Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Who is Jamey Chadwell's OC? I know Chadwell designed that scheme himself, but maybe he taught the guy a few things???

Willie Korn. Former 5* QB at one point. Widely perceived to be CIW if Chadwell leaves.

As for Dell McGee someone mentioned, that dude gets over $1 million per year. Don't see that happening.

My choices for OC is an OC from the top 50 or so on the ESPN FPI offensive efficiency list. That includes Coastal Carolina, App State, Tulane, etc. Those are all G5s, which is I think is doable for the budget we have.

I really dont think there will be major changes to the staff in regards to coordinators...Key likes Thacker and brought the best out of him. Long is a solid OC, you just have to give him time in this situation.

ND got progressively worse each year under Long. In 2020 you can see ND had improved a good bit with a different OC. He then proceeded to Tulane and doled out the worst offensive performance in Fritz's entire career. Somehow he ends up here, and we've declined from 2021. I don't think Long's trajectory is looking all that hot. Much rather try Weinke, or better yet a different OC altogether.

I think Long will be replaced, and hope that’s where our $ is going since CBK theoretically took only a portion of what we had budgeted for HC. Hoping we retain Thack - Key seems to have been happy with the D’s performance in the back half of the year. We also need a ST coordinator badly.

I would think CBK needs to move quickly so a vision is in place for the team in advance of the portal opening up/early signing day.

Sure is nice to be sitting here excited about the potential that lies ahead for this team.

There was marked improvement in all QBs compared to pre-Key. Anything pre-Key should be examined about as long as a dirty square of toilet paper (which is about the worth of the former clown).
At what point did things magically get better? So, Collins prevented anyone from learning and limited all their abilities? At some point Collins has to stop being the scapegoat, for be all end all.

At what point did things magically get better? So, Collins prevented anyone from learning and limited all their abilities? At some point Collins has to stop being the scapegoat, for be all end all.
Things got markedly better in Key's first game against Pitt. Regardless of the win, which was certainly not expected, the whole team played like they cared, and they were far better organized.

As for Dell McGee someone mentioned, that dude gets over $1 million per year. Don't see that happening.

This is all speculation because I haven't seen the contract but if we are paying Key a million or more less than what we had budgeted for the new coach and are currently paying long 850k, find the best OC in the business and offer them 1.5-2 million.

Does the QB coach pass pro? Also, I saw QBs get better this season.
Agreed. Gibson looked like a significantly improved QB at uga than he did in his GT debut. And I'm really excited about Pyron. Couldn't imagine a more perfect fit for a Key-coached team, and excited to see what he can do as the starter next year (presumably).

How is 3-9, 3-7, 3-9, 1-3 with an immediate pivot to 4-4 not marked improvement? There were signs of improvement in every phase. Some smaller than others, but we'd expect those to come with time.

This is all speculation because I haven't seen the contract but if we are paying Key a million or more less than what we had budgeted for the new coach and are currently paying long 850k, find the best OC in the business and offer them 1.5-2 million.

What about Joe Brady? How much does an NFL position coach make?

Hey guys we need to hire an experience coach that has a history of building programs. No not those G5 program builders, they have no experience in P5... Let's hire Key and surround him with well paid experienced coordinators. We should make Weinke OC and keep Thacker as DC ...

Like holy öööö do you not hear yourselves? Y'all some schizoid MFers
You realize this is a board of individuals, right? All those opinions can be spoken without “the board” contradicting itself.

Back