Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Maybe when we stopped taking dumb timeouts, having terrible penalties, and generally looking like we knew what the opponent was trying to do. The lone exception being Miami when they switched their entire scheme for our game.

The players looked prepared. Something they hadn’t looked in a few years.
Collins had terrible clock management, I will give you that. As for penalties? That was on the players, most of the time. Also, Collins did terrible at game prep, at least outside looking in. I would argue we failed to prep for the UVA game. The O had so many open chances, in that game.

Wow. Just wow. If you worked in a particular field, you would be ok working for someone that knows less than you??? Is that what you are saying? Having an experienced leader is a set up for failure. In any business that doesn't work. Get out of your feelings. I suggest you back your words up. Go find someone to work for that knows less than you. Let me know how that works out. Go right ahead. Do it... Show me to be wrong.

Absolutely I would. In fact, I would say that is the most likely scenario, because the higher up you are the more things you are responsible for and the less time you have to specialize in any one of them.

A good leader is one who recognizes that most of his subordinates will likely be more capable than him in terms of practical knowledge of what they are being hired to do. Being able to identify talent, understanding how to manage that talent, and being willing to let that talent do their jobs without undue interference are the most important abilities a boss can have.

I'm in software developer and have worked for a lot of different bosses, and I can tell you the best ones were those who were good at setting up the team structure, identifying potential relationship issues before they happened, and keeping everything running smoothly. Their knowledge of software development did not come into play much beyond knowing enough to understand what was going on within the team, and it's not something I consider when deciding whether to switch teams.

Key should definitely give this guy a ring bring him back

1669828433139.png

Absolutely I would. In fact, I would say that is the most likely scenario, because the higher up you are the more things you are responsible for and the less time you have to specialize in any one of them.

A good leader is one who recognizes that most of his subordinates will likely be more capable than him in terms of practical knowledge of what they are being hired to do. Being able to identify talent, understanding how to manage that talent, and being willing to let that talent do their jobs without undue interference are the most important abilities a boss can have.

I'm in software developer and have worked for a lot of different bosses, and I can tell you the best ones were those who were good at setting up the team structure, identifying potential relationship issues before they happened, and keeping everything running smoothly. Their knowledge of software development did not come into play much beyond knowing enough to understand what was going on within the team, and it's not something I consider when deciding whether to switch teams.
So, you would trust them to be able to provide an annual review and give you subpar scores? When you ask, they have no ability to describe your job. Go right ahead. I'm sorry. I cannot respect to work for anyone that knows less than me, in my area of work. But, maybe I am just built different.

Key should definitely give this guy a ring bring him back

1669828433139.png
Word on the other board is that was his first call and he’s staying at Texas. Not really much room to move if you are t gonna give more pay or make him assistant head coach. I believe he will be back to Tech one day.

And those workplace sexual harassment charges are no joke
I work from home and instead of getting pestered for meetings, I get pestered by a cat demanding to be petted. Guess it was a trade off... Either way, I don't have to fight Atlanta traffic 5 days a week.

Word on the other board is that was his first call and he’s staying at Texas. Not really much room to move if you are t gonna give more pay or make him assistant head coach. I believe he will be back to Tech one day.
Sad. I would love to see Choice run an offense. I bet it would be a potent running game.

I wonder who's his choice was for Assistance Coach but should've gave this guy a 100k raise from what he's currently making keep him the RB coach and the Assistant HC title

Collins had terrible clock management, I will give you that. As for penalties? That was on the players, most of the time. Also, Collins did terrible at game prep, at least outside looking in. I would argue we failed to prep for the UVA game. The O had so many open chances, in that game.
And penalties are also on the coaching staff developing a culture of accountability and discipline.

