Official Option maggots vs No-option maggots Battleground Thread

No one should be taken seriously that compares the situation Ross walked into to the one Collins did. People's memory seem to have been lost to time.

They don't belong in the same sentence in any comparison. Stop this talk.

not comparing the situations, which were similar, but am comparing the fans. Stop trying to derail the thread.

not comparing the situations, which were similar, but am comparing the fans. Stop trying to derail the thread.
You’ve demonstrated more than once in this thread you have select amnesia.

This thread is ööööing dumb anyway. House of ööööing horrors.

NO WE F'ING DIDN'T, YOU IMBECILIC MORON! We have never had an extra $20 million laying around. My good Lord, you're a moron. If we had that kind of money laying around, we would have paid down the debt on the stadium so we wouldn't be in such financial straights from that, you dumbass.
“Stansbury did have at his disposal the resources to make a change if he felt necessary”. WTF do you think that means? Well in your words you IMBECILIC MORON it means we had the money to make a change if Stansbury wanted to. There was no “lack of money” holding him back.

In case you guys didn’t read this, here it is again. Stansbury stood by his man & is willing to go down with him. Take it for what it’s worth but I think that means Thacker is out soon. I also believe the coaching search is still ongoing, it’s just we have no takers, at least none we want.

It’s really unbelievable to me that you guys PRACTICALLY LIVE ON HERE and yet have absolutely no clue about impactful pieces such as this that were discussed here ad nauseum.

You all keep standing by your men. I’m done trying to educate you tonight.

stand-by-your-man.gif

Me defending Collins

“Stansbury did have at his disposal the resources to make a change if he felt necessary”. WTF do you think that means? Well in your words you IMBECILIC MORON it means we had the money to make a change if Stansbury wanted to. There was no “lack of money” holding him back.
What does it mean? It means we could have mortgaged the future even more to pay out the buyout and then had no money to go pay someonea minimum of $6 million per year for at least a 4 year contract, which is what it would have taken at this point to even get an "up and comer", you dumb twat.

Jesus, I would think a GT guy could understand that having "funds at your disposal" doesn't mean you can actually afford to use them. I have credit cards with outrageous credit limits on them. But that doesn't mean I can afford to go out and load them up every month. If I did that, I'd be in debt....LIKE GT FOOTBALL IS. And when you're in a hole and want to get out, the very first step to doing that is to stop digging the frigging hole deeper.

And, LOL., you couldn't educate someone with a room full of teachers to help you. Moron. Go cry in the corner some more like a little girl.

I'll throw this in for you as well so you don't feel alone while you're crying.
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Last edited:
If you could recruit mid-pack ACC with that, maybe you'd have something?
This is my entire point, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask at all. CPJ took Gailey‘s mostly mid-pack ACC roster and dominated with it. Ironically, if CPJ had someone like CGC around to improve recruiting and marketing, I think 2010+ would’ve looked completely different.

Obviously I’m a fan of Paul Johnson, but I think it’s kind of ridiculous to rule out an entire offensive scheme altogether just because one cantankerous old dude didn’t recruit well.

I think your right about that, It seemed like Ted Roof improved our defensive recruiting a good bit when he came in as DC for CPJ

This is my entire point, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask at all. CPJ took Gailey‘s mostly mid-pack ACC roster and dominated with it. Ironically, if CPJ had someone like CGC around to improve recruiting and marketing, I think 2010+ would’ve looked completely different.

Obviously I’m a fan of Paul Johnson, but I think it’s kind of ridiculous to rule out an entire offensive scheme altogether just because one cantankerous old dude didn’t recruit well.

This. Maybe if he'd gotten more recruiting resources, he'd have done better. He pulled in vad lee by showing an openness to adapt - obviously cpj didn't keep the change, but guys like bohannon and monken have been much more open to adapting the offense and might have the personality to better sell the program.

I agree it's not the only way forward, but it's one that has a history of success here. On top of that, how many wr did cpi put in the NFL? 2 from gailey (baybay & cone) and 2 of his own (hill & waller). I'm still a bit surprised that smelter didn't make it, but that's another matter. The point being that with the right support and adapting the offense, perhaps it's one that can pull in good wr to balance it out.

I agree it's not the only way forward, but it's one that has a history of success here. On top of that, how many wr did cpi put in the NFL? 2 from gailey (baybay & cone) and 2 of his own (hill & waller). I'm still a bit surprised that smelter didn't make it, but that's another matter. The point being that with the right support and adapting the offense, perhaps it's one that can pull in good wr to balance it out.
No, it's not THE one with a history of success here. We have won 4 national championships at GT. None of them were running the triple option. We won in 1990 running an offense that was part pro-set, part option. The difference was recruiting and coaching then and now.

