Official Coordinators Search And News Thread

Friggin' Millennials

73e5c650b84d5a96f40e93b1d7c29c86.jpg
Toot! Toot!

I thinking we are about to see most if not all of that increase spent on support staff. We are way behind in that area and in reality beefing up that side of the staff makes more sense than giving a lot of dollars to an OC and a DC. Think offensive and defensive analysts, recruiting staff, dieticians, more strength coaches....etc.

I hope Wade does a good job for us. But, I am not overwhelmed by the choice. The 20/21 O-lines at App State were outstanding. They were incredibly athletic and impressive to see in person. They blocked outside zone as well as any line because they were so mobile and agile. Their coach then was Nic Cardwell. He went to coach at Louisville and Wade came in for ‘22 - and most would say offensive production declined.
How much player turnover occured between 21 and 22?

According to JacketsOnline, Geep Wade from ApState is our new OL coach.
Great Hire!!! I am excited to see what he can do on the Flats!
Geep Wade file: (JEEP)
This past season, Appalachian State finished third in the Sun Belt Conference in rushing offense at 204.4 yards per game. The Mountaineers’ 5.2 yards-per-rush average was highest in the league. Three linemen earned all-conference recognition. The year prior, the team averaged 189.1 rushing yards per game and 4.6 yards per carry.

In 2021, despite significant offensive injuries, Wade helped Georgia Southern average 193.5 rushing yards per game

Prior to his arrival in the Sun Belt, in his coordinator role at UT Martin, the Skyhawks averaged 400-plus yards of offense and gave up just 19 sacks in 11 games.

At East Carolina. Wade immediately contributed at ECU as the Pirates stood among the FBS’s Top 25 in four different offensive statistical categories in 2016 - rating 6th in passing, 11th in completion percentage, 22nd in fourth down conversion percentage and 23rd in total offense. Meanwhile in 2017, the Pirate passing offense also ranked amongst the nation’s leaders with 317.9 yards per game which ranked 12th while allowing just 1.25 sacks on the season which ranked 17th. Wade’s line was an integral part of an offensive unit that produced the second-highest single-season passing attack in school history with an average of 334.7 air yards per game. East Carolina also generated 5,605 yards of offense (467.1 ypg) during his first year in Greenville, which rated as the fourth-highest seasonal total in the program’s record books. In all, the Pirates surpassed the 400-yard milestone in 11 of 12 games.

At Middle Tennessee where he concluded his tenure in 2015 with a stellar offensive performance which included 5,946 total yards and school records for passing yardage and touchdowns. His blockers paved the way for an aerial attack that ranked 15th nationally with an average of 311.7 yards per game, a year after his group opened holes for a unit that ranked 30th in the FBS in rushing in 2014. In addition, his crew was among the nation’s toughest to penetrate, rating 15th in fewest tackles for loss allowed and 22nd in fewest sacks surrendered. In all, the Blue Raiders amassed over 5,000 yards of offense in each of Wade’s three seasons at Middle Tennessee.

At Marshall he coached the offensive line in 2012. His 2012 squad helped Marshall register 365.0 passing yards per game (first in FBS), 534.2 yards of total offense (sixth) and 40.9 points a game (seventh), all Conference USA highs. His line also withstood the pounding of an FBS-high 90.6 plays per game that generated 24 rushing touchdowns. The offense also produced just over 20 plays of 10 yards or longer per game to lead the nation.

Coaching Experience
2022:
App State (Offensive line)
2021: Georgia Southern (Offensive line)
2018: UT Martin (Offensive coordinator/Offensive line)
2016-17: East Carolina (Offensive line)
2013-15: Middle Tennessee (Offensive line)
2012: Marshall (Offensive line)
2010-11: Chattanooga (Offensive line/recruiting coordinator)
2009: UT Martin (Offensive coordinator/offensive line)
2006-08: UT Martin (Offensive line/Run game coordinator)
2005: Midwestern State (Offensive line)
2005: Western Carolina (Offensive line)
2004: Tennessee (Graduate assistant)
2003: Mars Hill (Offensive line/Recruiting coordinator)
2002: Chattanooga (Restricted earnings)

Playing Experience
1999-2001:
Chattanooga (OL)

I thinking we are about to see most if not all of that increase spent on support staff. We are way behind in that area and in reality beefing up that side of the staff makes more sense than giving a lot of dollars to an OC and a DC. Think offensive and defensive analysts, recruiting staff, dieticians, more strength coaches....etc.
i hope some of that huge football cost savings and new funding will go to the next basketball coach because that is also an area of great need.

Any rumors on OC? JBatt must be have put the leaks on lock. Been unusually quiet. At least it seems so to me.

It does seem strange. This is when the coaches should be making a final push for recruits before early signing day. As some have speculated, it might be that OQC guy from the mutts, which would make sense since they're still playing.

A rumor-spreader I know who seems to have been right SOME times in the past told me yesterday Kevin Barbay at Ap State and Buster Faulkner at Southern Miss, with Faulkner the front-runner. Take that for what it might be worth.

A rumor-spreader I know who seems to have been right SOME times in the past told me yesterday Kevin Barbay at Ap State and Buster Faulkner at Southern Miss, with Faulkner the front-runner. Take that for what it might be worth.
Part of me wonders if that could have been part of the conversation Key had with Kirby.

Those are the 2. Situation with Faulkner could be delicate as he may want to stay on through the playoffs, or he may even end up a candidate to take over as OC there if Monken gets hired away.

Those are the 2. Situation with Faulkner could be delicate as he may want to stay on through the playoffs, or he may even end up a candidate to take over as OC there if Monken gets hired away.

Are we happy about these?

Back