GT to Big 12 or BiG?

Meh. Don't care about losing the NC schools.

Only care about playing Clemson, FSU, and Georgia every year. The other 9 games can rotate among quality opponents.

Don't want that but could live with it

I sent you a PM as requested a few hours ago. Odds are +120 now.

Only care about playing Clemson, FSU, and Georgia every year. The other 9 games can rotate among quality opponents.

All these talks can put a 4 team playoff at risk. If big 4 conferences have the two prime bowls and secure membership from some prime ACC teams, then they can push for a plus-one format where number 1 and number 2 teams play after the bowl, more often than not that would be the winner of the rose bowl and champions bowl.

If Chuck Oliver is reporting this, then I am more inclined to believe this is more about destabilizing recruiting than about expansion.

I would also like to keep duke because they're one of our oldest opponents.

We just need to get in a conference were the playing field is closer to being level with those in the SEC (including travel costs)... I don't care if it's the ACC or not.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Don't see how this is such a great move by FSU. There closest conference rival will be 3 states away. If it happens, the ACC should consider picking up UCF and try to limit FSU's recruiting stronghold to the panhandle as much as possible. The end of the FSU vs UM series I think hurts FSU recruiting in Florida particularly if they aren't a dominate team in the new B12 and UF decides not to play them anymore either. Recruiting against the SEC is tough enough without joining a distant conference. This could be real bad for them if UT were to jump to the P12 in a few years.

tumblr_m3qfj2N2xg1qzqvm2o1_250.gif

Oliver's write-up does not sound so believable. He either got trolled or fishing himself. With that said, let's see first the new big12 TV deal and the new playoff deal.

Re: that was funny

Baylor? TT? TCU? ....why not ?

Lets not start pretending that Baylor is some lauded football program. We will see where they end up sans RGIII. They won 36 games from 02-10

TTU was badass b/c of the pirate. Thats over.

Ill give you TCU

You lost me when you suggest NC State will bolt the ACC. You 'ignant if you think that. You double fail by suggesting the same of VT. It was their wet dream to be in the ACC.

"The fact that Georgia Tech is talking with the Big 12 gives you a pretty good idea as to the future of the ACC. The conference has been out flanked by its peers and will have likely have its work cut out to ensure its survival. It is very likely that you see the SEC make a play for two ACC institutions. One is likely to be Virginia Tech, the other has long been rumored to be North Carolina State. The Big 10 has always had an eye on expanding into new markets and the ACC possesses institutions in Duke, UNC, Maryland, and UVA that would pair well with their current culture."

"The fact that Georgia Tech is talking with the Big 12 gives you a pretty good idea as to the future of the ACC. The conference has been out flanked by its peers and will have likely have its work cut out to ensure its survival. It is very likely that you see the SEC make a play for two ACC institutions. One is likely to be Virginia Tech, the other has long been rumored to be North Carolina State. The Big 10 has always had an eye on expanding into new markets and the ACC possesses institutions in Duke, UNC, Maryland, and UVA that would pair well with their current culture."

chuckovlier.net

You're using THAT as some kind of validation!?!?!

Back