Labor Day game - How bad is FSU

You think their NFL prospects will opt out? No chance for the playoffs now.
They all probably need to put something better on tape first. But any of them that are still projected to be high draft picks in December will eventually start prepping for the combine.

FSU played pretty well against us. They played terribly tonight. Brent Key will use tonight to remind the team to stay grounded and focused. Tonight’s loss to BC means we can’t go overboard about beating the Noles. Stay focused on Syracuse and get a tough road win and move to 3-0.

Watched Norvell's postgame presser. Brutal. He looked lost and confused. It was a hard watch. Especially after having recently watched Kalen DeBoer - I think Bama hit a home run with him. If I didn't know he was a gozillionaire, I would feel sorry for Norvell.

In his fifth season, he is now 19-15 in ACC play. I don't think that is what F$U's delusional fans expect. I think F$U made a major mistake giving this guy so much money. I don't think he will succeed there. Not sure which program is in bigger trouble: UF or F$U, but I think it's actually F$U, because I think UF will be able to jettison Napier by season's end and start over (again), but I think F$U is going to be stuck with Norvell for at least two more years before they can start over.

1000006425.jpg

Obviously, FSU is not making enough money in the ACC to beat GT and BC, two of the non university schools in CFB. FSU should immediately be allowed to exit the ACC and be placed in the $EC so they can afford to play elite again

QB play means everything in football. Modern QB's have to be good decision makers and some combination of great passer or great runner.

Ukulele is terrible at all 3.

It's not all his fault for sure. They had multiple dropped passes last night. Their receiving corp sucks. Their defense again got pushed around on the LOS. They are a BAD team from top to bottom starting with Mike Norvell.

Norvell going for it on 4th down and not short well inside his own territory at the start of the second half was complete stupidity. It lead to a pick and subsequent BC TD sinking FSU's hopes of keeping it close and pulling out a win late. Mike Norvell is a bad coach of a bad team.

That program is in BIG trouble. They have pissed off everyone becoming untouchable by the conference power brokers. They are neck deep in a legal quagmire that isn't looking favorable at all, and now they have become a terrible product on the field with a seemingly clueless head coach.

They have damaged their brand immeasurably in a short time. These things can take many, many years to rebuild from especially if the slide on the field continues as it appears it will.

I shed no tears for FSU. They deserve everything coming to them.

QB play means everything in football. Modern QB's have to be good decision makers and some combination of great passer or great runner.

Ukulele is terrible at all 3.

It's not all his fault for sure. They had multiple dropped passes last night. Their receiving corp sucks. Their defense again got pushed around on the LOS. They are a BAD team from top to bottom starting with Mike Norvell.

Norvell going for it on 4th down and not short well inside his own territory at the start of the second half was complete stupidity. It lead to a pick and subsequent BC TD sinking FSU's hopes of keeping it close and pulling out a win late. Mike Norvell is a bad coach of a bad team.

That program is in BIG trouble. They have pissed off everyone becoming untouchable by the conference power brokers. They are neck deep in a legal quagmire that isn't looking favorable at all, and now they have become a terrible product on the field with a seemingly clueless head coach.

They have damaged their brand immeasurably in a short time. These things can take many, many years to rebuild from especially if the slide on the field continues as it appears it will.

I shed no tears for FSU. They deserve everything coming to them.
The arrogance of FSU with their subsequent comeuppance has been glorious.

I'm just glad they are 0-2. GT and BC did the rest of CFB a favor. Otherwise, FSU fans would be making CFB unbearable right now and I'm certain FSU lawyers would be emergency filing to get immediately out of the ACC saying they proved the league was beneath them.

We ought to allow FSU to leave with the caveat that they can ONLY leave to be independent or to go to the BIG12.

4 teams in college football dont have a portal transfer player that ended up being a starter for their team:

The three service academies, and Clemson

Because Geff was scared Sims would transfer if he brought in actual competition
I think you're right. Imagine if we had Castellanos to come in when Sims flamed out in 2022 against UVA. We were a decent backup QB from winning that game.

Only 16 rushing attempts to 42 passes....8 DJU carries and only 8 rushing attempts by the rest of the team. Did not see the game, but that does not seem like a recipe for success.

Watched Norvell's postgame presser. Brutal. He looked lost and confused. It was a hard watch. Especially after having recently watched Kalen DeBoer - I think Bama hit a home run with him. If I didn't know he was a gozillionaire, I would feel sorry for Norvell.

In his fifth season, he is now 19-15 in ACC play. I don't think that is what F$U's delusional fans expect. I think F$U made a major mistake giving this guy so much money. I don't think he will succeed there. Not sure which program is in bigger trouble: UF or F$U, but I think it's actually F$U, because I think UF will be able to jettison Napier by season's end and start over (again), but I think F$U is going to be stuck with Norvell for at least two more years before they can start over.
Mike “No Refunds” Norvell

Have to wonder if Key and BoB talked a bit last week.
Good point. Beyond their own personal connection (of which I’m not sure) I’m sure ACC coaches are sharing as much intel as possible when it comes to FSU

Back