Official Option maggots vs No-option maggots Battleground Thread

2 years ago? Hell, I wanted to give him a shot 2 years ago.

You probably wanted Boss Ross fired after the '87 season.
It's funny but the conversations at that time in the stands were A LOT like they are now. Granted, Ross had proven success at Maryland but the argument I kept hearing was "that doesn't mean he can do it at Tech; we're different". Amazingly, you didn't hear that kind of talk in the second half of 89 or during/after the 90 season.

2 years ago? Hell, I wanted to give him a shot 2 years ago. The guy inherited the most-bare cupboard in GT football history.

Ross had a track record of success at a high level, both college and NFL. Some of you all are ignorant. Ross didn’t spend all his time at Hofstra, Georgetown, Holy Cross, etc. I’m glad we got Long, but if you all want to go back to Goober hope he finds a D2 job soon for you all to go slobber over him.

Some of you all are ignorant.
pot-kettle.gif

Hit the send button inadvertently. I was ecstatic Curry left and was overjoyed to have Ross. 2 years is all it takes to turn a öööö show around if you’re competent and that’s what it took him. We’re going into year 4 here and people still want to keep Thacker, Goober, etc. At the end of year 4, you’re all gonna be on here telling us we need 2 more years of suck ass football because of Wuflu, didn’t get all the players he wanted and every other sorry ass excuse you all got. This dwag ain’t hunting no matter how hard you want him to.

It's funny but the conversations at that time in the stands were A LOT like they are now. Granted, Ross had proven success at Maryland but the argument I kept hearing was "that doesn't mean he can do it at Tech; we're different". Amazingly, you didn't hear that kind of talk in the second half of 89 or during/after the 90 season.

I was a FR and remember thinking "Man, we suck" but hells bells, it was the guy's first year!

Ross had a track record of success at a high level, both college and NFL. Some of you all are ignorant. Ross didn’t spend all his time at Hofstra, Georgetown, Holy Cross, etc. I’m glad we got Long, but if you all want to go back to Goober hope he finds a D2 job soon for you all to go slobber over him.

I said 2 years ago, Chachi, not now. Track record or no, you would've been calling for Ross' head after the first season.

Not sure what sort of mental gymnastics you haters go through to equate "I supported CGC when he was hired and had no talent whatsoever to work with, before it became apparent that he can't coach" to the still wanting him around after it's become clear he's not head-coach material. Literally no one is happy with him so STFU and stop pretending that people still are, Abe Simpson

hardware-cloud-1280x720.jpg

Hit the send button inadvertently. I was ecstatic Curry left and was overjoyed to have Ross. 2 years is all it takes to turn a öööö show around if you’re competent and that’s what it took him. We’re going into year 4 here and people still want to keep Thacker, Goober, etc. At the end of year 4, you’re all gonna be on here telling us we need 2 more years of suck ass football because of Wuflu, didn’t get all the players he wanted and every other sorry ass excuse you all got. This dwag ain’t hunting no matter how hard you want him to.

Who? Who are these people? Names or STFU.

"Wanting to keep 'em" is different from "Resigned to the reality that we ARE keeping him for at least one more year"

Making dwag references doesn't help your argument, btw.

I was a FR and remember thinking "Man, we suck" but hells bells, it was the guy's first year!
Anyone who sat thru the Curry years had to have a lot of patience. Ross 1st year was rough but having Curry gone more than made up for it. Year 2 he had a bad record but a lot of close losses. I know the history of the big locker room meeting year 3, but how we hung all season despite not winning was a sign of better things ahead. Ross had that pedigree.

Who? Who are these people? Names or STFU.

"Wanting to keep 'em" is different from "Resigned to the reality that we ARE keeping him for at least one more year"

Making dwag references doesn't help your argument, btw.
We had the money to replace every coach we wanted to replace including the HC.

It was clear after year 1 Goober was way over his head. I was still on the fence about Thacker until the end of the 2nd season. Key I figured this was the year he’d definitely have a decent OL. Nope he needs to go with the others. Frankly I’d have taken out G*C* first and let the new guys reorg the staff, but if we can sideshuffle Thacker as is being rumored and hire decent DC, then maybe G*C* won’t have any responsibilities running the team and we can get back to being competitive despite him still being here.

You keep hanging onto Goober. He’s gone. I’m happy as we upgraded (wasn’t hard at all, sorry). We’ll be a better team not having his sorry ass on the sidelines looking clueless.

