Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

He knows our school and hes saying the same things that many on here have been thinking and saying, but its all worthless because neither him nor anyone on here knows Coach Prime's thoughts on the matter, its all ridiculous assumptions.
I don’t disagree with Wes. He also pointed out 2 other things no one knows either. Will Deion be a candidate at Auburn, etc? And does he even want to leave Jackson State?

When Wes was mentioning money, he said that more or less GT is not going to pay Sander’s $6-$10 million a year like some schools could. GT doesn’t have the $$$ to get into a bidding war.

Neuheisal chimed in with some info from when he thought he got the job over Johnson. It took D-Rad fighting for everything to get the school to allow SA’s to take Calc at a JUCO, GSU, etc.

Wes came back agreeing, and said things have even changed since then. But more or less said, the school has to truly buy in to the new era of college football to compete now. This includes academically. Not saying all kids can get in, but mentioned Roddy Jones graduated in 3 years, and it took until around 72 hours before the semester started before he was admitted to grad school. Things like that have to be ironed out in order for GT to effectively use the Portal.

Funny, Dwyer didn't make it in the NFL because he could not jack up anybody.

If Tech wins three or four games, the job won't be as alluring to Deon as it could be if we go 1-11.? Either way, I think we'd be a quick stepping stone for Deon if he came to Tech.
Dwyer lost his way due to meds and gaining weight. Had he put in the work, he would have been an all time great RB

Nah what’s good on there? And there are so many subscriptions to get man

Some cool personalities that you get to know on the various stations, like Classic Vinyl or Classic Rewind or First Wave. And great for background music playing in the house.

If you listened to the Wes Durham interview on ”Full Ride” yesterday his first comments were “Deion will not be the next head coach at Georgia Tech….”

He laid out the reasons why, including academics, money and whether he would commit to building the program. Wes did say he would love it if Deion did, but the school and Deion would have to come to an agreement on a lot of things, including the school pretty much allowing him to recruit without limitations. That part will never happen in his opinion.
Wes is calling Cabrera a liar, or an idiot.

There is post after post here saying "we can't because the school" and "we can't because we couldn't before" as if they have no idea who the president of the school is. Either Cabrera was lying, or he is ignorant about what it would take to be relevant, or we can recruit without limitations.

If one of the "Deion will never coach here and here is why" reasons is academic restrictions then I feel better than ever that it could happen. Because maybe I am naive, but I believe Cabrera means what he says.

I don’t disagree with Wes. He also pointed out 2 other things no one knows either. Will Deion be a candidate at Auburn, etc? And does he even want to leave Jackson State?
I want to double down calling Wes an idiot here. Or ignorant.

Deion interviewed at multiple other schools last year and would have been gone already if the school that wanted him had been willing to be flexible on the start date. You don't interview a bunch if you know you are unwilling to leave.

I want to double down calling Wes an idiot here. Or ignorant.

Deion interviewed at multiple other schools last year and would have been gone already if the school that wanted him had been willing to be flexible on the start date. You don't interview a bunch if you know you are unwilling to leave.
LFG! whats cabreras email? im ready to start sending the lets get deion letters

want

No he isn't. Cabrera said he would do everything he can. He can't do everything he wants. He will be limited by the BOR.
Does the BOR determine what kids get into GT?

When Wes was mentioning money, he said that more or less GT is not going to pay Sander’s $6-$10 million a year like some schools could. GT doesn’t have the $$$ to get into a bidding war.

Neuheisal chimed in with some info from when he thought he got the job over Johnson. It took D-Rad fighting for everything to get the school to allow SA’s to take Calc at a JUCO, GSU, etc.

Wes came back agreeing, and said things have even changed since then. But more or less said, the school has to truly buy in to the new era of college football to compete now. This includes academically. Not saying all kids can get in, but mentioned Roddy Jones graduated in 3 years, and it took until around 72 hours before the semester started before he was admitted to grad school. Things like that have to be ironed out in order for GT to effectively use the Portal.
There were a ridiculous amount of p5 openings last year from blueblood to middling and not one went for Prime, but all of a sudden this year we're going to have to offer Saban money to get him?

Back