of UMass, Tenn, Western MI, New Hampshire and GT.

Back