General Coaching Search News Thread

Gus Malzahn was publicized by the AD at Auburn earlier this week as being back for 2019. Then their boosters blocked a multi-year deal for any coordinators. So Gus’ OC left and he’s stuck unable to hire Hugh Freeze. So what does he do? He reaches out to Todd Stansbury for the GT job.

I feel like he'd be a great fit with the personnel we have, while also offering a more "modernized" offense that would appeal to recruits.

It's unlikely we get a Cam Newton type, but I could definitely see him landing another Hamilton or Justin Thomas.

Hell, let him bring Hugh Freeze while we're at it.

tenor.gif

I feel like he'd be a great fit with the personnel we have, while also offering a more "modernized" offense that would appeal to recruits.

It's unlikely we get a Cam Newton type, but I could definitely see him landing another Hamilton or Justin Thomas.

Hell, let him bring Hugh Freeze while we're at it.

tenor.gif

Gus and Freeze would be an amazing era in GT football... for some of the right reasons but definitely all of the wrong ones

But really, Gus is making $6.7 million a year right now. He'd have to be willing to take a massive cut.

Heard Wes Durham on radio today with mike bell & the other numb nutzguy he works with.

Mainly falcon talk, but got around to GT job. Wes said 2 people have contacted him (these people being coaches) trying to gather information about GT job.

Would assume they are guys never having been here. Any thoughts or guesses?

Steve Sarkisian and the OC from Clemson. Final answer.

Gus Malzahn was publicized by the AD at Auburn earlier this week as being back for 2019. Then their boosters blocked a multi-year deal for any coordinators. So Gus’ OC left and he’s stuck unable to hire Hugh Freeze. So what does he do? He reaches out to Todd Stansbury for the GT job.
Auburn is not gonna use their trickery to pawn Malzahn off on us.

No, that was the spike on 3rd and 1 the play before. It was an idiotic spike to bring up the 4th down instead of trying using two downs to pick up 1 yard. The throw away on 4th down was just the icing on the Pat Nix öööö cake.

It was 4th and 21. Not 4th and 1. They dropped us for huge sack on 2nd down then we spiked. Still stupid, and yea looks like Gailey gave him the wtf look. Here’s the video if you want to relive your misery

Note: the above video could be shocking to some who have never seen our defense get a stop

Back