Fire Patenuade

And replace him with who on the staff? Key was an OC who went o-fer, no thanks.

T-Dope needs to get the big $ guys that were tired of the option to pony up for some quality coordinators. Much cheaper than Juicy Juice’s $14 million buyout.
Coach Choice.

A decent offensive coordinator would get more than one of our four outstanding running backs on the field at the same time. Why not use one of them in the slot and mix in jet sweeps for instance.
With the exception of kick offs it is hard to see any improvement in any position group on offense, defense or special teams. The punter did a good job considering it was his first football game.

I don't understand when we've got Gibbs, Mason, and Griffith why you ever need to run QB Keepers yet we kept trotting out that moronic play.

I don't understand when we've got Gibbs, Mason, and Griffith why you ever need to run QB Keepers yet we kept trotting out that moronic play.
I don’t remember running many, or any, designed qb keepers. There were maybe 2 or 3 options where the qb kept, including a TD. The other qb runs were sacks or scrambles

I don’t remember running many, or any, designed qb keepers. There were maybe 2 or 3 options where the qb kept, including a TD. The other qb runs were sacks or scrambles

Yeah, a lot of those QB runs were scrambles because of our atrocious OL play. Plus Sims gets happy feet (before he got hurt anyway). Rather than check down he loses patience and just tries to run it himself.

And replace him with who on the staff? Key was an OC who went o-fer, no thanks.

T-Dope needs to get the big $ guys that were tired of the option to pony up for some quality coordinators. Much cheaper than Juicy Juice’s $14 million buyout.
Replace him with a tackling dummy or a fence post or just have some random fan get the chance to call plays each quarter. Couldn’t be worse.

Pnopes play calls for Yates are what he should have been calling for Sims. Looked like he was trying to ultilize Sims throw power a few times but when the kid can’t get his throws in the receivers general area when they’re wide ass open, throw power doesn’t matter.

My buddy and I were also infuriated by the lack of plays attacking the outside when we were in the red zone. NIU was gifting us yards if we ran outside in red zone situations. Thankfully dummy realized it was there on Dontae’s touchdown run, not that it mattered.
Sims looks like he is trying so hard to play with control that he looks like he’s slacking. It’s like he’s so scared of overthrowing due to being amped that he takes too much off of everything.

I am not a Patenaude fan because it is obvious that he couldn’t sniff CPJ’s jock when it comes to offensive coaching, BUT…

I felt like our playcalling put our players in a chance to win last night. Far from perfect, but good enough. We missed multiple easy TD passes early that could have blown the game open or at least not put us in a position to have to come from behind. I’m not sure what else you want the OC to do if the QB is missing wide open guys, other than put in the backup (who did better).

CGC, on the other hand, looked like he was in over his head. Wasted timeouts, lack of preparation, no confidence in his own decisions… it was not a good look. He’s really coming across like a guy that should be a recruiting coordinator who stays out of the way of actual football.

The guy averaged over 35 points per game every season at coastal and over 40 in two separate seasons.

he put two running backs and a WR in the draft from the FCS level in that time span. His QB was a 1st team all American. He had all American linemen as well.

To say Patenaude is the problem is ridiculous.

I think y’all are giving Coach P too much of a pass last night:
- Completely underutilized Gibbs…dude can run great routes and is incredible in space…we called almost no plays last night that utilized his skill set
- The one time he started calling runs up the middle that were getting us 5 yards a pop, he immediately goes away from it when it matters the most in the red zone…we try getting cute and it costs us points
- Lack of downfield passing plays…they were there most of the game because NIU was loading the box and daring us to throw it deep…we rarely even challenged them but has good success when we did
- A lot of our players making stupid situational awareness type mistakes…running out of bounds to stop the clock, etc…not specially on him but that’s offensive coaching that should correct that

I think y’all are giving Coach P too much of a pass last night:
- Completely underutilized Gibbs…dude can run great routes and is incredible in space…we called almost no plays last night that utilized his skill set
- The one time he started calling runs up the middle that were getting us 5 yards a pop, he immediately goes away from it when it matters the most in the red zone…we try getting cute and it costs us points
- Lack of downfield passing plays…they were there most of the game because NIU was loading the box and daring us to throw it deep…we rarely even challenged them but has good success when we did
- A lot of our players making stupid situational awareness type mistakes…running out of bounds to stop the clock, etc…not specially on him but that’s offensive coaching that should correct that

We did do a run up the middle at the goal line. Their defenders met the running back behind the line.
They dared us to throw deep cause our line doesn't hold up long enough for a deep pass. And even when we do either the QB misses or the receiver drops it. Not that that isn't offensive coaching, but maybe less so the playcall.

Also isn't to say he did perfect or we couldn't find better. Just that he prolly wasn't a directly large reason we lost that particular game.

Starting to think we don't have a P5 staff other than Choice and Key. Dixon is a good recruiter but not seeing much from our recievers.

What is Weisehan doing? He coaches Tight Ends and offensive Special Teams.

The guy averaged over 35 points per game every season at coastal and over 40 in two separate seasons.

he put two running backs and a WR in the draft from the FCS level in that time span. His QB was a 1st team all American. He had all American linemen as well.

To say Patenaude is the problem is ridiculous.
Ok but isn’t he more of a coach that is associated with actually teaching the players than Collins.

Ok but isn’t he more of a coach that is associated with actually teaching the players than Collins.

Sure. I think he deserves criticism for Sims playing like öööö but he otherwise called a good enough game to win.

We had open receivers both QBs missed. Yates missed a TD on the wheel route with a floater and missed on that bomb from the endzone.

We had some atrocious drops.

The OL was soft as öööö.

Despite all of that he still had us in position to win if Collins wasn’t an idiot/a foot lands an inch further in/our FG kicker doesn’t suck.

Despite all of that he still had us in position to win if Collins wasn’t an idiot/a foot lands an inch further in/our FG kicker doesn’t suck.
I don't think you're entirely wrong, but my problem is not that we were in a position to win: it's that we were in a position to make it even close. He should've put us in a position to win by 3 touchdowns against that team.

I don't think you're entirely wrong, but my problem is not that we were in a position to win: it's that we were in a position to make it even close. He should've put us in a position to win by 3 touchdowns against that team.
Exactly

Back