Our players didn't quit, but a lot of our fans did!

Yeah. Anyone that bought into Collins being a good D coach, or even a decent secondary coach, can see the truth now. We have a middle school defense.

He was successful as a DC every time he’s been one. I wish he’d kick Thacker to the curb and call the defense himself.

The "Tuck Rule" bailed out Brady and the Pats, that happens sometimes in FB , no one calls it a bad fumble at an inopportune time by Brady, it is an incomplete pass due to the Tuck Rule, in this case it was roughing, and no Int.
A bad play be nullified removes it from the stat book. It doesn’t justify a bad decision on a play. Kinda simple. Hope y’all can follow now.

If moral victories counted as wins we would've made a bowl each year under CGC.

But they don't.

He was successful as a DC every time he’s been one. I wish he’d kick Thacker to the curb and call the defense himself.
He’s the head coach. And not a good one. His prior successes appear to have come from taking over what others built.

A bad play be nullified removes it from the stat book. It doesn’t justify a bad decision on a play. Kinda simple. Hope y’all can follow now.

CDP didn’t look that upset after the pick (or any of the poor throws). I think he knows he can go to the film and get Sims to correct the areas. “Hey, the safety was here. He’s going to cover the under on this route. You better option is here. Keep your head moving, you telegraphed that throw.”

I’m not overly worried about Sims. He is too aggressive, but reigning that in is usually easier than getting a check down guy to take more risks.

CDP didn’t look that upset after the pick (or any of the poor throws). I think he knows he can go to the film and get Sims to correct the areas. “Hey, the safety was here. He’s going to cover the under on this route. You better option is here. Keep your head moving, you telegraphed that throw.”

I’m not overly worried about Sims. He is too aggressive, but reigning that in is usually easier than getting a check down guy to take more risks.
I’m not calling for Sims to be replaced. I think you missed my point. It was more specific. I do have concerns DP can diagnose and fix much of anything.

We have too many player’s coaches and no coach’s coaches. We need at least one asshole on staff and it should probably be the d coordinator.

I’m not calling for Sims to be replaced. I think you missed my point. It was more specific. I do have concerns DP can diagnose and fix much of anything.

I was just commenting that I think the staff feels this is fixable.

I would like the staff to show a little more urgency. A little less “we’ll get them next time” and a little more “what the öööö was that”.

And it still doesn't count as a play. I'd like to have the two plays back where we got the BS holding calls, but those penalties count too. I'd also like for the WR hold to be called on UVA.
Refs didn't cost us this game.
Having the Number 96 defense in the nation in terms of total defense — and the number 116 defense out of 130 third downs — did.
Hell, virginia can probably point to a couple of things they did or the refs missed that held them under 50.

Our fans are a bunch of whiny pussies who don't want to build our program. They are generally dumbasses who pine for mediocrity instead of building a program. They would be happy with keeping games close by running clock with lesser players because their insecurities as GT fans are projected into their fandom. They aren't good enough or alpha enough so they cuck themselves out to UGAg fans and relegate themselves to being second tier to the gaggers instead of trying to compete.

Refs didn't cost us this game.
Having the Number 96 defense in the nation in terms of total defense — and the number 116 defense out of 130 third downs — did.
Hell, virginia can probably point to a couple of things they did or the refs missed that held them under 50.
The refs absolutely ruined two of our drives and extended one of Virginia's drives with a non call. Not to mention the targeting call.

This should be the last year of getting out of 2 or more picks per game card for Sims

Our fans are a bunch of whiny pussies who don't want to build our program. They are generally dumbasses who pine for mediocrity instead of building a program. They would be happy with keeping games close by running clock with lesser players because their insecurities as GT fans are projected into their fandom. They aren't good enough or alpha enough so they cuck themselves out to UGAg fans and relegate themselves to being second tier to the gaggers instead of trying to compete.
You realize we are not going to be favored in any game the rest of the year and we are likely to have 8 wins over 3 years. You call being upset with these results “pining for mediocrity” and not wanting to “build a program”. Just what are we building? There is no evidence that our coach can build a program. He inherited one from a future NFL coach and barely sustained it now it’s tanking with his players as upper class men. We are going to see the same here.

People who know football chased CPJout and doubted him HIS ENTIRE TENURE AT GT. And he was winning at twice the clip of the guy you are drooling over, and was very close to being 5-6 against UGA (yes he was close to being 0-11 too). We chased him out and didn’t move on to a pupil of his or someone running a similar offense because we didn’t want to be unique. Stupid. Very stupid. The football program will not recover and fan interest will be in the dirt.

I love Geoff Collins as an individual and an ambassador for GT Football. I hope he stays involved with the program, but there is no evidence he is a good head football coach at this level. We are miraculously not 2-5 right now. And we are “pining for mediocrity”. Gimme a break.

—edit—

I stand corrected we are 3.5 point favorites against VPI. We’ll see I guess.

Last edited:
I follow, it was a bad decision by Brady to hold the ball long enough such that he had to re tuck under pressure and fumble, but it was an incomplete pass according to history.

Sims had a 15 yd roughing penalty, and no play, just like in baseball hanging curves that get hit 400 feet foul are foul balls and strikes.

Great Post!

Truthful comments!

The problem with our defense is how could you tell if they’ve quit?

they can’t rush the passer, make tackles, keep up with receivers, beat a block, etc in the first quarter. What would quitting look like? Literally laying down on the field?
I'm resisting the urge to put together a mash-up of plays because it would be way too much effort, but I think I can get at least one snap of poor effort demonstrated for each of our starting players.

I get that guys take plays off when the play isn't coming their way, I just hate the "never quit" trope and take issue with the proximity to the action from some of our guys who decide to jog it out.

Screenshot_20211024-231045_YouTube.jpg

While several of our fans, on this message board, were running down our players those young men were still FIGHTING! I don't care for this coaching staff, but we have some good players who play with a lot of heart.

I never like fans who run down there own players. You can criticize your team's play without singling out players and calling them out by name. The coaches get paid a fortune to coach a sport. I don't mind calling them out, by name, anytime it's warranted (i.e. Thacker's lousy defense).

I'm proud of OUR team not quitting! Tonight, Tech almost made several on here eat there words. The Jackets may not win another game this season, but our players deserve our support. I hope they can win some more games in spite of the coaches.

GO JACKETS!
Not me......not now.....not in 1981......not ever.....just call me.....never quit. Does anyone out there remember the grafitti on the walls of Peters Parking Dock from the mid 80's?

Back