We lost our starting QB mid game. I feel like people just gloss over that fact. Teams don’t typically win in that situation

I guess I think way too much with common sense. I know I (me) will not work for anyone that knows less than me. If I was an OC or DC, I wouldn't bet my career on an untested head coach. I will concede that Key will do better than Collins. I mean, can't be much worse. However; I see a lot of 6-6 type seasons. As we are, right now, GT isn't a gem of a school to go coach for.
"Common sense" should tell you that managers/supervisors/coaches are paid to manage/supervise/coach, and workers/assistants are paid to get the job done. A good manager should NEVER tell those under him how to get their job done; he should ONLY be interested in results. Similarly the "underling" should NEVER tell the manager/supervisor/coach how to manage/supervise/coach; he should ONLY look for disciplined management/supervision/coaching that allows him to do the best possible job he can with the best possible results.

So, you would trust them to be able to provide an annual review and give you subpar scores? When you ask, they have no ability to describe your job. Go right ahead. I'm sorry. I cannot respect to work for anyone that knows less than me, in my area of work. But, maybe I am just built different.

Well you just said something completely different. I would never work for someone who had no ability to describe my job or understand the basics of what I do. But that's a lot different than saying you would never work for someone who knows less than you.

I need my boss to understand the basics of software development so that he can understand the challenges I face, evaluate the work I produce, and set up practices and structures that are conducive to good software development. But I don't need my boss to be better at actually developing the software than me. Why would I? That's my job, not his.

Similarly, as an OC I would never go work for a head coach who knew nothing about football. But I wouldn't have a problem going to work for a head coach who wasn't as good as me at running an offense. In fact, I might even prefer it, so long as he recognizes that running the offense is my job and being a CEO-style head coach is his job. As an O-line coach, I wouldn't have a problem working for an OC who knew less about coaching O-line specifically than I do. And so on.

Success in any field is a team effort, and each person in the team plays different roles. Requiring a boss to know as much or more than all of his subordinates about their roles despite his role serving a different purpose seems short-sighted.

Well you just said something completely different. I would never work for someone who had no ability to describe my job or understand the basics of what I do. But that's a lot different than saying you would never work for someone who knows less than you.

I need my boss to understand the basics of software development so that he can understand the challenges I face, evaluate the work I produce, and set up practices and structures that are conducive to good software development. But I don't need my boss to be better at actually developing the software than me. Why would I? That's my job, not his.

Similarly, as an OC I would never go work for a head coach who knew nothing about football. But I wouldn't have a problem going to work for a head coach who wasn't as good as me at running an offense. In fact, I might even prefer it, so long as he recognizes that running the offense is my job and being a CEO-style head coach is his job. As an O-line coach, I wouldn't have a problem working for an OC who knew less about coaching O-line specifically than I do. And so on.

Success in any field is a team effort, and each person in the team plays different roles. Requiring a boss to know as much or more than all of his subordinates about their roles despite his role serving a different purpose seems short-sighted.
And micro-managey. A healthy organization is built on trust. Key provides that in spades. I think he has a very high floor and we don’t quite know where his ceiling is.

"Common sense" should tell you that managers/supervisors/coaches are paid to manage/supervise/coach, and workers/assistants are paid to get the job done. A good manager should NEVER tell those under him how to get their job done; he should ONLY be interested in results. Similarly the "underling" should NEVER tell the manager/supervisor/coach how to manage/supervise/coach; he should ONLY look for disciplined management/supervision/coaching that allows him to do the best possible job he can with the best possible results.
My view remains the same. If I were an experienced OC, for instance. I don't think I would trust my career to a new head coach, that has less experience than I do. I run a whole department, for almost a billion dollar company, so I do know a thing or two about managing. You teach people how to do the job and let them do it. However; I can drop into any position, should I ever need to. I can do that because I wrote the playbook on how to do the job. That has led to nothing but success. Maybe I am looking at this from a wrong point a view. Maybe being a head coach is like being the president, you can be just a puppet and let everyone else do the work.

I think finding a reputable, experienced OC and DC will be hard. Face facts. Why would you work for someone that you have more experience, than they do? I wouldn't work for a boss that knew less than me. Why would you expect that to change for coaching? I expect to see us grab and OC from the FCS level and probably keep Thacker. That's my best guess, anyway.
Worked for Dabo.

The answer to your question is money.

Back