Official Option maggots vs No-option maggots Battleground Thread

Go bitch in another of @Akinji07 's threads if you want to bitch about Collins. The guy's a clown coach but we're not talking about him here.

The TO's effects on GT football are not isolated to the offensive side of the football. There's a reason we had dismal defenses even though we went thru DCs the way your mom goes thru boyfriends: talented HS Defensive kids didn't want to play defense in a TO scheme. They didn't want to practice against it, as they knew it was both a pain in the ass, leaping over cut blocks plus it was no ticket to the NFL whatsoever, like most of the TO's offense too. For as many rushing yards and A-backs as we had, we sure didn't have many GT RBs make the NFL under PJ.
He literally made this thread to talk about different schemes…

And now you’re saying that the offense kills the defense? How do you not see this? And we had a good amount of defensive guys under CPJ make the NFL. And yeah, we didn’t have a ton of RBs in the NFL because we used around 6 or 7 in a game… we didn’t have true studs other than Roddy, Tashard, and a few others. But we made those average running backs look great. Robby Godhigh was one of the most electric running backs in America and he didn’t have any offers other than us.

He literally made this thread to talk about different schemes…

And now you’re saying that the offense kills the defense? How do you not see this? And we had a good amount of defensive guys under CPJ make the NFL. And yeah, we didn’t have a ton of RBs in the NFL because we used around 6 or 7 in a game… we didn’t have true studs other than Roddy, Tashard, and a few others. But we made those average running backs look great. Robby Godhigh was one of the most electric running backs in America and he didn’t have any offers other than us.

Tashard Choice didn't play a down under PJ. Define what a "good amount of defensive guys under PJ make the NFL" is. PJ put almost no one in the NFL that he recruited personally.

this thread is the official Option-Maggots vs Non-Option-Maggots thread. You wanna bitch about Collins, have fun repeating the same whiny crap you & the PJ Fan Club have all been circle-jerking each other with for the past 2 months.

No one disagrees.

Games lost due to offense in CPJ era:

2008 VT
2008 Gardner Webb (counting it for obvious reasons)
2008 UVA
2008 UNC
2008 LSU
2009 Miami
2009 Iowa
2010 Clemson
2010 Miami
2010 Air Force
2011 Miami
2011 UGA
2012 VT
2012 BYU
2012 UGA
2012 FSU
2013 VT
2013 UGA (2nd half)
2013 Ole Miss
2015 ND
2015 Duke
2015 UGA
2016 Clemson
2017 Clemson
2017 UGA
2018 Pitt
2018 Duke
2018 Minnesota

The thing is the offensive production won a lot of games where the defense sucked and that became an expectation, but gosh it was ugly when the offense stalled.

Tashard Choice didn't play a down under PJ. Define what a "good amount of defensive guys under PJ make the NFL" is. PJ put almost no one in the NFL that he recruited personally.

this thread is the official Option-Maggots vs Non-Option-Maggots thread. You wanna bitch about Collins, have fun repeating the same whiny crap you & the PJ Fan Club have all been circle-jerking each other with for the past 2 months.

No one disagrees.
Didn’t mean Tashard, I kinda just typed that on accident.

PJ had Attaouchu, Jemea, Brandon Watts, Adam Gotsis and DJ White all drafted.

And yeah, I know what this thread is. You’ve been ööööting on the option when it’s not the option that is the problem. It’s the defense.

2008 VT
2008 UVA
2008 UNC
2008 LSU
2009 Miami
2009 Iowa
2010 Clemson
2010 Miami
2010 Air Force
2011 Miami
2011 UGA
2012 VT
2012 BYU
2012 UGA
2012 FSU
2013 VT
2013 UGA (2nd half)
2013 Ole Miss
2015 ND
2015 Duke
2015 UGA
2016 Clemson
2017 Clemson
2017 UGA
2018 Pitt
2018 Duke
2018 Minnesota

The thing is the offensive production won a lot of games where the defense sucked and that became an expectation, but gosh it was ugly when the offense stalled.
28/143 is less than 1/5. Granted it’s not great, and I’m not saying PJ was the best of coaches, but he was a good one. Our offense had to take over for our defense a TON.

2008 VT
2008 UVA
2008 UNC
2008 LSU
2009 Miami
2009 Iowa
2010 Clemson
2010 Miami
2010 Air Force
2011 Miami
2011 UGA
2012 VT
2012 BYU
2012 UGA
2012 FSU
2013 VT
2013 UGA (2nd half)
2013 Ole Miss
2015 ND
2015 Duke
2015 UGA
2016 Clemson
2017 Clemson
2017 UGA
2018 Pitt
2018 Duke
2018 Minnesota

:bowdown:

now prepare for :crapstorm:

Didn’t mean Tashard, I kinda just typed that on accident.

