Official Option maggots vs No-option maggots Battleground Thread

"just take away the best seasons that Paul Johnson had and ACTUALLY HE SUCKED LMAO CHECKMATE WE JUST NEED TO OUT-RECRUIT TEXAS BRO"

georgia tech fans are ööööing irredeemable. This fanbase ööööing deserves what it gets. You're all ööööing retarded
Don't lump all of us in with the outliers

4 games in 11 years? Yeah, we were great at 2 minute offense. /sarcasm

Who is consistently successful with 2 minute drives? It seems to me that if you're good enough to be successful at the 2 min drives, you probably won't need to be because you would've scored enough for the rest of the half/game.

Ok, so we didn’t have hardly any drives inside of two minutes because we didn’t need them… or we didn’t have the chance… like what’s your point? Your only argument is our defense sucks so therefore the TO sucks

Like, my point is our 2 minute offense under PJ sucked for the most part. You initially stated that it was ööööing awesome. It wasn't. you then provided no real data to support your emotional claim and are now butthurt and lashing out.

I've not made any argument whatsoever about PJ's defense. I agree - it sucked donkey balls and was another reason to get the öööö away from the program-killing, one-sided TO. öööö that scheme - I'm glad it's gone and hope it never comes back

Show me one season where our offense was the reason we were losing, just one

Hell, the defense was never "THE" reason - only the most noticeable one. You gonna blame the Defense for the losses to Duke & UNC in 2014? Or the D for 2017/18, the 2 seasons where the only single play we ran was the Taquon "Dawgfan" Marshall QB Keeper? Maybe the 24-10 loss to Clemson in 2017? I mean, 10 pts should be enough to beat Clemson, right? ööööing Defense giving up 24 pts to the ööööty Tigers!!

The D sucked though. No one wanted to play for GT's D, knowing they were gonna be avoiding cut blocks all year. Since the D is part of our team, it's just more proof that the TO is no longer fit for P5 football.

KSU season ticket sales probably start soon. You should call up there and get some good seats for your favorite team and scheme.

Thanks for posting. That doesn't seem right to me, so I'll ha e to see what their breakdown of SoS is. Iirc CPJ beat more top25 & top10 teams and with had better records, so I'm not sure how they reached that conclusion.

And we also lost to MTSU and struggled to beat Duke, etc. We were very mediocre throughout the CPJ era.

The Duke years were Duke's best in decades and they were often an 8 win team in that time period. Comparing them to mtsu is pretty dishonest framing. Mtsu and AF losses were bad, but also apparently outliers.

Like, my point is our 2 minute offense under PJ sucked for the most part. You initially stated that it was ööööing awesome. It wasn't. you then provided no real data to support your emotional claim and are now butthurt and lashing out.

I've not made any argument whatsoever about PJ's defense. I agree - it sucked donkey balls and was another reason to get the öööö away from the program-killing, one-sided TO. öööö that scheme - I'm glad it's gone and hope it never comes back
I never said it was awesome, I said it didn’t suck. You’re bashing the TO and saying it sucked, but it was just the defense that sucked

Who is consistently successful with 2 minute drives? It seems to me that if you're good enough to be successful at the 2 min drives, you probably won't need to be because you would've scored enough for the rest of the half/game.

There's 2-minute opportunity prior to the end of every 1st half of football that we mostly sucked at too. 2-minute situations aren't relegated to only late in the 4th qtr, needing to score.

1641177699216.png

I never said it was awesome, I said it didn’t suck. You’re bashing the TO and saying it sucked, but it was just the defense that sucked

You very-clearly put the TO on a pretty big pedetal and have been fellating it ever since:

CarsonNewmanJacket said:
Not necessarily. In a normal spread or air raid offense, the defense can counter certain passing or running concepts. In the TO, if ran correctly, the defense will always be wrong.

The TO puts up great rushing stats. It's not great at passing and, in the 11 years we watched it, had mostly horrific defenses. It's mostly poor at moving the ball quickly into scoring range in 2-minute situations.

But yes, it's great at piling up rushing yards and killing the clock when you get a lead. It will absolutely blast cupcakes and most teams seeing it for the first time. We had some great games under it and it provided some great years and memories.

