Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

One of the things that Key brought after he became interim is custom game planning, something we haven’t even had under CPJ and definitely didn’t have under Collins unless you count playing to not lose by a 100 against uga as a game plan. Another thing Key brought is belief that we can hang with the likes of uga and take shots at them to beat them. Also he’s been able to inspire loyalty in his company because he’s been in those same trenches that they’re fighting in wearing the same uniform. Brent Key is gonna be a helluva coach if he can get himself some decent recruits, this I believe. It’s not blind optimism or rooting for the Tech man because Collins era ensured that I’m never optimistic and watching the likes of Ted Roof or Stansbury made me realize that Tech men aren’t always the best men for every job. But I believe in Key and I also believe he will convince the rest of you who are angry at his hiring thinking we just can’t afford anyone else. Deion was my top pick for recruiting reasons but a lot of you I argued with in this very thread were right. Coaching is a lot more than just recruiting. I don’t know if Deion will be successful at Colorado but if he is he’ll be hired by Auburn in 3-5 years and Colorado will go back to being the bottom of the Pac12. We hired the right guy for the job.
I’d be perfectly fine if Deion came to GT and dominated for 3 years and then left.

I’m pulling for Deion, hope he does well. It’ll be a media/social networking carnival that’s for damn certain. Just grabbed a quarter zip online.
F54A259F-FB0B-45F9-ADBD-6C326DBC85CF.png

This is just laughable. Deion has been coaching rec league football so no one cared to roast him. Now that he preached the sermon about HBCU’s and left to come to real football these black recruiters aren’t going to show him the same reverence now that he threatens their paycheck. Every school in the south has black coaches/recruiters on staff and they are all going to be going hard at Deion. Of course none of it will be done in public. I can already hear Deion (who I really like as a sports figure) sitting in a kids house in Waycross or Birmingham, or Jacksonville telling them what he’s building and what they need to be a part of in ………… Boulder, Colorado. That’s just funny. Then the next day UGA sends in Dell McGee or Fran Brown to the same kids house. You don’t think they would point out Deions holier than thou rhetoric about JSU and then poof he’s gone? Or they could simply show the average daily temp and that would work too.

I love the sports figure of Deion but he is playing everyone and is playing daddy ball with his own kid. His son is a solid athlete playing QB. Very similar to Sims talent. Raw and needed coaching. Sims never got it at a high level. Shedeur Sanders isn’t getting it a lower level but he is winning because it’s glorified high school ball. If Sims had played at JSU they would have been undefeated too. Reality is about to come to Deion. But as long as the contract is guaranteed he’ll have the last laugh when he’s gone in a few years.
Didn’t Deion get the #1 DB in the country to go to Jackson State? If he can get recruits to go there then he’ll get them at Colorado. And if he can get them at Colorado, he damn sure could get them in Atlanta. It is truly unbelievable how committed we are to mediocrity.

Georgia Tech royally screwed up on this one… they remain committed to being cheap and 6 wins is the peak for the next 5 years…. Total disaster.

—-

Coastal Carolina sideline boss Jamey Chadwell agreed to a seven-year deal to become Liberty's head coach, sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel.

Chadwell's contract will be worth more than $4 million per year, Thamel adds.

Liberty was on the hunt for a head coach after losing Hugh Freeze to Auburn on Tuesday. Freeze led the Flames to a 34-15 record over four years.

Chadwell compiled a 39-21 record at Coastal Carolina. He posted consecutive 11-win seasons from 2020-21 before leading the Chanticleers to a 9-3 mark this season.

Coastal Carolina is targeting NC State offensive coordinator Tim Beck as Chadwell's replacement, sources told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.

I would rather have Coach Key than any other coach in America, including Saban and Chadwell. I believe Tech got this coaching hire exactly right. I don't want anything like a flavor of the week, smooth talking, PR-first coach wanting to reinvent the wheel. Key is exactly the coach that Tech needs right now, in my opinion. I would not trade him for anybody.

I will join we may have missed a big opportunity. Prime time selling ATL to young southeast athletes sounds appealing. Would we have run into issues between him and Hill over who we could recruit? Maybe. The other big concern would be can he coach? IDK
Nevertheless, I would have tried it. Very curious if there were any discussions.

That’s a helluva gamble when we owe $43M to the bank next year.
Everything is a gamble. Promoting your assistant HC who just presided over the worst GT football since B*** effing L**** is a hell of a gamble. Our revenue will continue to dwindle as we continue to tell our fans that we don’t care about winning.

How many new fans will we have because we hired Key? How many would we have if we hired Deion?

Back