Official Option maggots vs No-option maggots Battleground Thread

Our highly celebrated 2007 class was ranked 3rd in the ACC, 15th in the nation. Here are the ACC recruiting rankings prior to 2009.

2005- 14th ACC, 70th Nationally
2006- 12th ACC, 62nd Nationally
2007- 3rd ACC, 15th Nationally
2008- 10th ACC, 51st Nationally

We may have 'out talented' the bottom our schedule; but we certainly didn't 'out talent' the top of it. We had a great DL; but a miserable OL. We had good RB's; but not so great LB's. We were basically 1 deep at QB who was fortunately a better fit for the TO than the offense he was recruited for. We had 1 great WR and another whose name people struggle to remember. The TO covered up a lot of problems on that roster.

Might as well say it here as well. Dwyer was not an NFL talent, he proved that in the NFL and scouts took notes for the future. The system made him look like a superstar; but it was smoke a mirrors that many of you still can't see through. He was a good college RB; but he wasn't the next Bo Jackson by any stretch. The TO made a good RB look great, it even made Days look like a NFL player.

This is a interesting argument to get into with the "but muh roster" CGC fanboys. He really does have you bamboozled that all wins and losses are a matter of roster talent. It is overly simplistic to think we won in 2009 simply because we out talented everyone; but it fits your theology that we lost in 2019, 2020, & 2021 because CPJ left us with no talent. It is simplistic, so it is easy for some of you to latch onto.
He has them fooled because all the former players (and therefore now coaches) believe it. Look at Vad Lee’s interview upon his departure as evidence. How could we win with him as our leader when he didn’t even think it was possible himself? Thank God he transferred. Idiot.

Now ask yourself, do you think most football players are smart? No they’re mostly not. And they get really defensive about being idiots. So they get really defensive about the one thing they possess some knowledge of: football. Hencewhy we end up with a cabal of former players coming in to save GT from itself and its terrible fans who just don’t understand the game. I mean Paul Johnson never even played in college! Come on, man!

Our highly celebrated 2007 class was ranked 3rd in the ACC, 15th in the nation. Here are the ACC recruiting rankings prior to 2009.

2005- 14th ACC, 70th Nationally
2006- 12th ACC, 62nd Nationally
2007- 3rd ACC, 15th Nationally
2008- 10th ACC, 51st Nationally

We may have 'out talented' the bottom our schedule; but we certainly didn't 'out talent' the top of it. We had a great DL; but a miserable OL. We had good RB's; but not so great LB's. We were basically 1 deep at QB who was fortunately a better fit for the TO than the offense he was recruited for. We had 1 great WR and another whose name people struggle to remember. The TO covered up a lot of problems on that roster.

Might as well say it here as well. Dwyer was not an NFL talent, he proved that in the NFL and scouts took notes for the future. The system made him look like a superstar; but it was smoke a mirrors that many of you still can't see through. He was a good college RB; but he wasn't the next Bo Jackson by any stretch. The TO made a good RB look great, it even made Days look like a NFL player.

This is a interesting argument to get into with the "but muh roster" CGC fanboys. He really does have you bamboozled that all wins and losses are a matter of roster talent. It is overly simplistic to think we won in 2009 simply because we out talented everyone; but it fits your theology that we lost in 2019, 2020, & 2021 because CPJ left us with no talent. It is simplistic, so it is easy for some of you to latch onto.

Dwyer was absolutely an NFL talent. All he had to do was keep himself in reasonable playing shape and he didn't. If NFL coaches didn't think he was great, he would have been cut on the first day of camp showing up in the shape he did. Instead, he was given multiple opportunities.

Last edited:
Dwyer was absolutely an NFL talent. All he had to do was keep himself in reasonable playing shape and he didn't. If NFL coaches didn't think he was great, he would have been cut on the first day of camp showing up in the shape he did. Instead, he was given multiple opportunities.

Don't get in the way of the "PJ is my personal Savior!" narrative! Even if they have to throw GT NFL alumni under the bus to advance it!

Don't get in the way of the "PJ is my personal Savior!" narrative! Even if they have to throw GT NFL alumni under the bus to advance it!

Hilarious, the CPJ hating CGC fanboys have been throwing the entire roster under the bus since 2010. A whole decade of 'we have a FCS roster'. It has been the rallying cry of the CGC fanboys for the last 3 seasons.

Hilarious, the CPJ hating CGC fanboys have been throwing the entire roster under the bus since 2010. A whole decade of 'we have a FCS roster'. It has been the rallying cry of the CGC fanboys for the last 3 seasons.

says the guy who just shat on a PJ NFL RB! what a ööööing hypocrite.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Many people have short memories, but the fanbase tired of Gomer’s 7-5 records. At the time, we were willing to trade some occasional bad seasons for some occasional good season. Well, it’s what we got. Guess what, their W/L records were virtually identical. We also used to have hope for a great season (9+ wins) EVERY year.

We’re basically a 7-5 program going all the way back to 1956. That’s right, 65 years ago. We have had a pretty good run 1942-1956 with ‘51-‘56 being the heyday. There’s Heisman and Dodd with good win percentages, next level down is O’Leary-Alexander-Johnson-Gailey-Ross, then the others.

The only thing that matters is Wins & Losses and Championships. And you play the teams on your schedule, sometimes you get 1999 when the ACC was complete crap outside of FSU and sometimes you get 2008 when 9 teams were ranked at one point in the season. The rest of this is all BS.