And I know you guys want it to be so but there is literally no example anywhere of a P5 conference running the TO and recruiting at a high level. Regardless of my opinion of the offense or yours, the perception of it with high school recruits seems to be that it doesn't not enhance their chances to play in the NFL.

This page just keeps going and going and going and going Lmaoooo

someone start another thread with pretty much the same title and we can start all over again

How is Coastal Carolinas’s recruiting compared to their peers?

No, it's not THE one with a history of success here. We have won 4 national championships at GT. None of them were running the triple option. We won in 1990 running an offense that was part pro-set, part option. The difference was recruiting and coaching then and now.

And I know you guys want it to be so but there is literally no example anywhere of a P5 conference running the TO and recruiting at a high level. Regardless of my opinion of the offense or yours, the perception of it with high school recruits seems to be that it doesn't not enhance their chances to play in the NFL.

And that perception is right.

Between CTE issues, knee issues, and wanting to protect high-$$$ QBs as much as possible, the NFL is clearly moving away from the type of football required to play an Option-schemed offense and everyone else is following suit. Given this and the decline of football participation in general at the lower levels, there's no way the Option is ever coming back to college football as anything more than a service-academy gimmick a trick play set in a playbook. Kids don't want to play it. Parents don't want kids playing it, or football in general.

If the game is checkers, it's stupid to be playing chess instead.

This thread is funny.

Unless we come up with serious NIL money, you can forget any 5* athletes coming to GT ever. Same goes with almost all 4* athletes, especially the higher ranked ones.

We are gonna be recruiting scraps now. We were kind of before, but some recruits could be sold on GT and Atlanta. Now, cash will be king. Alabama will be able to step into momma's living room and just outbid us by a mile if they have a specific need.

How is Coastal Carolinas’s recruiting compared to their peers?

Improving:

2020 class: 100th nationally; 5th in Sunbelt. 0.8152 average recruit rating
2021 class: 81st nationally: 3rd in Sunbelt .08277 average recruit rating
2022 class: 72nd nationally; 2nd in Sunbelt. 0.844 average recruit rating.

So they have gone from a low-3 star average to a mid 3-star average recruit.

I decided to check their statistics from last year because I haven't actually watched them play.

40.92 PPG
Rushing: 509 attempts for 2,974 yards
Passing: 322 attempts for 3,457 yards

They also had a Tight End with 912 receiving yards and their QB threw for 27 TDs and 3 INT.

If this is an option offense, it is a different beast from CPJ's.

Last edited:

That is what some of us have been arguing for on here for the past 3 seasons; but the minute you type the word option you are label "CPJ lover" and wanting to return to the Flexbone. I don't think most of us wanted to return to the flexbone; but we didn't want to totally abandon anything with an option to it and rip the bandaid off running an offense we didn't have the personnel for either. Too many posters on here think the word 'option' is solely associated with PJ's offense.

I hope the new OC will implement an offense that fits the personnel instead of ripping the bandaid off and running whatever his pet offense is regardless of if we can or not.

I didn't say "the" as i wasn't implying any kind of exclusivity. Im not sure why you added it in your reply.

I don't disagree on the perception either. I was pointing out that we seemed to have some ability for changing the perception with "wru" and the guys we had put in the NFL, but it would've required a lot more work to continue that and most likely would've required someone other than cpj leading it.

I'd like to have it back, but as I think several of us have said it's not the only way.

That is what some of us have been arguing for on here for the past 3 seasons; but the minute you type the word option you are label "CPJ lover" and wanting to return to the Flexbone. I don't think most of us wanted to return to the flexbone; but we didn't want to totally abandon anything with an option to it and rip the bandaid off running an offense we didn't have the personnel for either. Too many posters on here think the word 'option' is solely associated with PJ's offense.

I hope the new OC will implement an offense that fits the personnel instead of ripping the bandaid off and running whatever his pet offense is regardless of if we can or not.

I do wonder if we may be better off with a zone blocking based option like Oregon. I think Monken is still running a man blocking even out of shotgun sets.

It does seem like pnode had abandoned most option concepts which I don't understand as they tended to be our more successful play calls in 19&20.

I'm certainly not qualified to speak for all posters on her but I don't have any personal friends who think this way. We don't care what we run as long as it allows us to recruit athletes that allow us to compete at a high level with the teams we play, as well as perform well offensively once they're on campus. And I agree one thousand percent with the underlined statement from above and I think everyone else agrees with that as well.

One of my chief complaints with Pnaude was that we weren't using our mobile, athletic QBs to run an option play when it was 3rd and a yard or two for a first down. Put a damn RB behind the guy and run a freaking option some of the time. And occasionally have the QB pull up and chuck it downfield if they start overplaying the option on short yardage plays.

Back