Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Nobody? I did. I wanted him to be offered the DC job, but he jumped to FSU. Kelley's always been a good coach. Hired by CCG to correct his ST issues and did so promptly. Then worked with DB (IIRC) and did well. He was interim DC after Groh got himself canned and did well.
FSU fans still hate the dude for the job he did there. Fair? Unfair? He’s had an up and down career. How he does with the buffs will be interesting to watch.

Anyone hearing that Buster Faulkner from UGA is going to be our new OC?

c2b5e452ef13d2129814d55f2a0469e1.jpg

I have faith in Coach Key and the decisions he makes putting his staff together. Let's show some patience and get behind him.
I agree. Its already been established that Key was given a very large increase in the amount he could use to assemble the staff that he wants. Maybe these guys are really good but for whatever reason have not made into the boys club. Like some others, I'm a bit curious why Key feels like he can hire position coaches before hiring an OC but perhaps the OC is already chosen (but being kept quiet) and the future OC is telling Key who he wants.

Something is not in the expected sequential order of things but all will be known by early Jan.

“ThIS hIRe iS UndErWHelMiNg”

There are 131 FBS schools and no one on this board can name five OL coaches off the top their head. Y’all wouldn’t know a good hire from a bad hire. Just chill out and let Key fill out his staff.

I hope Wade does a good job for us. But, I am not overwhelmed by the choice. The 20/21 O-lines at App State were outstanding. They were incredibly athletic and impressive to see in person. They blocked outside zone as well as any line because they were so mobile and agile. Their coach then was Nic Cardwell. He went to coach at Louisville and Wade came in for ‘22 - and most would say offensive production declined.

Back