Our players didn't quit, but a lot of our fans did!

[QUOTE="GTCrew4b, post: 2862777, member: 6453"
The younger players are being taught the same things as the older players. Why would the results be different? Do you think the coaching staff is trying to lose games?
[/QUOTE]
Not trying to lose games, but at least half of the staff are inept and have no business coaching a P5 program that has said it wants to be an elite P5 program.

I was just commenting that I think the staff feels this is fixable.

I would like the staff to show a little more urgency. A little less “we’ll get them next time” and a little more “what the öööö was that”.
Assuming that "this is fixable", what do you need to see as evidence it is fixed? For me it would be WINS. Not just playing better and more competitively , but winning games. I honestly don't feel we will see that anytime soon. When we are losing the way we are losing and to the opponents we are losing to, there is zero urgency.

Assuming that "this is fixable", what do you need to see as evidence it is fixed? For me it would be WINS. Not just playing better and more competitively , but winning games. I honestly don't feel we will see that anytime soon. When we are losing the way we are losing and to the opponents we are losing to, there is zero urgency.

Well, I would prefer wins over anything else. And wins are certainly coupled with good qb play.

Things I would like to see.

1. More touch on his throws, not everything has to be a rocket. Can you get away with that? Sure, but better touch means more receptions and fewer interceptions.

2. Fewer passes where the qb is staring down the route. Sims is bad about this, but on his interceptions, it has been a problem. That is fixable. Show him the film and say “This is why this pass got picked”.

3. Cut out the floaters when the rush is coming in his face. He has had a few throws this year where he has just tossed the ball up for grabs.

Generally, though, Sims makes good decisions and passes. He’s still adjusting to the game. His mechanics are better than the garbage Clemson has rolled out this year.

There is also the problem with the supporting staff. Sims needs to trust his arm as much as his legs. But that is a problem when our receivers can’t get separation and Sims can get more yards by running instead.

You realize we are not going to be favored in any game the rest of the year and we are likely to have 8 wins over 3 years. You call being upset with these results “pining for mediocrity” and not wanting to “build a program”. Just what are we building? There is no evidence that our coach can build a program. He inherited one from a future NFL coach and barely sustained it now it’s tanking with his players as upper class men. We are going to see the same here.

People who know football chased CPJout and doubted him HIS ENTIRE TENURE AT GT. And he was winning at twice the clip of the guy you are drooling over, and was very close to being 5-6 against UGA (yes he was close to being 0-11 too). We chased him out and didn’t move on to a pupil of his or someone running a similar offense because we didn’t want to be unique. Stupid. Very stupid. The football program will not recover and fan interest will be in the dirt.

I love Geoff Collins as an individual and an ambassador for GT Football. I hope he stays involved with the program, but there is no evidence he is a good head football coach at this level. We are miraculously not 2-5 right now. And we are “pining for mediocrity”. Gimme a break.

—edit—

I stand corrected we are 3.5 point favorites against VPI. We’ll see I guess.
We also have 9 wins over the 3 seasons so far.

This should be the last year of getting out of 2 or more picks per game card for Sims
2 or more picks per Game?

Hyperbole much?

Sims has played 14 to 15 games in his career and has nowhere close to 28 to 30 career interceptions which would correspond to your claim above about "2 or more picks per game"!

Explain to the GT Fanbase, the GT Players, to HS Recruits, Coaches, and Parents of Recruits why a so called "Fan" like you would intentionally write on a Public Forum something that you know is very inaccurate, very reckless about a Player(Sims) that has done nothing but keep his head down work exceptionally hard to get better, and try like hell to win Games for his Teammates?

Please explain yourself, you owe Mr Sims and the Parents of upcoming Recruits an explanation for your post above?

In about 14.5 games, Sims has thrown 18 picks. He’s had 6 games with 2+ picks, including 1 game with 4 picks. He had a 7th game where a second pick was neutralized by a penalty. It’s foolish to deny that he’s got a problem with interceptions that needs to improve.

JRjr

2 or more picks per Game?

