Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

I interviewed for three Power Five jobs. I should’ve got them," Sanders said. "I was very, very, very good I may say in the interviews. In one of the interviews, I was so darn good, the guy asked me when could I start. ‘When can you really start?’ I told him when it was possible and they went in another direction. I wasn’t upset. That just means that God needed me to continue to be at Jackson State."

So kinda what I figured, no real offer anywhere, but it clearly shows he's looking to move up, article said TCU was allegedly one of the three schools.

I'm sure he'll have more interest this year and command a bigger offer than what he would have gotten lost year, but there is no reason to believe it'll be $6M+ from some blueblood that we couldn't possibly compete with.
Nobody ever said that because he was "offered" a job (obviously verbally in a "we want you" manner and not a sign here manner), that this year he is now a 10 million guy who is top of everyone's list. If there was any inkling he was that, we (stingtalkers) would never bring up his name. He is at the top of our wish list in large part because he is not too expensive and is realistic. A few people on here are arguing that he will command a price we can't pay, and I think it is silly to make that leap.

Granted, this is like an auction, and most times the price is fairly predictable. But if you get one idiot with more money than sense that really wants something, then that day it can go for far more than it is worth. Auburn absolutely can be that idiot.

Nobody ever said that because he was "offered" a job (obviously verbally in a "we want you" manner and not a sign here manner), that this year he is now a 10 million guy who is top of everyone's list. If there was any inkling he was that, we (stingtalkers) would never bring up his name. He is at the top of our wish list in large part because he is not too expensive and is realistic. A few people on here are arguing that he will command a price we can't pay, and I think it is silly to make that leap.

Granted, this is like an auction, and most times the price is fairly predictable. But if you get one idiot with more money than sense that really wants something, then that day it can go for far more than it is worth. Auburn absolutely can be that idiot.
Absolutely, of all the current and likely openings, auburn is the one. Also, if auburn goes crazy and buys kiffen away, ole miss could then become a problem

My lone concern with all the legit Deion discussions and even the meme Deion threads is that it's going to torpedo the next guy. People are already really passionate about him. We're not even a week into our search. Coaching searches always have that situation where camps form about which direction the team should take.

This seems to be unlike anything I've seen. To the point where if Deion isn't the choice, the next dude is gonna have to unite (win) really, really quickly.

My lone concern with all the legit Deion discussions and even the meme Deion threads is that it's going to torpedo the next guy. People are already really passionate about him. We're not even a week into our search. Coaching searches always have that situation where camps form about which direction the team should take.

This seems to be unlike anything I've seen. To the point where if Deion isn't the choice, the next dude is gonna have to unite (win) really, really quickly.
Deion or bust

great post full of great points.

Thats why I said that if we don't get Deion, it needs to be public that he turned us down.

If we actually choose Chadwell over Deion, which could be a legit happening, it will put extra pressure on Chadwell as you say. I'm not too worried about that because Chadwell is a top tier candidate also and I think the fans recognize that.

And yeah, it is unlike anything before. It will probably become common with NIL and open portal to sometimes look for a celebrity/cult of personality coach, but Deion is the first one.

Let us not lose perspective of who we are talking about here...

1664461401378.png

Coach Prime tailgate at Cypress December 31st. Be there or be square.

Being a father foremost, Coach Prime is obviously proud of his son, Shedeur. I bet he makes a move to P5 school next year for his son. If Coach Prime truly thinks his son can (and should) win the Heisman, then Shedeur has one path to glory.

I honestly think he'll sell out his first 3 home games, and he would have to have devastating losses to start losing the crowd.
Sell out, eh? even the upper north? maybe but that is quite the prediction. I sure wish we had a way to know if that was true. If it was it would change the calculus in the Edge building for sure, right?

It would be interesting to send out a preorder for 2023 where we ask them to reserve their season tickets request (ie we will hold their place in line) assuming Deion is the coach in 2023.

Second, if we ever had any pull with the ACC, it would be to get a decent ööööing back loaded schedule where the new staff/players/team/program don't get hammered by the ACC's best before they can even get their sea legs.

Sell out, eh? even the upper north? maybe but that is quite the prediction. I sure wish we had a way to know if that was true. If it was it would change the calculus in the Edge building for sure, right?

It would be interesting to send out a preorder for 2023 where we ask them to reserve their season tickets request (ie we will hold their place in line) assuming Deion is the coach in 2023.

Second, if we ever had any pull with the ACC, it would be to get a decent ööööing back loaded schedule where the new staff/players/team/program don't get hammered by the ACC's best before they can even get their sea legs.
I think so. JSU is selling more tickets than we are (while that's not a HUGE accomplishment). I think we'll be around 90-95% capacity at least all season.

Back