Guys...TCU has chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For most fans it feels like there’s maybe 10 teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship… TCU winning would turn that narrative upside down. TCU gives college football fans everywhere hope that their team too could have a special season and win it all. Also the entire country outside of our state is already tired of UGA being good.

I don’t even think there are 10. When was the last time it wasn’t Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Clemson? 2014?

For all the talk of lack of parity, there have been four different national champions in the past four years and six in the past ten. That's not really too bad.

Hopefully TCU can make it five in five.

For most fans it feels like there’s maybe 10 teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship… TCU winning would turn that narrative upside down. TCU gives college football fans everywhere hope that their team too could have a special season and win it all. Also the entire country outside of our state is already tired of UGA being good.
FWIW, I think people are just generally tired of UGA full stop. Tech fans have to put up with their BS for 365/24. The rest of the nation is starting to understand clean, old fashioned hate now having had a full taste of what we've had to put up with every day for a lifetime. I think they get it now. "To HELL with Georgia" isn't just a Tech thing any more.

As someone who grew up an Auburn fan, is an avid Georgia Tech fan and alum, and who has lived here in the Triangle listening to insufferable UNC and Duke fans, I have suffered lately. I will at least watch a Duke basketball or Alabama football championship game. But, I will not watch the Tarheels or Dawgs be crowned champions. Lately, that means I have missed way too many national title games.

I still watch Georgia Tech and my kids’ school, ECU with great interest, and enjoy when Auburn plays. But, with the basketball success of UNC and Duke and football dominance of Bama and UGA with Clemson thrown in I have really quit enjoying the two college sports. I once loved the sports and my teams, now it is just my teams. Monday night I’ll be doing anything other than watching the nightmare of likely second consecutive national titles for the Mutts.

I don't think TCU can hang with them. Dogs just have too much talent. Dykes is a heck of a coach and they have had an incredible season but they simply don't match up with the mutts.

I don’t even think there are 10. When was the last time it wasn’t Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, or Clemson? 2014?
This. Except LSU snuck in there in 2019-2020.

In the final:
  • SEC 3 teams, ACC 1 team, B1G 1 team, P12 1 team, B12 1 team.
  • SEC 5 champs, ACC 2 champs, B1G 1 champ.
  • SEC 10 entries, ACC 4 entries, B1G 2 entries, P12 1 entry, B12 1 entry.
Only the inaugural year had no SEC team in the final, twice both teams. The P12 had their entry in the first one. They got waxed. The B12 has their entry this year. What will happen?

I'll watch as it's the last college game for 8 months and I think TCU has a punchers chance. If the Dwags win, I'll just tune out the Dwag friends/fam I have. It's really pretty easy. Letting them get to us just adds to their enjoyment and that's what they want to see.

For all the talk of lack of parity, there have been four different national champions in the past four years and six in the past ten. That's not really too bad.

Hopefully TCU can make it five in five.
Of those 4 champions, 2 of them were repeat winners from the 2 finals before those and the other 2 were other SEC teams (one of which could be getting a 2nd this year). Of the 8 teams in those last 4 games, only one of them had not been in a college football playoff final yet. Of the 9 playoff finals that have happened, there have been 2 teams (out of 18) that weren't SEC (which with the exception of 1 LSU has been Bama or UGA), Ohio St or Clemson.

FWIW, I think people are just generally tired of UGA full stop. Tech fans have to put up with their BS for 365/24. The rest of the nation is starting to understand clean, old fashioned hate now having had a full taste of what we've had to put up with every day for a lifetime. I think they get it now. "To HELL with Georgia" isn't just a Tech thing any more.
the thing that bugs me the most, living around this öööö storm, are the band wagon transplant fans jumping on the inbred train. if you've been a UGAg fan for 50'yrs, fine, thats still terrible but i can respect that. but if you moved down here from Yonkers last week and you are suddenly supporting the "state" team. well you can go to hell. or back to Yonkers. same thing.

and don't tell me this isn't happening.

the thing that bugs me the most, living around this öööö storm, are the band wagon transplant fans jumping on the inbred train. if you've been a UGAg fan for 50'yrs, fine, thats still terrible but i can respect that. but if you moved down here from Yonkers last week and you are suddenly supporting the "state" team. well you can go to hell. or back to Yonkers. same thing.

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” ~ George Carlin

You will find those on any given bandwagon are mostly comprised of this group. They usually ruin what they touch.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. Why? ESPN has air brushed the disgusting bunch. They raved over that second rate QB, and if you weren't watching never showed his cheap ass taunting. Seems they have a mainline into mic jobs. Pollack has absolutely zero brains or talent, yet he's up there week after week. Herbstreit did a clip last year showing four of the numb skulls acting quiet and reserved, rather than having just been released from the Athens jail. I actually thought he might ask to kiss their ass on TV. The Fowler guy has been given the marching orders to turn into cheerleading creep. No, the rest of the country doesn't have any idea what we have to put up with, and they certainly have no idea of the inside job they have with the NCAA (no probation, no violations).

FiiQZ7wWYAUPWZt~2.jpeg

Refs normally defer to UGAg

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I can't. Why? ESPN has air brushed the disgusting bunch. They raved over that second rate QB, and if you weren't watching never showed his cheap ass taunting. Seems they have a mainline into mic jobs. Pollack has absolutely zero brains or talent, yet he's up there week after week. Herbstreit did a clip last year showing four of the numb skulls acting quiet and reserved, rather than having just been released from the Athens jail. I actually thought he might ask to kiss their ass on TV. The Fowler guy has been given the marching orders to turn into cheerleading creep. No, the rest of the country doesn't have any idea what we have to put up with, and they certainly have no idea of the inside job they have with the NCAA (no probation, no violations).
I have learned to liberally employ 1) the mute button and 2) the off button.

I don't accommodate the nonsense and haven't for many years so it doesn't much bother me. I've learned to separate the game from the sideshow. I watch the game and don't let the clowns ruin it for me. The legacy media, in all forms including sports, is a farce at best and malicious propaganda at worst. I don't let it in and I don't feed it. I encourage you to do the same.

Dude, it is going to be a combination of drinking, cocaine, strippers, hookers, and balling up in the shower and crying.
Balling up in the shower and crying? I except more from you JJ

Not me - I could care less about transplants band wagoneers. I hate the 50 year dawg fans - while they had the upper hand on us, it was with an asterisk because of no championship (the bama 4th down play really hurt them)- now they are insufferable.

btw - there is no way tcu bets our genius offensive coordinator - right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back