Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

There were a ridiculous amount of p5 openings last year from blueblood to middling and not one went for Prime, but all of a sudden this year we're going to have to offer Saban money to get him?
So at least one and possibly more than one program went for him but, if you read between the lines, he wanted to finish the season/bowl game and they were not willing to wait.

But I agree with the point of your post, and I don't think it is going to come down to just money with Deion like it would with other schools. He is going to want to go somewhere where his son is going to be successful. What does that entail? Who knows.

He will want to go somewhere that he will be guaranteed to finish out his son's years. Auburn can swear they will give him three years, but how can anyone trust them?

Expanding degree offerings, and yeah I think he may have others to account to for who gets in. But maybe not...
Expanding degree offerings is the only thing I think Cabrera cannot do unilaterally. We acknowledge that.

Wes was talking about the öööö that the Hill pulls, as if he doesn't know who tells the the hill to jump and they say how high.

So at least one and possibly more than one program went for him but, if you read between the lines, he wanted to finish the season/bowl game and they were not willing to wait.

But I agree with the point of your post, and I don't think it is going to come down to just money with Deion like it would with other schools. He is going to want to go somewhere where his son is going to be successful. What does that entail? Who knows.

He will want to go somewhere that he will be guaranteed to finish out his son's years. Auburn can swear they will give him three years, but how can anyone trust them?
That's been posted here that he's said time-frame prevented him last year, id like to hear the actual interview, but i don't know that I really buy it, not that he didn't say it, but that he had an actionable deal lined up but the school in question wouldn't give him the couple weeks.

That's been posted here that he's said time-frame prevented him last year, id like to hear the actual interview, but i don't know that I really buy it, not that he didn't say it, but that he had an actionable deal lined up but the school in question wouldn't give him the couple weeks.
Is the time between the last game and the bowl a couple of weeks?

The new early signing day makes that time period more critical than ever, so I could see if the B candidate was also good but could start right away you move on.

i mean do you hear is theme music (starts about 1:31) ? he is ready for ATL theres no doubt in my mind:

Is the time between the last game and the bowl a couple of weeks?

The new early signing day makes that time period more critical than ever, so I could see if the B candidate was also good but could start right away you move on.
You'd have to be incredibly short-sighted if, after you've already made the decision to take the risk and offer him, that he wouldn't be able to make up for whatever recruits you might lose on early signing day utilizing the portal and actual signing day. Hell, for sure you know he's bringing the #1 recruit in the country.

Makes sense for him to say it though, he can never be disproven, it let's programs know you are interested, that other programs are willing to take the risk, and, the biggest, you better come with a good offer because I'm in demand.

You'd have to be incredibly short-sighted if, after you've already made the decision to take the risk and offer him, that he wouldn't be able to make up for whatever recruits you might lose on early signing day utilizing the portal and actual signing day. Hell, for sure you know he's bringing the #1 recruit in the country.

Makes sense for him to say it though, he can never be disproven, it let's programs know you are interested, that other programs are willing to take the risk, and, the biggest, you better come with a good offer because I'm in demand.
You seem to think he is lying, when it is not unusual at all for teams to specifically state that we want someone who can start right now and we have seen many cases where coaches leave before the bowl game.

You are taking a very pessimistic view in thinking that he is lying here to self promote and maneuver. While we the public would likely never know, its easy for an AD to check to see if Deion is lying. The degrees of separation in the coaching community is almost never more than 2.

But to bolster your basic original point, if Deion was the kind of no brainer where you back the Brinks truck up, then plan B would be a dropoff that you wouldn't do over timing issues with Deion. Right? The top prospect only has so much leverage over the second choice, and if the gap is very small between them, then the top prospect has almost no leverage at all.

I really want to live through Deion at GT, and I have been his biggest fan so far, but if Coastal Carolina is a legitimate plan B, then even I don't think GT can take a Deion or bust attitude.

You seem to think he is lying, when it is not unusual at all for teams to specifically state that we want someone who can start right now and we have seen many cases where coaches leave before the bowl game.

You are taking a very pessimistic view in thinking that he is lying here to self promote and maneuver. While we the public would likely never know, its easy for an AD to check to see if Deion is lying. The degrees of separation in the coaching community is almost never more than 2.

But to bolster your basic original point, if Deion was the kind of no brainer where you back the Brinks truck up, then plan B would be a dropoff that you wouldn't do over timing issues with Deion.

I really want to live through Deion at GT, and I have been his biggest fan so far, but if Coastal Carolina is a legitimate plan B, then even I don't think GT can take a Deion or bust attitude.
Like I said, id like to hear his actual words regarding this. All ive seen is a poster on here saying that he said that. jj06 believes he's in it to raise the hbcu profile, this would obviously be in direct conflict with that idea.

But yeah Oklahoma usc lsu notre dame all had openings, schools that could spend $Texas. And then 10 more middling school openings as well

Agreed. The amount of adoration people have on ST for Gibbs is absurd. Mason was just as effective as he was. Very little love for him. To mention that Gibbs is more talented than Bay Bay, Waller, Burnett, and Morgan is ridiculous. He's not being mocked as the top RB in the draft. Many don't have him even going in the first round. His talent is far from "generational."
RB's rarely go in the first round. The Titans got Derrick Henry in the second round and Gibbs does not have the resume Henry had coming out of Bama.

Like I said, id like to hear his actual words regarding this. All ive seen is a poster on here saying that he said that. jj06 believes he's in it to raise the hbcu profile, this would obviously be in direct conflict with that idea.

But yeah Oklahoma usc lsu notre dame all had openings, schools that could spend $Texas. And then 10 more middling school openings as well
He did not say anything that I saw about it being any of those schools.

he did raise the hbcu profile. mission accomplished.

I had a thought: Auburn just crashed and burned on their last hire. They will be paying two ex-coaches. Their AD would have to have balls the size of Lizzo to hire a risky coach. That AD is going to manipulate that budget six ways to sunday to steal a proven P5 coach imho for his own self preservation.

Am I way off here?

As a Bears fans this reminds of the 2012 NFL draft ….we needed a DE and Chandler Jones fell into our lap….every forum I was reading couldn’t believe it, so what did we do……Drafted Shea McClellin from Boise and the rest is history. This is the part where we hire Shea lol

Here is a link to the article with the quote. You may be able to find the show online.

@wesgt123 your name is getting tossed around a lot in this thread - care to expand on some of what you said on the program? Do you think Cabrera won’t/can’t stay true to his word? Maybe his ideas about fully supporting football fall below what is really needed?

Here is a link to the article with the quote. You may be able to find the show online.

I interviewed for three Power Five jobs. I should’ve got them," Sanders said. "I was very, very, very good I may say in the interviews. In one of the interviews, I was so darn good, the guy asked me when could I start. ‘When can you really start?’ I told him when it was possible and they went in another direction. I wasn’t upset. That just means that God needed me to continue to be at Jackson State."

So kinda what I figured, no real offer anywhere, but it clearly shows he's looking to move up, article said TCU was allegedly one of the three schools.

I'm sure he'll have more interest this year and command a bigger offer than what he would have gotten lost year, but there is no reason to believe it'll be $6M+ from some blueblood that we couldn't possibly compete with.

Back