Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Everything is a gamble. Promoting your assistant HC who just presided over the worst GT football since B*** effing L**** is a hell of a gamble. Our revenue will continue to dwindle as we continue to tell our fans that we don’t care about winning.

How many new fans will we have because we hired Key? How many would we have if we hired Deion?
the guy got a job at Colorado. Not Miami or Auburn or FSU. It’s slightly better than coaching Liberty. You can calm down.

Everything is a gamble. Promoting your assistant HC who just presided over the worst GT football since B*** effing L**** is a hell of a gamble. Our revenue will continue to dwindle as we continue to tell our fans that we don’t care about winning.

How many new fans will we have because we hired Key? How many would we have if we hired Deion?
I think a plausible answer to your last question could be 0. We could just have a lot of Sanders fans watching Georgia Tech games until he either leaves or loses. Hiring Key is still less of a gamble unless we royally ööööed up the contract.

the guy got a job at Colorado. Not Miami or Auburn or FSU. It’s slightly better than coaching Liberty. You can calm down.
Miami and FSU aren’t looking for a coach this year. And Auburn may be a train wreck, but they aren’t GT train wreck. Colorado is similar to GT in that it’s become irrelevant. One of those two schools fortunes just changed though.

I think a plausible answer to your last question could be 0. We could just have a lot of Sanders fans watching Georgia Tech games until he either leaves or loses. Hiring Key is still less of a gamble unless we royally ööööed up the contract.
I’d be fine with Deion coming to GT and winning a few championships and then leaving. I’ve never understood this argument. Somehow I’m supposed to be happy we hired a coach that we don’t have to worry about anyone stealing?

FB_IMG_1669632565026.jpg

It wasn’t necessarily at me particularly, but there was always a subtle undercurrent when anyone tried to explain that Deion only cares about Deion. Especially reading other boards like r/cfb, etc. A ton of people would get pissed at anyone saying Deion wasn’t a JSU lifer
Is this r/cfb? Is this "other boards?"

These posts of yours deserve a Lifetime :bigcry: Award.

I liked Chadwell, but it seems like he might not have been a fit. Maybe he is a guy who prioritizes lifestyle and comfort over level of competition. My guess is we offered an incentive-heavy contract. Rather than bet on himself to get to the next level, he is getting guaranteed money to keep beating up on G5 programs. Key has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, which the better GT coaches have had.

Miami and FSU aren’t looking for a coach this year. And Auburn may be a train wreck, but they aren’t GT train wreck. Colorado is similar to GT in that it’s become irrelevant. One of those two schools fortunes just changed though.
I understand your anger and pessimism. I think we made the better hire and you think we ööööed up. I believe you’ll be pleasantly surprised next season for all our sakes.

That’s just not true. There’s been a number of articles written about Key being the right hire and best man for the job. Not to mention praise from other coaches.
LOL!!! Artices by dwag fans and praise from other coaches hoping to kick his ass. OK.

Now I know not to retain your services as an attorney. I bet you have had a bunch of clients lose their homes or sit in cells because you represented them with your level of intelligence.
Dumbass. You act like I don’t have any say so. I’d never represent you because you’re a clown who believes Deion would go to Colorfrigginado but would tell Tech to shove it. Matter of fact, if that’s actually true, then we all should just resign ourselves to having a crappy team forever.

I understand your anger and pessimism. I think we made the better hire and you think we ööööed up. I believe you’ll be pleasantly surprised next season for all our sakes.
I’d love to be wrong. I’m rooting for your guy! Hope you’re laughing at me this time next year.

I’m trying not to post actually. Failing miserably today. Go Wreck! Go Key! Peace out

Dumbass. You act like I don’t have any say so. I’d never represent you because you’re a clown who believes Deion would go to Colorfrigginado but would tell Tech to shove it. Matter of fact, if that’s actually true, then we all should just resign ourselves to having a crappy team forever.

We interview Chadwell. We don’t hire Chadwell and Liberty hires him. Tech fans: OMG WE’RE WORSE THAN LIBERTY!

Same logic applies to Deion.

Back