Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

There is nothing other than a stint at Jackson State to indicate any sort of greatness when it comes to Deion coaching

Go watch some game highlights. Watching is like watching film of Marietta playing Harrison or something. Does not look like big boy football. He better bring a hell of a lot of discipline or Oregon will hang 70 on them next season.

Being competitive in every game seems reasonable. Tech isn’t competitive with the Clemsons, UGAs, Ole Misses, and NDs of the world. What the hell is the point of beating the Dukes of the world if you aren’t competitive in a host of other games on your schedule? We haven’t been competitive in those games since 2016/2017 save one Ukulele disaster performance. Seems like the average Tech fan is cool with 5-6 wins/year and getting trounced by the big boys. Makes more sense to drop down to FCS if that’s your goal. We longer have the comfort of a crappy Coastal division to puff up our record yearly.

You guys can mourn all you want, I maintain that Deion would have been an unmitigated disaster and nobody would be talking about rebuilding Tech once he left because it would be ööööing impossible. öööö Colorado and öööö Deion and öööö this öööö.

Being competitive in every game seems reasonable. Tech isn’t competitive with the Clemsons, UGAs, Ole Misses, and NDs of the world. What the hell is the point of beating the Dukes of the world if you aren’t competitive in a host of other games on your schedule? We haven’t been competitive in those games since 2016/2017 save one Ukulele disaster performance. Seems like the average Tech fan is cool with 5-6 wins/year and getting trounced by the big boys. Makes more sense to drop down to FCS if that’s your goal. We longer have the comfort of a crappy Coastal division to puff up our record yearly.
You're either a troll or you've never talked to a Tech fan before just now.

No Tech fan I have ever met has ever been satisfied with 5-6 wins, and I have attended every home game for decades now

Harsh, sure. But he's doing exactly what he was hired to do. Those guys went 1-11 last year. This is a business for both sides now. There is no going back to pretending otherwise.
No, he isn't. He's promoting himself. His goal is to take Colorado from 1 win to 8 or 9 and then bail for something better.

giphy.gif
Wouldn't it be funny if Deion's son entered the transfer portal and we picked him up? Not every kid wants to play for Dad, you know.

I think Satterfield is a good coach and I wanted him at Tech when we hired Collins. I was right. I am surprised to see him move to Cincinnati but could be money. Satterfield is a competent if not great coach. Cincinnati did well with this one. IMO

Meanwhile coach Key “we are going to develop the team we have in front of us first and make them men.” One of these two dudes cares about student athletes, one probably cares about winning only and themselves.

You guys can mourn all you want, I maintain that Deion would have been an unmitigated disaster and nobody would be talking about rebuilding Tech once he left because it would be ööööing impossible. öööö Colorado and öööö Deion and öööö this öööö.
Your first post I agree with. Deion would have destroyed Tech football, no recovery. His son will now play superior competition rather than high schools, and when he sucks the blame goes to everyone. Deion is gone In 3 years and the school is in flames.

If he came to Tech, was a death penalty. Tech would have been a modern day University of Chicago where the focus is academics and we walk from college sports when the smoke cleared

I think Satterfield is a good coach and I wanted him at Tech when we hired Collins. I was right. I am surprised to see him move to Cincinnati but could be money. Satterfield is a competent if not great coach. Cincinnati did well with this one. IMO

Same here, Satterfield was my #1 to replace CPJ. Instead, we got a waffle and juice clown, and I bought the hype - until I remembered I’m actually a fairly intelligent person.

Classy speech right off the bat

“We got a few positions taken care of because I’m bringing my luggage with me, and it’s Louis,” said Sanders. “It ain’t gone be no more of a mess that these wonderful fans, the student body, and some of your parents have put up with for probably two decades. I’m coming, and when I get here it’s gonna be changed. So I want y’all to get ready. Go ahead and jump in that (transfer) portal and do whatever you’re gonna get. Because the more of you jump in, the more room you make. We bring kids that are smart and tough.”

Where’s the late, great Dick Enberg when you need an, “Oh My”

What else did Colorado agree to for Deion to sign? Maybe change the college name to Colorado Prime University?

Back