Flaming hypocrite sounds like a French dish Gordon Ramsey tells his chefs to cook at Hell’s Kitchen and they all öööö it up and the kitchen catches on fire, and he fires half of them in front of the customers.

Didn’t mean Tashard, I kinda just typed that on accident.

PJ had Attaouchu, Jemea, Brandon Watts, Adam Gotsis and DJ White all drafted.

And yeah, I know what this thread is. You’ve been ööööting on the option when it’s not the option that is the problem. It’s the defense.
5 guys in 11 years......wow

another good way to compare how poor our talent was after ‘09 is compare how many all-ACC selections We had through the years

5 guys in 11 years......wow

another good way to compare how poor our talent was after ‘09 is compare how many all-ACC selections We had through the years
We had All ACC selections almost every year PJ was here.

NFL didn’t want our guys because they don’t want the option played in college. It was essentially collusion against our linemen. Our G-C-G under CPJ could’ve been drafted many times over. You’re telling me the only lineman GT produced for the NFL isn’t just good but one of the premier lineman for one of the best teams in the NFL? And he was a 4th rounder. Gimme a break. More former players and scouts ööööting on the option because they all ööööing hate it.

Didn’t mean Tashard, I kinda just typed that on accident.

PJ had Attaouchu, Jemea, Brandon Watts, Adam Gotsis and DJ White all drafted.

And yeah, I know what this thread is. You’ve been ööööting on the option when it’s not the option that is the problem. It’s the defense.

Hill and Waller got drafted. Smelter too I think, although that was a special case.

NFL didn’t want our guys because they don’t want the option played in college. It was essentially collusion against our linemen. Our G-C-G under CPJ could’ve been drafted many times over. You’re telling me the only lineman GT produced for the NFL isn’t just good but one of the premier lineman for one of the best teams in the NFL? And he was a 4th rounder. Gimme a break. More former players and scouts ööööting on the option because they all ööööing hate it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Umm...this may be the most idiotic post ever posted on this site.
One thing you can count on for certain is that NFL teams, coaches and owners will do anything they can to help in their quest to win a Super Bowl. If GT players weren't getting drafted by the NFL, it's because the NFL had other players they valued more highly than GT players.

Period. End of story. Anything else is just abject stupidity.

Not sure what a surefire NFL prospect is, but Gibbs was wanted by a lot of top programs by the time we got to signing day. The first step to recruiting better, is to think that you can recruit better.
The second step is for the AD to release the funds necessary to be able to shake the bushes and find those hidden gems. Johnson wasn’t getting those $$$, but Collins has been.

I have a hard time believing the NFL has an interest in what offense little ol' GT runs, but I'll bite. Who wasn't drafted who should have been?

I was surprised Uzzi wasn’t drafted. Also a couple of our centers.

Absolutely awful take. The discomfort caused by the unconventional nature of the offense along with its clock-chewing abilities were fundamental advantages to the 3O specifically. If CPJ had instead been an obsessive sperg about 80's NFL offensive strategies, he goes 0-11 against UGA.
I did not like the 3/0. I thought it was too detrimental to recruiting, specifically recruiting defensive players.

But Paul Johnson was invited to several NFL camps as a consultant to evaluate offenses. I don’t think John Gruden could teach Paul Johnson X’s and O’s. Paul Johnson understands football. And you’re kidding yourself if you think his understanding is limited to just the triple option. That’s just what he found to be most successful at places like Navy and Georgia Tech where 5-star All Americans don’t go.

Umm...this may be the most idiotic post ever posted on this site.
One thing you can count on for certain is that NFL teams, coaches and owners will do anything they can to help in their quest to win a Super Bowl. If GT players weren't getting drafted by the NFL, it's because the NFL had other players they valued more highly than GT players.

Period. End of story. Anything else is just abject stupidity.
Yeah that’s why there is never anything known as a “draft bust” and UDFA’s never come out and play. If you think the NFL is not subject to groupthink than that is moronic. Why would the NFL need to work hard to find players? They are easily replaceable year after year with willing draftees lining up. There is no minor league system. To play pro football you pretty much have to play in the NFL. They can do whatever they want to schools, programs or players they don’t like.

the NFL reduces risk by eliminating players from certain offenses with limited exceptions. Why take time to teach this kid who is good when I can just cycle through players from other programs who look the part.

What is more likely that the one time a team took a flyer on our best lineman heproved himself worthy of a first round selection or our linemen were significantly undervalued coming out of college.

Yeah that’s why there is never anything known as a “draft bust” and UDFA’s never come out and play. If you think the NFL is not subject to groupthink than that is moronic. Why would the NFL need to work hard to find players? They are easily replaceable year after year with willing draftees lining up. There is no minor league system. To play pro football you pretty much have to play in the NFL. They can do whatever they want to schools, programs or players they don’t like.

the NFL reduces risk by eliminating players from certain offenses with limited exceptions. Why take time to teach this kid who is good when I can just cycle through players from other programs who look the part.

What is more likely that the one time a team took a flyer on our best lineman heproved himself worthy of a first round selection or our linemen were significantly undervalued coming out of college.
I want to hire an information security officer, do I take someone with a degree in the field or a music major from UGA. Ask Equifax why it matters.

Back