Official Option maggots vs No-option maggots Battleground Thread

I want to hire an information security officer, do I take someone with a degree in the field or a music major from UGA. Ask Equifax why it matters.
Offensive linemen from the option are not as different from other linemen as what you’re describing. Morons who have played a game where they bash each other’s heads repeatedly think that but not rational beings.

I want to hire an information security officer, do I take someone with a degree in the field or a music major from UGA. Ask Equifax why it matters.
I'm surprised mods don't object to your new avatar. Doesn't quite seem as 'family friendly' as the mods want this forum to be.

I do not believe it violates any posted rules.
I think it's in pretty horrible taste, personally. But then most kids reading this board have probably already engaged in the referenced behavior. I'm a serious outlier on this stuff.

Yeah that’s why there is never anything known as a “draft bust” and UDFA’s never come out and play. If you think the NFL is not subject to groupthink than that is moronic. Why would the NFL need to work hard to find players? They are easily replaceable year after year with willing draftees lining up. There is no minor league system. To play pro football you pretty much have to play in the NFL. They can do whatever they want to schools, programs or players they don’t like.

the NFL reduces risk by eliminating players from certain offenses with limited exceptions. Why take time to teach this kid who is good when I can just cycle through players from other programs who look the part.

What is more likely that the one time a team took a flyer on our best lineman heproved himself worthy of a first round selection or our linemen were significantly undervalued coming out of college.
Oh...because teams evaluate talent and get it wrong sometimes, there's a conspiracy against Paul Johnson? Get some f'ing help, dude. You've literally gone batcrap crazy.

Offensive linemen from the option are not as different from other linemen as what you’re describing. Morons who have played a game where they bash each other’s heads repeatedly think that but not rational beings.
Holy hell. Go back and read Shaq Mason's own words when he got drafted by the Patriots. Where he talked about how he had to learn entirely new techniques and had to learn pass sets on the fly because he had never been taught to do that the way the NFL does it while at GT.

Or hey, how about the words of Bill Belichick himself?
"Shaq has done a good job for us from the time he got here," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said, per ESPN. "He came from an [option-based] offense that was quite different from ours and he adapted quickly. He did a real good job of learning new techniques. He's an athletic player and has good strength, good balance, an excellent run-blocker. He can pull, run and hit."

Oh yeah...guess Belichick didn't get the memo about option linemen being blackballed? LOL.

Holy hell. Go back and read Shaq Mason's own words when he got drafted by the Patriots. Where he talked about how he had to learn entirely new techniques and had to learn pass sets on the fly because he had never been taught to do that the way the NFL does it while at GT.

Or hey, how about the words of Bill Belichick himself?

Oh yeah...guess Belichick didn't get the memo about option linemen being blackballed? LOL.
No, but he was able to wait until the 4th round to snag him which saved the Patriots a bunch of money.

By the way, drafting GT players down the board or hoping they end up as UDFAs has been going on long before Johnson’s tenure. Calvin Johnson is a notable exception, but there aren’t many others if at all.

No, but he was able to wait until the 4th round to snag him which saved the Patriots a bunch of money.
Well, duh. Why could they do that? Maybe...just MAYBE...because Mason spent a sizable percentage of his plays cut blocking on the interior of the line...something they don't do very much in the pros? And he had very little experience using pass block techniques like they use in the pros?

You think PERHAPS that's the more likely answer? Or that the 32 teams got together, formed a secret cabal, sacrificed a chicken to the "Non Option Gods", then cut their hands and all made a blood vow solemnly agreeing never to draft a Paul Johnson player? Or if they did, to make sure they drafted him lower than he "should have been drafted"?

Some of you guys are either insane or just literally dumb AF.

Well, duh. Why could they do that? Maybe...just MAYBE...because Mason spent a sizable percentage of his plays cut blocking on the interior of the line...something they don't do very much in the pros? And he had very little experience using pass block techniques like they use in the pros?

You think PERHAPS that's the more likely answer? Or that the 32 teams got together, formed a secret cabal, sacrificed a chicken to the "Non Option Gods", then cut their hands and all made a blood vow solemnly agreeing never to draft a Paul Johnson player? Or if they did, to make sure they drafted him lower than he "should have been drafted"?

Some of you guys are either insane or just literally dumb AF.

I think somebody spiked the PJ Fan Club kool-aid. This NFL conspiracy stuff is off the rails bat öööö crazy, esp. Considering that the BALT Ravens hired PJ as an offensive consultant!

Maybe players bargained with owners a long time ago to not allow cut blocks at the line of scrimmage. Anyone that violates this "rule" gets cut blocked in a back alley somewhere

Maybe players bargained with owners a long time ago to not allow cut blocks at the line of scrimmage. Anyone that violates this "rule" gets cut blocked in a back alley somewhere
Chop blocked...FIFY :biggrin:

I think it's in pretty horrible taste, personally. But then most kids reading this board have probably already engaged in the referenced behavior. I'm a serious outlier on this stuff.
I'm just poking a little fun at the "poophole loophole" Christians. It's a satire, not a suggestion. Of course there's some importance in maintaining one's virginity prior to marriage. Why, you may ask?

