If you still think Patenaude should be employed

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
Shut out is an arbitrary stat. Scoring 3 or 7 and being blown out, versus being shut out and losing matters not. Our current team has a long way to go, but I see no reason to lose sleep over this silly öööö about a not being shut out streak.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Shut out is an arbitrary stat. Scoring 3 or 7 and being blown out, versus being shut out and losing matters not. Our current team has a long way to go, but I see no reason to lose sleep over this silly öööö about a not being shut out streak.
You don’t think kicking a worthless garbage time FG to avoid the shutout is noteworthy!?

johncu

Dodd-Like
I'm more concerned with the fact that ESPN FPI has us as the #107 team.

If we go to a bowl next year and then start winning games again, the shutouts will be completely irrelevant. For now, though, they're a reason for concern about that happening under this staff.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
I think it's the fact that we couldn't even kick a worthless garbage time FG that is extremely noteworthy
Maybe if we had better kickers. Who recruited those two asshats anyway?

gte490v

Dodd-Like
I think it's the fact that we couldn't even kick a worthless garbage time FG that is extremely noteworthy
We didn't get past OUR 40 yard line until the final 2 drives of the game. That is a big enough of a disaster that you cannot hang it on the OC, players, head coach, karma, luck, defense, etc. It took them all to make that happen on Saturday. Also, we had a running back average 10 yards per carry in the first half (only had 2 carries in the game and they came on 3rd and 29 and 3rd an 9).

beej67

new around here
And the second half was basically entirely garbage time.

So yes, that's concerning.

Makes me wonder if the Pataneude Blueprint hasn't already been figured out. Then again, there's no way to be sure but wait 3 years.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
We had a long bowl streak too and the PJ Fan club didn't cry when St. PJ ööööed that up. Of course, we lost almost every bowl under St. PJ so I guess missing one didn't really matter.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
And the second half was basically entirely garbage time.

So yes, that's concerning.

Makes me wonder if the Pataneude Blueprint hasn't already been figured out. Then again, there's no way to be sure but wait 3 years.
I don’t think there is a Paterdude blueprint. I just think he’s in over his head at the P5 level. The test is whether Collins recognizes that and does something about it or keeps him around for 10 years because they’re best friends

My guess is Key is calling the offense by year 3 and Dave was just brought on as the fall guy for the first two rebuilding seasons. Whether that’s a good thing is another discussion.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
If you are at the game and you can't see the difference on the lines of scrimmage, then you are an idiot. What do you suggest we do different on offense?
Coach them.

I've been at the forefront of saying it's not just the scheme change but the lack of recruiting and injuries that have decimated the OL depth. But they were getting better before getting much worse this last weekend. The regression is not encouraging, and it's easy to point at the coaches when we open the game with a delay-of-game penalty and spend 4 quarters with one tackle looking for someone to block and the other one getting buzzed by 2 defenders like they're Maverick and Iceman.