Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

C'mon @Akinji07 & @TechRush, make the case for coach prime. But you have to do it without the words "hype", "atlanta", or "when he was a player decades ago". Keep the argument limited to his actual coaching experience. Tell me about the QBs he's developed. Tell me about the coaching trees he's been a part of. Tell me about his coaching mentors that have bestowed years of experience on the young coach.

C'mon @Akinji07 & @TechRush, make the case for coach prime. But you have to do it without the words "hype", "atlanta", or "when he was a player decades ago". Keep the argument limited to his actual coaching experience. Tell me about the QBs he's developed. Tell me about the coaching trees he's been a part of. Tell me about his coaching mentors that have bestowed years of experience on the young coach.
Plenty has already been said about why he’s the right choice. Your racism is clouding your judgment so there’s nothing to engage with here.

Plenty has already been said about why he’s the right choice. Your racism is clouding your judgment so there’s nothing to engage with here.

I don't take drunk insults to heart, but I expected more meaningful dialogue from you at least. If you can't even muster an argument, then perhaps let's return to this when you're sober.

deion-sanders-must-be-the-money.gif

I don't take drunk insults to heart, but I expected more meaningful dialogue from you at least. If you can't even muster an argument, then perhaps let's return to this when you're sober.
I’m pretty sober actually. I can’t see any other reason for why you hate Deion when people have been telling you good reasons why he would be the right choice for 36 pages.

I’m pretty sober actually. I can’t see any other reason for why you hate Deion when people have been telling you good reasons why he would be the right choice for 36 pages.

Its 36 pages of meaningless hype, "he got a 5* that one time", "he was an awesome player", and "he must know lots of coaches from being a player 25 years ago". I haven't seen a single answer in the entire thread talking about his ability to coach. Half of the thread seems to think it doesn't matter and that he can get any coach he wants despite being a rookie coach and his prime playing days being 2 decades ago.

This board has complained most consistently about the hill, academics, and the inherent difficulties of recruiting to tech. But we somehow think that Neon can magically fix those issues? If he has NIL money flowing at Jackson, why do we assume it all transfers with him? Because he's on an Aflac commercial? Do the boosters support him or Jackson?

It boils down to this: we aren't going to meaningfully out recruit uga, Clemson, or any other top 10 recruiting school. Even if we nailed top 15 classes every year (bringing us near to parity with our rivals), we have to be able to coach them. We need coaches who can develop players. Deion hasnt even coached 2 full years at a juco, so there's no record of him developing any players. At best he's a massive gamble.

Its 36 pages of meaningless hype, "he got a 5* that one time", "he was an awesome player", and "he must know lots of coaches from being a player 25 years ago". I haven't seen a single answer in the entire thread talking about his ability to coach. Half of the thread seems to think it doesn't matter and that he can get any coach he wants despite being a rookie coach and his prime playing days being 2 decades ago.

This board has complained most consistently about the hill, academics, and the inherent difficulties of recruiting to tech. But we somehow think that Neon can magically fix those issues? If he has NIL money flowing at Jackson, why do we assume it all transfers with him? Because he's on an Aflac commercial? Do the boosters support him or Jackson?

It boils down to this: we aren't going to meaningfully out recruit uga, Clemson, or any other top 10 recruiting school. Even if we nailed top 15 classes every year (bringing us near to parity with our rivals), we have to be able to coach them. We need coaches who can develop players. Deion hasnt even coached 2 full years at a juco, so there's no record of him developing any players. At best he's a massive gamble.
Ok my bad, you’re not being racist, just being a loser. I apologize.

But those same arguments sold you on coach clown. Bwahahahahahaha

Your only arguments are ööööting on our school saying he couldn't recruit here because no one can and that he isn't a good x's and o's coach. First the latter argument is completely unproven, and the former is ridiculous, dude is recruiting at a g5 level to an hbcu, and it's not even a premier hbcu he's doing it at a no history low level hbcu in ööööing Mississippi

I thought you wanted an actual discussion of the pros and cons of deion. My bad.
Waaah we can’t recruit…. Let’s bring Paul Johnson back because we’re losers!! Calculus!! Mah Tech! Whatever man. I’m done with all this öööö. Some of you create excuses to why we need to suck. There’s no actual discussion because you’re just gonna create more excuses for why we need to hire someone who can outscheme because we can’t get players. If you truly believe that we need to stop playing this game because there is no outscheming uga or Clemson. Those days are done. We’re either gonna play the big boy’s game or we’re gonna stop playing football in 10 years.

But those same arguments sold you on coach clown. Bwahahahahahaha

Huh? I was against coach clown. I thought he was just a hype man/recruiter. You've liked enough posts of me dunking on Collins to know better.

