Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

What a super weird hire. I can't think of a coaching change that is more lateral in every single way. Basically the same exact school/program on opposite sides of the river.

I don't understand that one. Louisville fans I think are fairy happy he's gone though. Cincinatti seems to be up on upward trend. Satterfield not so much, so how does that work

Deion has already anointed his son as starter at QB

giphy.gif

I don't understand that one. Louisville fans I think are fairy happy he's gone though. Cincinatti seems to be up on upward trend. Satterfield not so much, so how does that work
They were having a great recruiting year. I think he had turned the corner and UofL was about to be good. Now they are looking for a coach after everyone else.

We need to be in touch with 3 of their recruits from GA.

I think we should hire Tech men for all coaching positions. The only people who won't flounder at this exceptional and prestigious school are Tech men. Saban and Belichik beware.

They were having a great recruiting year. I think he had turned the corner and UofL was about to be good. Now they are looking for a coach after everyone else.

We need to be in touch with 3 of their recruits from GA.
UL has 5 highly rated guys committed from California, 4 from the same place. I would wager they don't come now that he's gone, but I also could've seen a major culture shock moving across country from California to Kentucky and they may not have stayed there long at all anyway.

Nice first team meeting with the Colorado team - “Better start looking at the portal, because I’m bringing all my guys in to replace you”. We might have dodged a bullet by not chasing after him. Plus he’s getting almost $6 MM a year with a huge buyout. Will either turn the program around or go completely down in flames.

Satterfield news is a positive for us. In my mind, that opener goes from toss-up to feeling pretty good about it.

Bad analogy. Sherman kicked ass all the way to Savannah, even saying "öööö it" and cutting his OWN supply lines so he could move faster.

Yeah. Why take a chance for greatness? Being mired in irrelevance is so much better.
There is nothing other than a stint at Jackson State to indicate any sort of greatness when it comes to Deion coaching

Go watch some game highlights. Watching is like watching film of Marietta playing Harrison or something. Does not look like big boy football. He better bring a hell of a lot of discipline or Oregon will hang 70 on them next season.

The issue is that as soon as he stumbles, then everyone will desert him. This doesn’t build loyalty. The media is sharpening their nails for the failure stories.

It will be a very interesting experiment.

The Satterfield hiring is pretty surprising. He was probably a year away from being fired (with a large Louisville contingent wanting him gone now).

Louisville just hit the lottery. Why couldnt some dumbass school have hired Geff?

Yeah, I’m sure all the other team members will be completely ok with Deion playing favorites at QB.

Worked out well with Luginbill and Bill Lewis
Have you seen Colorado's options at quarterback?

Watch Coach Key’s presser from today and then tell me you’d rather have another freaking clown-show like Deion instead?

Was thinking the exact same thing while watching and just made a post to that effect in the CBK press conference thread. Deion is a moonshot hire and I give Colorado credit for taking it -- but I'm very happy with who we have. We'll see what happens on the field.

Back