Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

That’s not the point. Deion has said there is no competition and my son is going to be the quarterback. Would you want to play for a coach who makes such proclamations?

If you watch the clip, he literally says “he’s going to have to earn it.”

Still, the whole situation (bringing the best players from his former job, etc.) is weird and messed up.

JRjr

Same here, Satterfield was my #1 to replace CPJ. Instead, we got a waffle and juice clown, and I bought the hype - until I remembered I’m actually a fairly intelligent person.
"Fairly" will accept the self assessment

Classy speech right off the bat

“We got a few positions taken care of because I’m bringing my luggage with me, and it’s Louis,” said Sanders. “It ain’t gone be no more of a mess that these wonderful fans, the student body, and some of your parents have put up with for probably two decades. I’m coming, and when I get here it’s gonna be changed. So I want y’all to get ready. Go ahead and jump in that (transfer) portal and do whatever you’re gonna get. Because the more of you jump in, the more room you make. We bring kids that are smart and tough.”
Colorado has a 3 star freshman RB from Buford, Victor Venn, majoring in Biology. Also, a 3 star freshman S from Atlanta, Xavier Smith. And a 4 star freshman LB from Atlanta, Aubrey Smith, majoring in Psychology. Maybe they are interested in coming home?

Harsh, sure. But he's doing exactly what he was hired to do. Those guys went 1-11 last year. This is a business for both sides now. There is no going back to pretending otherwise.
Unfortunately you are right. I don't like it, but CFB is a business now, especially for schools who are playing to win. I have no sympathy for Deion's players. You can't make the sport a business (i.e. the right to transfer and NIL money) and then turn around and act like it isn't a business when it suits you. Once you get paid, you are getting paid to produce. I wish we could turn back the clock and keep it an amateur sport but what's done is done. Deion is just making explicit what the CFB reality is now.

That being said, I never wanted Deion as our coach and I am on the CBK train.

No need to discuss Deion. He’s not GT and he’s not our coach. Time to go all in on Key. Watch his press conference if you need help.

Meh. Every school's message boards will be discussing Deion, not just us. That's why he's getting this shot, he brings an unrivaled buzz (no pun intended) that no other coach or even program can compete with.

Meh. Every school's message boards will be discussing Deion, not just us. That's why he's getting this shot, he brings an unrivaled buzz (no pun intended) that no other coach or even program can compete with.
And every one of us who is paying attention to it and talking about it, even if we are decrying it as the death of college football; all of us are reinforcing to them that this guy, this spectacle, this bullshit - this is what we want and this is how to keep us watching.

Deion is gonna print money for the sports media. Looking forward to the quotable moments.

CU's success will strongly depend on their coordinators/positions coaches. Deion's job is to be the hype man that will attract 4/5 stars ... that's about it.

Deion is gonna print money for the sports media. Looking forward to the quotable moments.

CU's success will strongly depend on their coordinators/positions coaches. Deion's job is to be the hype man that will attract 4/5 stars ... that's about it.
Does Deion have the humility to stand back and let them work though?

What a super weird hire. I can't think of a coaching change that is more lateral in every single way. Basically the same exact school/program on opposite sides of the river.
Apparently they are bowl game opponents too.

I’m sure Boulder loves Deion’s constant empty references to God, too. That place thinks Marxism is too conservative.

Did I hear that right? Colorado’s changing their transfer credit review process and the president announced it during Deion press conference?

Talk about literally devaluing your degree to win football games.

Back