Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Funny, Dwyer didn't make it in the NFL because he could not jack up anybody.

If Tech wins three or four games, the job won't be as alluring to Deon as it could be if we go 1-11.? Either way, I think we'd be a quick stepping stone for Deon if he came to Tech.

Dwyer threw away his NFL career. He could've had one for sure.

No, for example, academic restrictions are probably already gone.

Also, everyone seemed to be resigned that we didn't have the money to fire dipshit until Dec 31. Where the money comes from is always secretive, but in one day we suck up a huge buyout and Cabrera say GT is going to get behind GT athletics financially.

We can't know the money is fixed, or to what extent it has changed, but to act like or assume it is "not better now" is ignorant and asinine. Things are very different today versus saturday. I 100% know that. Are there some things still left to do to remove all "restrictions"? Sure.

So, again, purely speculation? Also, the assertion you made isn't that it's better than it was but that we're now better than auburn. Maybe we're getting too far into the weeds?

No, for example, academic restrictions are probably already gone.

Also, everyone seemed to be resigned that we didn't have the money to fire dipshit until Dec 31. Where the money comes from is always secretive, but in one day we suck up a huge buyout and Cabrera say GT is going to get behind GT athletics financially.

We can't know the money is fixed, or to what extent it has changed, but to act like or assume it is "not better now" is ignorant and asinine. Things are very different today versus saturday. I 100% know that. Are there some things still left to do to remove all "restrictions"? Sure.

Also, tstan said we had the money last December so I don't even know why you bring up a false assumption as proof of anything

Funny, Dwyer didn't make it in the NFL because he could not jack up anybody.

If Tech wins three or four games, the job won't be as alluring to Deon as it could be if we go 1-11.? Either way, I think we'd be a quick stepping stone for Deon if he came to Tech.
While I disagree with your opinion, I admit that we cannot predict the future.

I think if we landed him and paid him market salary* he would likely stay until FSU opened up. I don't think anyone short of Alabama/OSU and a handful of other top programs where rings would be easier would be able to steal him, and those teams would only hire him if we were outrageously successful with W/L at GT. His recruiting abilities are a much smaller asset when you are at a program that recruits itself. You could set UGA's recruiting budget to $35 and still land a top 25 class.

*The obvious debatable assumption, and I can see a skeptic might worry that Cabrera was lip serving us.

So, again, purely speculation? Also, the assertion you made isn't that it's better than it was but that we're now better than auburn. Maybe we're getting too far into the weeds?
Yes, because you are laser focused on the handful of negatives side of the equation and we have not started talking about the positives at all. You literally gave us no credit for our premier location saying Auburn is "close enough".

We are in midtown in an exploding area because so many people want to live there. Auburn is a sleepy town of nothingness where a very limited number of people want to live. That is a huge advantage if we capitalize on it.

If you play here you can see your best friends or your girlfriend almost as much as you see them now. Your friends and family can come see you play almost as easily as they came to see you in high school. Our degree means something which matters to some. Our graduates are largely millionaires.

In my opinion, if you add up the pros and cons, the pro side of GT is already bigger and Cabrera can gut the con side almost singlehandedly while Auburn cannot fix their location. Why don't we outrecruit Auburn now? We have beaten them when coaches leverage our strengths.

Agreed. The amount of adoration people have on ST for Gibbs is absurd. Mason was just as effective as he was. Very little love for him. To mention that Gibbs is more talented than Bay Bay, Waller, Burnett, and Morgan is ridiculous. He's not being mocked as the top RB in the draft. Many don't have him even going in the first round. His talent is far from "generational."
Alvin Kamara was a 3rd round pick. Aaron Jones was a 5th round pick. Ekeler was a UDFA. Mocks dont mean öööö. Put the guy in a offense that will give him 12 carries and 5 throws and hes an elite NFL RB

4625CEEB-4FF0-4A55-A09C-F8FFDE5D93BE.jpeg

If you listened to the Wes Durham interview on ”Full Ride” yesterday his first comments were “Deion will not be the next head coach at Georgia Tech….”

He laid out the reasons why, including academics, money and whether he would commit to building the program. Wes did say he would love it if Deion did, but the school and Deion would have to come to an agreement on a lot of things, including the school pretty much allowing him to recruit without limitations. That part will never happen in his opinion.

If you listened to the Wes Durham interview on ”Full Ride” yesterday his first comments were “Deion will not be the next head coach at Georgia Tech….”

He laid out the reasons why, including academics, money and whether he would commit to building the program. Wes did say he would love it if Deion did, but the school and Deion would have to come to an agreement on a lot of things, including the school pretty much allowing him to recruit without limitations. That part will never happen in his opinion.
He knows our school and hes saying the same things that many on here have been thinking and saying, but its all worthless because neither him nor anyone on here knows Coach Prime's thoughts on the matter, its all ridiculous assumptions.

Where is this podcast

Alvin Kamara was a 3rd round pick. Aaron Jones was a 5th round pick. Ekeler was a UDFA. Mocks dont mean öööö. Put the guy in a offense that will give him 12 carries and 5 throws and hes an elite NFL RB

None of those are generational talents headed to the Hall of Fame. They are exchangeable pieces in good systems that highlight RBs. We are currently comparing Gibbs to Calvin. That's literally absurd.

None of those are generational talents headed to the Hall of Fame. They are exchangeable pieces in good systems that highlight RBs. We are currently comparing Gibbs to Calvin. That's literally absurd.

Kamara has a good shot to make the HoF I'd say. But I agree comparing Gibbs to Calvin is absurd.

Kamara has a good shot to make the HoF I'd say. But I agree comparing Gibbs to Calvin is absurd.

Kamara had 4 good seasons. Those appeared to have ended based on his production this year and last. Most people don't make the HOF on 4 good seasons.

Yes, because you are laser focused on the handful of negatives side of the equation and we have not started talking about the positives at all. You literally gave us no credit for our premier location saying Auburn is "close enough".

We are in midtown in an exploding area because so many people want to live there. Auburn is a sleepy town of nothingness where a very limited number of people want to live. That is a huge advantage if we capitalize on it.

If you play here you can see your best friends or your girlfriend almost as much as you see them now. Your friends and family can come see you play almost as easily as they came to see you in high school. Our degree means something which matters to some. Our graduates are largely millionaires.

In my opinion, if you add up the pros and cons, the pro side of GT is already bigger and Cabrera can gut the con side almost singlehandedly while Auburn cannot fix their location. Why don't we outrecruit Auburn now? We have beaten them when coaches leverage our strengths.

Is Tuscaloosa anything like Atlanta? Athens? Clemson? Why is the precise location not an issue for some of the top recruiters in the nation who can absolutely pilfer the talent of Ga, yet you believe Atlanta is the primary recruiting advantage we have and it's to such a degree that we should be beating out the factories?

Since you're being so defensive about it, you should note that you missed some key benefits that we do have - academic rigor, salaries of grads, % of grads who become millionaires.

I have been looking for like a damn hour

Back