Without DNA testing, there's only one way to know that the boy who pops out nine months from now was put there by you: If you are the only one that's been in there, silly! But why the hell does THAT matter? Inheritance, of course, and that's a big deal especially in the past when titles were at sake.

That being said, anybody who has half a brain knows that once a human is ready (past puberty), they are going to do the deed. We as a society, because the big brain isn't fully developed when puberty comes along, have stretched “childhood” beyond the point where the body says it's ready to get busy. What's a couple to do in accordance with Edwardian social norms?

But for the folks who weren't part of the gentry, those who had little to pass their heirs, what made virginity so important? Frankly, imitation. The only virgins who mattered were the ones whose “issue" would inherit Daddy's title, and after a couple of boys were born, nobody cared. The old heir and a spare rule. The rise of the middle class lead to their imitation of the nobles in their marriage habits. Thus the concept of virginity mattering spreads.

In a world with effective birth control, when a goodly portion of the world has come to the conclusion that virginity is actually a crock of crap, we still have incredulous questions like this. Of course folks are using anal as a way to both satisfy what their bodies are screaming they're ready for, and their antiquated moral systems are hollering they shouldn't do.

Of course, there's always the question of what does your religion say about those moral systems. I guess what I'm saying with my meme is:

If you're doing anal to protect your virginity because of religious morals, then you aren't actually adhering to your religion's morals. If you're doing it for practical purposes, just use a damned condom.

I think the AD or NEW AD will have a decision to make after Collins gets fired.... Jeff Monken and get the program back to 2008-2018 level or keep on course and just shrugg off the Collins hire as a mistake, and give another chance with another coach....

My guess is if TStan is AD we do not go with Monken.... I also think that we can win at GT without the Option (Although I loved CPJ coached teams) we did it in the early 1990s with Ross and we did it again with Georgre O'leary......The thing is we have to hit on a Coach... Bobby Ross was already established and had a run at Maryland and he flipped Georgia Tech after he was hired.... It can be done, one thing is for sure Coach Collins is not the answer.

By the way, drafting GT players down the board or hoping they end up as UDFAs has been going on long before Johnson’s tenure. Calvin Johnson is a notable exception, but there aren’t many others if at all.

Define "many others, if at all" because Keith Brooking, Travares Tillman, Dez White, Tony Hollings, Daryl Smith, Tony Hargrove, Keyaron Fox, Gerris Wilkinson, Philip Wheeler, Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Demaryius Thomas, and Morgan Burnett seems like "many" to me. Those are all the early round GT draft picks (besides Calvin) from 1998-2010; O'Leary and Gailey recruits

Since 2010, we have had Stephen Hill, Jeremiah Attaouchu and Adam Gotsis. That's it.

Look at this list and see what happened post-2014. This also coincides with records of 3-9, 9-4, 5-6, 7-6, 3-9, 3-7, 3-9. It's about the talent and this list is all anybody needs to know about why the option is gone.

I'm just poking a little fun at the "poophole loophole" Christians. It's a satire, not a suggestion. Of course there's some importance in maintaining one's virginity prior to marriage. Why, you may ask?

Without DNA testing, there's only one way to know that the boy who pops out nine months from now was put there by you: If you are the only one that's been in there, silly! But why the hell does THAT matter? Inheritance, of course, and that's a big deal especially in the past when titles were at sake.

That being said, anybody who has half a brain knows that once a human is ready (past puberty), they are going to do the deed. We as a society, because the big brain isn't fully developed when puberty comes along, have stretched “childhood” beyond the point where the body says it's ready to get busy. What's a couple to do in accordance with Edwardian social norms?

But for the folks who weren't part of the gentry, those who had little to pass their heirs, what made virginity so important? Frankly, imitation. The only virgins who mattered were the ones whose “issue" would inherit Daddy's title, and after a couple of boys were born, nobody cared. The old heir and a spare rule. The rise of the middle class lead to their imitation of the nobles in their marriage habits. Thus the concept of virginity mattering spreads.

In a world with effective birth control, when a goodly portion of the world has come to the conclusion that virginity is actually a crock of crap, we still have incredulous questions like this. Of course folks are using anal as a way to both satisfy what their bodies are screaming they're ready for, and their antiquated moral systems are hollering they shouldn't do.

Of course, there's always the question of what does your religion say about those moral systems. I guess what I'm saying with my meme is:

If you're doing anal to protect your virginity because of religious morals, then you aren't actually adhering to your religion's morals. If you're doing it for practical purposes, just use a damned condom.

Define "many others, if at all" because Keith Brooking, Travares Tillman, Dez White, Tony Hollings, Daryl Smith, Tony Hargrove, Keyaron Fox, Gerris Wilkinson, Philip Wheeler, Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Demaryius Thomas, and Morgan Burnett seems like "many" to me. Those are all the early round GT draft picks from 1998-2010; O'Leary and Gailey recruits

Since 2010, we have had Stephen Hill, Jeremiah Attaouchu and Adam Gotsis. That's it.

bam-mikedrop.gif

Wow. I disagree with most of that but obvs this isn’t the place to discuss. Peace —

Back