Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

I'm not wild about the Key hire.
But if these are among his first decisions, they are overdue. He's at least on the right track.

Wasn't my first choice either, but at least he sees what is obvious and making the right decisions so far. What I'm really looking for is the right people in the right places. Not much effort to get rid of the offense staff. Weren't hardly any wheels left on that bus anyways.

Color me skeptical that less than one week of changed practice was sufficient to change what was going on with the team enough to beat Pitt. There was something else going on. I don’t know what it is, but 4 practices is not enough to suddenly instill fundamentals that have been missing for so long.
Pitt dropped 4 easy interceptions. Pitt played like dogshit, and we didn’t. That’s about all it was.

I'm not sold on goose. We all loved him as a player but we need to spend the money and get an established OC. We're already gambling on Key (smart bet in my opinion) and thacker to a lesser degree, let's get a proven OC in here no matter what it cost.

Looking at Goose's resume, he doesn't seem like the best hire for OC. If Cabrera is true to his word,. We'll be able to give Key the coordinators he needs to be successful.

I'm not sold on goose. We all loved him as a player but we need to spend the money and get an established OC. We're already gambling on Key (smart bet in my opinion) and thacker to a lesser degree, let's get a proven OC in here no matter what it cost.

Looking at Goose's resume, he doesn't seem like the best hire for OC. If Cabrera is true to his word,. We'll be able to give Key the coordinators he needs to be successful.
The question when it comes to something like this is while he can get Key what he needs, it may not be what Key wants. I don't know how good Godsey would be as an OC, but I do know the answer to that isn't why we'd hire him.

Everyone cool if I merge this with the other coordinator search thread?
Well… let me start a few different threads to see what everybody thinks.

And why do we continue to bring up George Godsey’s name? We are literally the only fan base of any football program in the country that has even mentioned his name in the last 20+ years.

Well… let me start a few different threads to see what everybody thinks.

And why do we continue to bring up George Godsey’s name? We are literally the only fan base of any football program in the country that has even mentioned his name in the last 20+ years.
I live in Houston and Texans fans mentioned his name but it wasn’t complementary

It's been rumored and even mentioned by Joe Hamilton on the radio that Weinke was calling plays for the last 2 games. I have no doubt that Weinke was more involved in the game plan and may have been responsible for it, but I know for a fact Long was calling the plays against UGAg. I saw him with the play sheet making the calls into the headset for the signal guys to send in. I never saw Weinke make them.
I noticed that too, seemed to be doing his normal job on gameday

Back