Your only arguments are ööööting on our school saying he couldn't recruit here because no one can and that he isn't a good x's and o's coach. First the latter argument is completely unproven, and the former is ridiculous, dude is recruiting at a g5 level to an hbcu, and it's not even a premier hbcu he's doing it at a no history low level hbcu in ööööing Mississippi

This doesn't make sense. His ability to teach the game is rather separate from his ability to recruit (particularly if it's with NIL money). How are those connected? And I agree that his ability to coach is completely unrpoven, as that has been my consistent argument against him. Why would you want to hire a coach if you don't know that he can coach!?

As for recruiting, I said the assumption that he will be nailing top 10 classes every year is a leap because of larger issues. If you don't think there are systemic difficulties to recruiting to tech that need to be addressed, say so. But this nonsense that me wanting to fix issues is "ööööting on" the school just for pointing them out is absurd.

Do you think we can out-recruit our rivals well enough that we don't need a good coach?

Huh? I was against coach clown. I thought he was also just a hype man/recruiter. You've liked enough posts of me dunking on Collins to know better.
You are correct. I mistook you for someone else. My bad.

But I think Deion can actually do what Collins promised. And I was a pretty big doubter when he started at JS. He can connect with talent and has. He has turned a program around and is winning pretty big.

I encourage you to watch some of his speeches to his team. He’s impressive.

This doesn't make sense. His ability to teach the game is rather separate from his ability to recruit (particularly if it's with NIL money). How are those connected? And I agree that his ability to coach is completely unrpoven, as that has been my consistent argument against him. Why would you want to hire a coach if you don't that he can coach!?

As for recruiting, I said the assumption that he will be nailing top 10 classes every year is a leap because of larger issues. If you don't think there are systemic difficulties to recruiting to tech that need to be addressed, say so. But this nonsense that me wanting to fix issues is "ööööting on" the school just for pointing them out is absurd.

Do you think we can out-recruit our rivals well enough that we don't need a good coach?

But I think Deion can actually do what Collins promised. And I was a pretty big doubter when he started at JS. He can connect with talent and has. He has turned a program around and is winning pretty big.

I encourage you to watch some of his speeches to his team. He’s impressive.

I've posted one of his speeches on st (this thread iirc). He's a great speaker. But do speeches alone win games? Does connecting emotionally with talent? No. I want to hear about how well he can coach if that's the position he's going to fill.

If he's going to just be a manager, tell me about the coaches he's going to pull. Who is going to jump to do the actual coaching when prime calls? Which top tier coaches joined him at Jackson state? Are those the best he can pull? If he can pull better, then who? And why haven't they joined him already?

Edit:

I'm not trying to dump it all on you. But I'm looking for more concrete answers to real questions that don't seem to be getting answered.

I've posted one of his speeches on st (this thread iirc). He's a great speaker. But do speeches alone win games? Does connecting emotionally with talent? No. I want to hear about how well he can coach if that's the position he's going to fill.

If he's going to just be a manager, tell me about the coaches he's going to pull. Who is going to jump to do the actual coaching when prime calls? Which top tier coaches joined him at Jackson state? Are those the best he can pull? If he can pull better, then who? And why haven't they joined him already?

Edit:

I'm not trying to dump it all on you. But I'm looking for more concrete answers to real questions that don't seem to be getting answered.
Nobody knows if he will be a good coach at the P5 level. Who do you want? Are they a proven coach at the P5 level?

Deion is high risk/high reward. We are in the perfect position to be the school to take the risk. If he fails we, we have 2-3 more years of losing and we try again. We are already at rock bottom.

Deion will bring talent. Sure he might not out recruit Clemson and the dwags but I'm guessing whoever you want won't either. Deion would bring more talent and do it faster than any other coach I can think of.

He would also get us good press from day one. We wouldn't be the team that won 3 games for the last 3 or maybe 4 years, we would be the team coached by primetime. Tech is an afterthought to high school kids. We have won 3 games or ran the TO since they were older enough to remember watching a game. They would listen if Deion said come play in Atlanta. Other more proven coaches can get things turned around but it will take several years.

Nobody can answer your questions. We don't know who would be on his staff or how good they can coach but based on a small sample size, advantages or not, he is winning the games he is coaching.

List your preferred candidate and I'm sure we can come up with a list of questions for you

Who would you hire then

Sorry, was that supposed to be a real response? If you have the crystal ball and can see the future, sure let's do it. It seems like you're just gambling on emotions and hype because you lack an argument with anything substantial.
I'm just arguing with your we are destined to suck so why hire Deion because he won't succeed argument.

Edit:

No, those are all great questions that he would need to be able to answer before actually getting hired. But that’s true of most all of our potential hires. As a fan it’s almost impossible to actually know these things beforehand. Judging him and all of his unknowns against other names I’ve heard and their unknowns, I’m optimistic. I definitely think he would bring immediate excitement to the program and would be a great recruiter. I think he would be very appealing to players individually and also to, just as importantly, their moms and dads on the recruiting trail.
The bigger question is what kind of OC/DC position coaches would he bring. I don’t know but that’s been true of most every Tech hire that’s come through.

Back