It was clear after year 1 Goober was way over his head. I was still on the fence about Thacker until the end of the 2nd season. Key I figured this was the year he’d definitely have a decent OL. Nope he needs to go with the others. Frankly I’d have taken out G*C* first and let the new guys reorg the staff, but if we can sideshuffle Thacker as is being rumored and hire decent DC, then maybe G*C* won’t have any responsibilities running the team and we can get back to being competitive despite him still being here.

You keep hanging onto Goober. He’s gone. I’m happy as we upgraded (wasn’t hard at all, sorry). We’ll be a better team not having his sorry ass on the sidelines looking clueless.

Way to dodge my question, which I'll ask again:

Who still wants this gang around? Continued avoidance of this question on your part proves what anyone reading this thread already knows: You're just making öööö up at this point.

and how could you be on the fence re: Thacker? He's sucked since Day 1. Anyone can see that! I can't believe you still want him around and probably want him to be our next HC, with Key as OC!

WTH is your problem, you Clown Coach Lover???? How could you have EVER supported CGC and why do you continue to do so????

(you see how ööööing stupid it all sounds now?)

NO WE F'ING DIDN'T, YOU IMBECILIC MORON! We have never had an extra $20 million laying around. My good Lord, you're a moron. If we had that kind of money laying around, we would have paid down the debt on the stadium so we wouldn't be in such financial straights from that, you dumbass.

It's also worth noting that Collins' contract called for 100% of the value of the remaining money in his contract to paid out IF he were fired within the first four years. So if we had fired him after year 1, we'd have owed him $20 million. If we had fired him before this season, it would have been in the roughly $14+ million range. AFTER this upcoming season, if he's fired, he only receives $2.4 per year for the remaining years on the contract. So the buyout drops down to $7.2M after this season.

Liberty - when you say "Goober" aren't you talking about "Pnope"? Because I think Dabuzz and RW92 are defending "Goober" because they think Goober is Geoff Collins.

I could be wrong; but the argument and retorts make more sense to me if you guys are arguing and defending different people.

Liberty - when you say "Goober" aren't you talking about "Pnope"? Because I think Dabuzz and RW92 are defending "Goober" because they think Goober is Geoff Collins.

I could be wrong; but the argument and retorts make more sense to me if you guys are arguing and defending different people.

I'm not defending any coaches. I freely admit to supporting the hire when it happened and after year 1. That doesn't translate to continued happiness, regardless of how hard @Liberty tries to make that translation.

Frankly, it's kinda weird that...no matter what anyone says...the guy continues to believe that tens of millions of GT fans love Coach Collins even in the complete absence of any data whatsoever to support such an asinine belief. But we're stuck with him another year so continued complaining just makes the complainer look like a ööööing whiny little bitch.

Watch - he'll respond to this by claiming I love the guy.

I'm not defending any coaches. I freely admit to supporting the hire when it happened and after year 1. That doesn't translate to continued happiness, regardless of how hard @Liberty tries to make that translation.

Frankly, it's kinda weird that...no matter what anyone says...the guy continues to believe that tens of millions of GT fans love Coach Collins even in the complete absence of any data whatsoever to support such an asinine belief. But we're stuck with him another year so continued complaining just makes the complainer look like a ööööing whiny little bitch.

Watch - he'll respond to this by claiming I love the guy.

CGC's contract/buyout mean zippo if you talking about firing Pnope after year 1 though, which is why I think you guys are arguing past each other.

Can you quote 1 post where someone actually wanted to keep Pnode?

CGC's contract/buyout mean zippo if you talking about firing Pnope after year 1 though, which is why I think you guys are arguing past each other.

I think Thacker is worse than PDope, not that either are worth a damn. PDope definitely needed to go though.

Why the hell would I not want to fire Pnode? There wasn't an albatross of a buyout on him like there is on Collins and our offense was predictable AF. I'm glad to get Long and hope he does such a good job that we score 223 versus the mutts so that the new record for worst ass whipping goes on them and not Cumberland College.

2 years ago? Hell, I wanted to give him a shot 2 years ago. The guy inherited the most-bare cupboard in GT football history.

No one should be taken seriously that compares the situation Ross walked into to the one Collins did. People's memory seem to have been lost to time.

They don't belong in the same sentence in any comparison. Stop this talk.

Last edited:
Back