Guys...TCU has chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a regular day at your house.

I’m gonna raise the stakes. Gonna bet money line on TCU at 355. I’ll either be pinching my nipples or doing everything on your list.

Or both.
355 is the address across the street from work where we used to go slug it out. Almost you had to say is "three five five" and someone knew what was up.

Like the final scene in “Dumb and Dumber”.

Ohio State’s quarterback has talent. Extremely fast to avoid the rush.

Too bad he had a sorry, offensive coordinator and head. Coach did not call the correct plays, or they would have won.

That quarterback for TCU will be on his back and knocked out of the game one out of every three plays.

It won’t even be close.

Now hear me out, fellas.

I know what you're feeling. I felt it too Saturday night when the Dwags came back from the dead. What did we do to deserve this. Is the Curse of 1990 a real thing? I've been a Tech fan my entire life. We've kinda gotten used to grabbing our ankles for UGAg, but we always had the Nattes to fall back on. Not now..

Well these MFers aren't winning b2b Natties. I can promise you that! TCU is a team of destiny!!! The blueprint has been laid out on how to beat Georgia. Now go do it TCU!!! My heart can't handle it!
Not a chance. I've lived a lifetime of watching these assholes getaway with everything. I don't think the game will be close but if for some scenario it was, never underestimate college football's lean toward the few. Refs will insure a timely call here or there helps Ga. I won't watch, namely to avoid vomiting at the ESPN crew on their knees and fawning over those ingrates. Good for you if you can stomach Pollack, Herbstreit, and the yelling tennis guy, I cannot and won't. The fix is in and this will be a blowout.

SECheat rulz!!! B12 sux!!! The fix is in. No way that anyone but UGAg will win the CFP this season. tOSU got jobbed in a big way the other night. That hit on Harrison in the EZ was either targeting (by the NCAA's own rule, see below), or it was unnecessary roughness, one or the other.

ARTICLE 14. A defenseless player is one who because of their physical position and focus of concentration is especially vulnerable to injury. When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:
a. A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass. This includes an offensive player in a passing posture with focus downfield.
b. A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect themselves or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
c. A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
d. A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect themselves or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
e. A player on the ground.
f. A player obviously out of the play.
g. A player who receives a blind-side block.
h. A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
i. A quarterback any time after a change of possession.
j. A ball carrier who has obviously given themselves up and is sliding feet first.

RULE 9, SECTION 1 - PERSONAL FOULS
All fouls in this section (unless noted) and any other acts of unnecessary roughness are personal fouls. For flagrant personal fouls mandating conference review, see Rule 9-6.

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact with the Crown of the Helmet
ARTICLE 3. No player shall target and make forcible contact against an opponent with the crown of their helmet. The crown of the helmet is the top segment of the helmet; namely, the circular area defined by a 6-inch radius from the apex (top) of the helmet. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul. (Rule 9-6) (A.R. 9-1-3-I)

Targeting and Making Forcible Contact to Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player
ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent (See Note 2 below) with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting (See Note 1 below). When in question, it is a foul (Rules 2-27-14 and 9-6). (A.R. 9-1-4-I-VI)

Note 1: “Targeting” means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indicators of targeting include but are not limited to:
• Launch. A player leaving their feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
• A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.
• Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet.

Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:
• A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass. This includes an offensive player in a passing posture with focus downfield.
A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect themselves or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
• A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return.
• A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect themselves or has not clearly become a ball carrier.
• A player on the ground.
• A player obviously out of the play.
• A player who receives a blind-side block.
• A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped.
• A quarterback any time after a change of possession
• A ball carrier who has obviously given themselves up and is sliding feet-first.

These type of rules undermine the game. Judgement calls on rules filled with gray area for subjective interpretation by humans.
In football, there is pass interference, holding and targeting. These are completely subjective when called and cumulatively have an impact on deciding almost every close game. You could also throw in ball placement.

Basketball has the same problem with charging calls or pretty much any foul. Completely up to the ref.

It would seem that with the advances in technology and AI that human subjectivity for infractions and penalties could be nearly eliminated.

RFID in the football and 1st down chains would be a good start. Helmet impact detection devices could be another. Map the movements of everything with computers, set parameters for infractions and if the computer doesn't call the damn penalty, keep the game moving.

This seems like it should be easy at this point.

I wish somebody would have the nuts to take out their cocky ass 47yo qb. Even if folks always remember it going down like that, if I was TCU I wouldn't give 2 sh!ts if it meant putting a natty trophy in the case.

The fuggers play NINE games a year in Georgia. NINE. The only time they ever even leave the south is every other year at Mizzou. Who else gets a schedule like that?

1673061349988.png

Not a chance. I've lived a lifetime of watching these assholes getaway with everything. I don't think the game will be close but if for some scenario it was, never underestimate college football's lean toward the few. Refs will insure a timely call here or there helps Ga. I won't watch, namely to avoid vomiting at the ESPN crew on their knees and fawning over those ingrates. Good for you if you can stomach Pollack, Herbstreit, and the yelling tennis guy, I cannot and won't. The fix is in and this will be a blowout.
yes. im not watching either. i sufferred thru the semi-final. if its late 4th Q and TCU is going to win i might tune in the UGAg radio broadcast.

For most fans it feels like there’s maybe 10 teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship… TCU winning would turn that narrative upside down. TCU gives college football fans everywhere hope that their team too could have a special season and win it all. Also the entire country outside of our state is already tired of UGA being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back