General Coaching Search News Thread

Somewhat in Reggie's defense, though he should have known better, didn't Nix instruct him to? I seem to recall that Gailey was on the sidelines like "You are gonna do WHAT?!?"
Yep, the exact quote was "ON THIRD DOWN!!!" from Gailey. Instead of calling Reggie over to the side, perhaps even taking a 5 yard delay of game to get a good play in, Nix cracked and didn't instruct his QB AT ALL about the situation. The scoreboard in Athens said third down and Reggie was pointing at it. It is 100% on Nix and is part of the reason he is now coaching HS instead of the NFL. Nix was also directly responsible for the maddening 2005 NC State loss that was a guaranteed win if PJ gets the ball and doesn't fumble.

So if you blame Reggie for that loss, öööö you.(not you in particular, a general you)

Yep, the exact quote was "ON THIRD DOWN!!!" from Gailey. Instead of calling Reggie over to the side, perhaps even taking a 5 yard delay of game to get a good play in, Nix cracked and didn't instruct his QB AT ALL about the situation. The scoreboard in Athens said third down and Reggie was pointing at it. It is 100% on Nix and is part of the reason he is now coaching HS instead of the NFL. Nix was also directly responsible for the maddening 2005 NC State loss that was a guaranteed win if PJ gets the ball and doesn't fumble.

So if you blame Reggie for that loss, öööö you.(not you in particular, a general you)
I forgot that I also blame Nix for the loss to Wake in the ACCC

We truly did find some incredible ways to lose back then. Ah, the memories...

We are either running the most competent coach search we have ever seen or the most incompetent based upon the complete lack of rumors of who expressed interest, who has interviewed, etc other than the Whisenhunt info. There seriously isn’t much to talk about because it’s so quiet.

Incompetent if we interviewed Whiz and done

Competent if we are conducting lots of interviews and no one knows.

We are either running the most competent coach search we have ever seen or the most incompetent based upon the complete lack of rumors of who expressed interest, who has interviewed, etc other than the Whisenhunt info. There seriously isn’t much to talk about because it’s so quiet.

Incompetent if we interviewed Whiz and done

Competent if we are conducting lots of interviews and no one knows.

I was thinking this, too. Outside of Whisenhunt rumors and Collins speculation, we have nothing, and barely any media attention.

TStan assures us in his email that interviews (plural) are ongoing and there is lots of interest.

Could someone emerge out of left field?

In 10 years we’ll be post-ESPN contraction. Cord cutters will force a la carte pricing which will expose ESPN’s cost. Half of TVs will drop them and another half will only pay a discounted rate. Revenues will fall and ESPN will have fewer contracts and pay less for them.

Who knows what the world will look like if colleges have long term obligations but lose their cash flow.
Come quickly, Lord Jesus.

With Bama's OC going to Maryland this makes this 4 years straight Saban lost a coordinator while preparing for the CFP, no?

I was thinking this, too. Outside of Whisenhunt rumors and Collins speculation, we have nothing, and barely any media attention.

TStan assures us in his email that interviews (plural) are ongoing and there is lots of interest.

Agree with you both. IF Tstan really had an idea this was coming after the Clemson game- and this is the best list we got......I'm scratching my head a bit. Shouldn't we have a more exciting list than a Pro OC that played here and a mid-tier Temple coach with ties? That's it? Really? With this long to put something together- I'd have thought we'd have a better list. So- hoping for the best that there's some serious stuff going on that is outside what we're hearing so far.

Turkey neck Beams

beamer.0.0.jpeg

CTtCVuuWwAETw5w.jpg

With Bama's OC going to Maryland this makes this 4 years straight Saban lost a coordinator while preparing for the CFP, no?
The legend of Saban only gets bigger. Dude could probably lose half the team and still beat anybody else.

If we run the ball with Tashard in both games instead of trying to force the ball to Calvin, we win both of those games.
Dammit, I am so damn mad. Choice was good, PJ was good and yet we freakin' blew it. Thank God we just got up real big against WV and ran away with the game.....wait....wut.....DAMMMIT TO HELL!!!!!!

Just don't do anything stupid near half against Fresno State, Chan......go into half......no don't throw it into the flat......and now we are getting blown out.....

Sorry, bad memories hitting me

Back