Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Dude Deion will not be the next Tech coach- how many FCS coaches have become successful at the FBS level? And btw he is at the HBCU level not FCS - he was coaching HS like 2 years ago - this is ridiculous
You really called other people fools after posting this?? Hahahahaha

Deion can be a football illiterate coach to the point of not being able to pick up a crayon to draw basic plays and it won't matter. He has a football network that would put LinkedIn to shame. All he has to do is pick up a phone and he will have an instant elite staff that knows how to win games.

I've gone through and listened to a lot of his pep talks. He's got coach written all over him. I don't see why people think they're taking a chance with a guy like him. He's a natural leader.

Nobody cares about his peptalks if he can't win. FTRS laid out a case with some examples about how recruiting prowess is the hardest skill to transfer. His coaching abilities aren't proven as he's got superior athletes on his team. At Tech he will be at a recruiting disadvantage to clempson and ugg, so if he's not proven as a x&o coach he'll fail. He's gotten 1 full year and 2 half years as a coach at jackson - that's not enough time to show he's a good x&os coach. He's invested heavily into analysts at jackson (the only FCS school with them), but at Tech he will have less than others. He will increase Tech's profile in Atlanta and may help us take back that identity (his biggest strength imho), but he will also have less recruiting staff than our biggest opponents.

Nobody cares about his peptalks if he can't win. FTRS laid out a case with some examples about how recruiting prowess is the hardest skill to transfer. His coaching abilities aren't proven as he's got superior athletes on his team. At Tech he will be at a recruiting disadvantage to clempson and ugg, so if he's not proven as a x&o coach he'll fail. He's gotten 1 full year and 2 half years as a coach at jackson - that's not enough time to show he's a good x&os coach. He's invested heavily into analysts at jackson (the only FCS school with them), but at Tech he will have less than others. He will increase Tech's profile in Atlanta and may help us take back that identity (his biggest strength imho), but he will also have less recruiting staff than our biggest opponents.

It's more than that. Looking at JSU, there's no reason on God's green earth why anyone would even want to go there. Their football facilities are basically hanging on a prayer, yet he's bringing in better recruits than some FBS schools. And winning. That's a lot to overcome. I get what you're saying though. Logically speaking if I took out the whole "neon deion" persona out of the equation, would I still want him as coach? Well, no. At the end the day the guy doesn't have the depth of resume many P5s would take a chance on.

Deion can be a football illiterate coach to the point of not being able to pick up a crayon to draw basic plays and it won't matter. He has a football network that would put LinkedIn to shame. All he has to do is pick up a phone and he will have an instant elite staff that knows how to win games.

This. The amount of people that don’t understand this must not college football. Just look at the two most successful cfb programs of the playoff era: Saban hasnt called a play in a decade and Dabo hasn’t called a play since…ever. They know how to build a staff.

Recruiting disadvantage? He got the #1 recruit in the country to go HBCU. He would instantly have a top-20 recruiting class here. Something we have never had. You don't need to recruit like UGAg to win the Coastal.

Recruiting disadvantage? He got the #1 recruit in the country to go HBCU. He would instantly have a top-20 recruiting class here. Something we have never had. You don't need to recruit like UGAg to win the Coastal.
I wonder how many million$ that might cost that recruit on GameDay. Not gonna have near the training facilities necessary to be a top pick.

... some examples about how recruiting prowess is the hardest skill to transfer. His coaching abilities aren't proven as he's got superior athletes on his team. ....

are you really that stupid???

Recruiting is selling the school more than selling the coach. Why do you think Clemson was building slides and crazy football facilities? Why do people say anyone can recruit to UF instead of crediting the coaches? Maybe coach prime could improve our recruiting, but a top 20 would still put us behind our top 2 rivals.

Recruiting is selling the school more than selling the coach. Why do you think Clemson was building slides and crazy football facilities? Why do people say anyone can recruit to UF instead of crediting the coaches? Maybe coach prime could improve our recruiting, but a top 20 would still put us behind our top 2 rivals.
I guess we shouldn't hire Deion because we're destined to suck anyway? No, we hire Deion because we take a flier on something awesome. Or we go with the hum drum Tech man that will return us to the hum drum Chan Gailey level that ööööty ass Geoff Collins has lowered all of your expectations to accept. Y'all settle for the Honda, I want the Lamborghini. It may crash and burn or get you laid by super models. Either way it will be exciting.

I guess we shouldn't hire Deion because we're destined to suck anyway? No, we hire Deion because we take a flier on something awesome. Or we go with the hum drum Tech man that will return us to the hum drum Chan Gailey level that ööööty ass Geoff Collins has lowered all of your expectations to accept. Y'all settle for the Honda, I want the Lamborghini. It may crash and burn or get you laid by super models. Either way it will be exciting.

Sorry, was that supposed to be a real response? If you have the crystal ball and can see the future, sure let's do it. It seems like you're just gambling on emotions and hype because you lack an argument with anything substantial.

Sorry, was that supposed to be a real response? If you have the crystal ball and can see the future, sure let's do it. It seems like you're just gambling on emotions and hype because you lack an argument with anything substantial.
Why don’t you just come out and say that you’re a racist and that’s why you don’t want Deion? You made 0 arguments in this thread that made any sense and all you’re doing is making yourself look bad.

Back