Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

This is just laughable. Deion has been coaching rec league football so no one cared to roast him. Now that he preached the sermon about HBCU’s and left to come to real football these black recruiters aren’t going to show him the same reverence now that he threatens their paycheck. Every school in the south has black coaches/recruiters on staff and they are all going to be going hard at Deion. Of course none of it will be done in public. I can already hear Deion (who I really like as a sports figure) sitting in a kids house in Waycross or Birmingham, or Jacksonville telling them what he’s building and what they need to be a part of in ………… Boulder, Colorado. That’s just funny. Then the next day UGA sends in Dell McGee or Fran Brown to the same kids house. You don’t think they would point out Deions holier than thou rhetoric about JSU and then poof he’s gone? Or they could simply show the average daily temp and that would work too.

I love the sports figure of Deion but he is playing everyone and is playing daddy ball with his own kid. His son is a solid athlete playing QB. Very similar to Sims talent. Raw and needed coaching. Sims never got it at a high level. Shedeur Sanders isn’t getting it a lower level but he is winning because it’s glorified high school ball. If Sims had played at JSU they would have been undefeated too. Reality is about to come to Deion. But as long as the contract is guaranteed he’ll have the last laugh when he’s gone in a few years.

I never said they wouldn't recruit against him. Of course they will. But they won't be roasting him for taking an opportunity to move up to P5.

Deion's time at JSU will be viewed as a positive if anything.

Things D-onion will discover in Boulder:
1. Snow
2. Cold
3. Wind, snow, cold
4. Range fires
5. Bicyclists
6. Subaru
7. No 5th downs (5th down mulligan already used circa 1990).
8. Elevation (should be #1).
9. Hemp.
10. Any combination of the above.

please add as you see fit.
But at least all those 5-stars will get to continue with their favorite off-field activities: skiiing and snowboarding

The only QB recruit we have ever had in our program with a higher rating coming out of high school than Sanders was Jeff Sims who Key just lost. The Colorado QB will certainly be a Hesiman candidate to start the year next year, and if you think otherwise, tell me you never watched college football without telling me that you never watched college football. Ill bump this thread June 2023.
Sanders was a 4 star because he’s a great athlete and who his father is. He isn’t a Heisman candidate or NFL QB. This year, next year, or the year after.

This is all pure Deion high stepping into the end zone. Except he’s doing it with daddy ball. Think about this - Deion just got 10 plus million dollars to be a daddy ball coach. That is awesome. Good for you Deion. I’m sure in August they’ll unfurl a banner at their stadium with ‘Shedeur for Heisman”. But at some point he and his son are going to have to produce against real competition And then it will be a soap opera.

I’d take that wager.
In 2-3 years, all they'd have to do is win a PAC-12 with no USC and no UCLA. I think that's pretty doable. Now, that's if and only if Colorado comes through and eases up the transfer restrictions.

yea, hire someone who gave up on CC two weeks ago and let the team get their fudge packed.

I think this is great for Chadwell. He is getting paid a lot at Liberty, where he can win many games and spin into a big P5 job.

He did really well.

Yeah, that's the annoying thing for me. We won't really know anything more about Chadwell after this job since it's basically moving into an easier gig (given how much Liberty outspends its opponents.)

Georgia Tech royally screwed up on this one… they remain committed to being cheap and 6 wins is the peak for the next 5 years…. Total disaster.

—-

Coastal Carolina sideline boss Jamey Chadwell agreed to a seven-year deal to become Liberty's head coach, sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel.

Chadwell's contract will be worth more than $4 million per year, Thamel adds.

Liberty was on the hunt for a head coach after losing Hugh Freeze to Auburn on Tuesday. Freeze led the Flames to a 34-15 record over four years.

Chadwell compiled a 39-21 record at Coastal Carolina. He posted consecutive 11-win seasons from 2020-21 before leading the Chanticleers to a 9-3 mark this season.

Coastal Carolina is targeting NC State offensive coordinator Tim Beck as Chadwell's replacement, sources told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.
STFU hater

I’m glad we hired Brent Key, but wtf is this supposed to mean? Coastal JUST moved up from FCS, and Chadwell went 31-6 over the past 3 years. I have no idea what scandal you are referring to, but I think you have the flash and substance part entirely backwards. Dude is a consistent winner at the levels he has coached at.

That being said, if we ever play Liberty while he’s there, I hope we give him the James Madison treatment.

IF you've paid any attention to the "defense" that Coastal has trotted out the past few years, you'd know what I mean. Chadwell had to sit out a game at Southern for a recruiting violation and was HC when 30 of his players were suspended there as well.

Dude's a consistent winner only by out-scoring some of his opponents with a good QB. His defenses always stink and without McCall, Coastal has looked very mediocre the past month with McCall on the sidelines.

1000001080.gif

Georgia Tech royally screwed up on this one… they remain committed to being cheap and 6 wins is the peak for the next 5 years…. Total disaster.

—-

Coastal Carolina sideline boss Jamey Chadwell agreed to a seven-year deal to become Liberty's head coach, sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel.

Chadwell's contract will be worth more than $4 million per year, Thamel adds.

Liberty was on the hunt for a head coach after losing Hugh Freeze to Auburn on Tuesday. Freeze led the Flames to a 34-15 record over four years.

Chadwell compiled a 39-21 record at Coastal Carolina. He posted consecutive 11-win seasons from 2020-21 before leading the Chanticleers to a 9-3 mark this season.

Coastal Carolina is targeting NC State offensive coordinator Tim Beck as Chadwell's replacement, sources told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg.

Liberty has all that evangelical empire money. Tech could start their own church and make donating to GA Tech a religious virtue, and then maybe they could pay out the big bucks

Back