Hell, the defense was never "THE" reason - only the most noticeable one. You gonna blame the Defense for the losses to Duke & UNC in 2014? Or the D for 2017/18, the 2 seasons where the only single play we ran was the Taquon "Dawgfan" Marshall QB Keeper? Maybe the 24-10 loss to Clemson in 2017? I mean, 10 pts should be enough to beat Clemson, right? ööööing Defense giving up 24 pts to the ööööty Tigers!!
Other than Clemson, yes. Tennessee I wanna say we were up 17 or 24 on them and let them come back. UNC we already had a game winning drive and then our D blew it. Duke we had almost 500 yards.

You very-clearly put the TO on a pretty big pedetal and have been fellating it ever since:

The TO puts up great rushing stats. It's not great at passing and, in the 11 years we watched it, had mostly horrific defenses. It's mostly poor at moving the ball quickly into scoring range in 2-minute situations.

But yes, it's great at piling up rushing yards and killing the clock when you get a lead. It will absolutely blast cupcakes and most teams seeing it for the first time. We had some great games under it and it provided some great years and memories.
When talking about 2 minute offenses I never said it was awesome, keep up with your own convo…

The bellyseries is synonymous with Tech tradition. The last coach to run it well was GOL with RF. Why is that not a good thing? Run well ala Little Joe it's very effective. Why shouldn't we do more of that?

Other than Clemson, yes. Tennessee I wanna say we were up 17 or 24 on them and let them come back. UNC we already had a game winning drive and then our D blew it. Duke we had almost 500 yards.

we only scored 25 pts against Duke. Esp. given how godawful even that year's D was, 25 pts wasn't going to be enough.

There are a number of other times the O came up short. 2013 game 1 vs VPI being notable. D played out of its ass and held VPI to 17 pts in ööööty Blacksburg. PJ could only put up 10.

The bellyseries is synonymous with Tech tradition. The last coach to run it well was GOL with RF. Why is that not a good thing? Run well ala Little Joe it's very effective. Why shouldn't we do more of that?

Those balanced attacks were fun to watch. Having JoeHam, Kelly Campbell, Dez White, and Kerry Watkins helped lol

we only scored 25 pts against Duke. Esp. given how godawful even that year's D was, 25 pts wasn't going to be enough.

There are a number of other times the O came up short. 2013 game 1 vs VPI being notable.
That doesn’t help when your starting QB gets a concussion and tries to play through it and has two picks. That’s not the systems fault.

Virginia Tech was one of the best defenses in 2013. And I like how you say a number of times and name one.

Iirc, we ran a good bit of belly series out of the flex in 16.

That doesn’t help when your starting QB gets a concussion and tries to play through it and has two picks. That’s not the systems fault.

Virginia Tech was one of the best defenses in 2013. And I like how you say a number of times and name one.

I don't have all night to review all 11 years worth of games with you. Injuries are part of football. Every team gets 'em. Some deal with 'em better than others. I listed 2 off the top of my head that you make excuses for rather than admitting that perhaps the TO is as beatable as other schemes. And who gives a öööö how good VPI's D was in 2013? You said the TO is unbeatable by any defensive scheme. We should've been able to choke out more than 10 points that night if that's the case. B-back Dive left, B-back Dive right, QB Keeper on 3rd down. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't have all night to review all 11 years worth of games with you. Injuries are part of football. Every team gets 'em. Some deal with 'em better than others. I listed 2 off the top of my head that you make excuses for rather than admitting that perhaps the TO is as beatable as other schemes.x
Pretty much all of our losses with TO was purely defense. That’s why you can’t name a ton off the top of your head. Now if we want to look at the Collins era of spread football I can name 3 losses off the top of my head the offense sucked, really sucked.

Pretty much all of our losses with TO was purely defense. That’s why you can’t name a ton off the top of your head. Now if we want to look at the Collins era of spread football I can name 3 losses off the top of my head the offense sucked, really sucked.

Go bitch in another of @Akinji07 's threads if you want to bitch about Collins. The guy's a clown coach but we're not talking about him here.

The TO's effects on GT football are not isolated to the offensive side of the football. There's a reason we had dismal defenses even though we went thru DCs the way your mom goes thru boyfriends: talented HS Defensive kids didn't want to play defense in a TO scheme. They didn't want to practice against it, as they knew it was both a pain in the ass, leaping over cut blocks plus it was no ticket to the NFL whatsoever, like most of the TO's offense too. The effect was a cascading one: If the TO didn't come out and get a lead quickly, it ended up playing from behind, something it was NOT meant to do. Plenty of losses were the result of that too. Once we got 14+ down, game over under the TO.

Back