Last year on the CPJ bandwagon

I was addressing the question about the quality of their defense. It simply wasn't as good as advertised. The fact that they would have beaten most of the teams with better rushing defenses doesn't really change that. Before the season started, it was speculated that their D this year was probably better than their 1980 D. Not by a long shot. I'll give them credit - but their defense should have been a lot better than it was.

I was addressing the quality of their defense too. I don't think the numbers portray the actual quality.

What exactley will get you perma-banned like that? I need to know for the upcoming season.

If you want to push the line, I think you'll have plenty of warning before the hammer falls.

It's repeated line crossing that will get you.

What would our record have been with that "Crap" schedule?
It would be kinda like infinity or something since we'd never be able to finish that last regular season game. We'd still be playing overtimes...missing our bowl game and Spring practice.

It would be kinda like infinity or something since we'd never be able to finish that last regular season game. We'd still be playing overtimes...missing our bowl game and Spring practice.

Nope, the refs would make a bad call at some point and skew the results.

I'll never forget how angry I was at that game. Some serious bullshit.

If Wesley's brain could perform as well as CPJs teams have, the world would be a better place

This thread sucks, but what particularly sucks are the use of completely wrong stats.

1. Comparing total punts for UGA 2006/07 to total punts of UGA under CPJ. Not that defense hasn't been worse, but total punts depends a lot on the style of both offenses. The clock runs more under a run-heavy offense, much more than Chan's incompletion happy pro-style offense. That means many fewer possessions to force punts, especially if CPJ's offense is having long, successful drives.

2. Total offense/defense stats. Same issue as above. People citing these stats are the ones who say 2010 Auburn's defense sucked. Looking at it adjusting their defense after adjusting for how quickly Cam Newton scored gives a very different picture.

That's all I have. The most reliable stats are probably Sagarin predictors at the end of the season. Depending on your criteria for a successful coach, those may or may not be good enough. They certainly don't bear out the thinking that Gailey was somehow successful and CPJ has sucked.

Finally there's a good bit of inferiority complex, with UGA "pushing us around." One of those gifs was of an A-back very close to scoring a touchdown. The game would have turned out much differently, although still likely a loss, if we punched in that touchdown.

Actually wasn't it about 4.5?
tumblr_m5fkwi87Qs1r6lsavo6_250.gif

In 2006, UGAy had 9 drives that weren't ended by the clock.
In 2007, UGAy had 12 drives that weren't ended by the clock.

In 2008, UGAy had 13 drives that weren't ended by the clock.
In 2009, UGAy had 8 drives that weren't ended by the clock.
In 2010, UGAy had 11 drives that weren't ended by the clock.
In 2011, UGAy had 10 drives that weren't ended by the clock.
In 2012, UGAy had 10 drives that weren't ended by the clock.

:dunno:

Back