PJ had Attaouchu, Jemea, Brandon Watts, Adam Gotsis and DJ White all drafted.

And yeah, I know what this thread is. You’ve been ööööting on the option when it’s not the option that is the problem. It’s the defense.

Poor defense is a symptom of the TO's effect on the entirety of the program, regardless of your inability to grasp that. Plus, @BainbridgeJacket posted a good # of games that were failures of the offense.

PS: Joe Hamilton didn't play for PJ either -just wanna get that out of the way, as you've now listed Megatron and Choice as TO guys.

Poor defense is a symptom of the TO's effect on the entirety of the program, regardless of your inability to grasp that. Plus, @BainbridgeJacket posted a good # of games that were failures of the offense.

PS: Joe Hamilton didn't play for PJ either -just wanna get that out of the way, as you've now listed Megatron and Choice as TO guys.
And did you not see what I said about his post? That’s 28/145 games. Please tell me our offense was sooooooooo bad when 1 out of every 5 games we lost a game because of them.

I’ve never listed Calvin as a TO guy, I literally only said Tashard, and I didn’t even mean to say him. Is this gonna be your only argument is exaggeration of a slip of mind? Seems kind of weak if you ask me.

And did you not see what I said about his post? That’s 28/145 games. Please tell me our offense was sooooooooo bad when 1 out of every 5 games we lost a game because of them.

I’ve never listed Calvin as a TO guy, I literally only said Tashard, and I didn’t even mean to say him. Is this gonna be your only argument is exaggeration of a slip of mind? Seems kind of weak if you ask me.

keep moving the goal post, Chachi. You've gone from "The TO offense never cost us games" to "It's only 20% lol".

I've made my arguments on this quite clear, something you and your shifting goal posts, mis-named players, and lack of stats can't begin to claim.

You're not very good at this. You should leave stuff like this to @johncu and others who are better. Meanwhile, the weekly PJ Fan Club meetings are Thursdays, though looks like President GTFELCH won't be making this week's meeting.

peace, out.

keep moving the goal post, Chachi. You've gone from "The TO offense never cost us games" to "It's only 20% lol".

I've made my arguments on this quite clear, something you and your shifting goal posts, mis-named players, and lack of stats can't begin to claim.

You're not very good at this. You should leave stuff like this to @johncu and others who are better. Meanwhile, the weekly PJ Fan Club meetings are Thursdays, though looks like President GTFELCH won't be making this week's meeting.

peace, out.
You’re the one moving goal posts lol, I said it rarely cost us games. 1/5 is roughly 2 a season. That’s pretty normal for most college teams.

You haven’t made your arguments clear about this at all. You said that the TO doesn’t work, when it’s the defense costing us the majority of games.

And you’re not good at this either. You’re trying to make exaggerated statements about me saying Calvin and Joe Ham were in the TO solely because I slipped up and said Tashard was in it. Like bro PLEASE, I beg of you look at what you’re typing first. I know, and I admit when I messed up, please look at the boneheaded comments your making.

I'll just state this. UGA fans hated PJ and you want to know why? Because they knew he could beat them with less talent. That's enough proof right there. When do you think Collins will beat UGA? My best guess is about as many time as Gailey Gump.

Who did we face in 2009 that was more talented than us? Man, you guys sure like throwing our talent under the bus to lamely further your "PJ is god!" narrative.

Our highly celebrated 2007 class was ranked 3rd in the ACC, 15th in the nation. Here are the ACC recruiting rankings prior to 2009.

2005- 14th ACC, 70th Nationally
2006- 12th ACC, 62nd Nationally
2007- 3rd ACC, 15th Nationally
2008- 10th ACC, 51st Nationally

We may have 'out talented' the bottom our schedule; but we certainly didn't 'out talent' the top of it. We had a great DL; but a miserable OL. We had good RB's; but not so great LB's. We were basically 1 deep at QB who was fortunately a better fit for the TO than the offense he was recruited for. We had 1 great WR and another whose name people struggle to remember. The TO covered up a lot of problems on that roster.

Might as well say it here as well. Dwyer was not an NFL talent, he proved that in the NFL and scouts took notes for the future. The system made him look like a superstar; but it was smoke a mirrors that many of you still can't see through. He was a good college RB; but he wasn't the next Bo Jackson by any stretch. The TO made a good RB look great, it even made Days look like a NFL player.

This is a interesting argument to get into with the "but muh roster" CGC fanboys. He really does have you bamboozled that all wins and losses are a matter of roster talent. It is overly simplistic to think we won in 2009 simply because we out talented everyone; but it fits your theology that we lost in 2019, 2020, & 2021 because CPJ left us with no talent. It is simplistic, so it is easy for some of you to latch onto.

The last 3 seasons have proved this long held belief to be false, try to keep up.

Back