Hyperbole much?

Sims has played 14 to 15 games in his career and has nowhere close to 28 to 30 career interceptions which would correspond to your claim above about "2 or more picks per game"!

Explain to the GT Fanbase, the GT Players, to HS Recruits, Coaches, and Parents of Recruits why a so called "Fan" like you would intentionally write on a Public Forum something that you know is very inaccurate, very reckless about a Player(Sims) that has done nothing but keep his head down work exceptionally hard to get better, and try like hell to win Games for his Teammates?

Please explain yourself, you owe Mr Sims and the Parents of upcoming Recruits an explanation for your post above?

Go öööö yourself, you sanctimonious ass. We don’t need any hall monitors around here.

JRjr

In about 14.5 games, Sims has thrown 18 picks. He’s had 6 games with 2+ picks, including 1 game with 4 picks. He had a 7th game where a second pick was neutralized by a penalty. It’s foolish to deny that he’s got a problem with interceptions that needs to improve.

JRjr
Still isn't 2 picks per game. You can man up sometimes and admit you're wrong, you know.

It is a pretty bad look when our fans blatantly lie about our athletes on a public forum, especially since potential recruits can easily find this board with a simple google search

Go öööö yourself, you sanctimonious ass. We don’t need any hall monitors around here.

JRjr
Or man up and just admit you lied about his stats. What next? Almost interceptions? Gonna count "well, that was close" against Sims? Pretty soon, you'll devolve into "any pass ever thrown could be picked" as your rationale for being a jerk.

He’s fumbled a lot too. I’m sure he averages 2 Turnovers a game.

Sims has lost 6 fumbles in his career.

He’s fumbled 5 other times and we recovered it. 2 of those times led to punts in the same series of downs. 1 of them led to a missed FG.

he’s improved a lot on the fumbles.

Last edited:
Still isn't 2 picks per game. You can man up sometimes and admit you're wrong, you know.

It is a pretty bad look when our fans blatantly lie about our athletes on a public forum, especially since potential recruits can easily find this board with a simple google search

Who the öööö do you think you’re talking to? Do you have a reading comprehension deficit? I’m not the one who said he had 2 picks per game, I just posted the actual stats. I’m not wrong about öööö. Dumbass.

JRjr

Or man up and just admit you lied about his stats. What next? Almost interceptions? Gonna count "well, that was close" against Sims? Pretty soon, you'll devolve into "any pass ever thrown could be picked" as your rationale for being a jerk.

Go back and read the last few posts slowly and then take the L, you slapdick mouthbreather.

All I posted was Sims’ stats pulled straight from ESPN (and said he was throwing too many picks). The stats clearly show something like 1.2 picks per game on average. A ööööty piece of evidence for me if I was trying to say he has 2 per game, but a pretty good piece of evidence that he throws a lot of picks.

Two posts calling me a liar because you can’t read or tell who posted what. You’re an idiot.

JRjr

Who the öööö do you think you’re talking to? Do you have a reading comprehension deficit? I’m not the one who said he had 2 picks per game, I just posted the actual stats. I’m not wrong about öööö. Dumbass.

JRjr
You defended it, bitch.

Let's calm down, its actually 1.71picks per game, does that make you feel better? GEEZ, just cant keep doing this year after year was my point.

Let's calm down, its actually 1.71picks per game, does that make you feel better? GEEZ, just cant keep doing this year after year was my point.
Whatever it takes to make you feel better, gramps.

We could always return to the few decades of 40% completion rates, I guess, and hope to hold on to thrilling 14-10 victories.

How are you not on a permanent ban for being such a bad StinGTalk member? You literally b*itch NONSTOP on a public internet forum about anyone other than your opinion when we all have the right to agree or disagree about sports topics. Maybe you should try to focus on getting laid as much as you do putting other people on this board down and you might just even smile once in a while........ Gramps

You defended it, bitch.

No, I posted stats that clearly show a pick rate around 1.24 per game. How is that defending a statement that he throws 2 picks per game? You’re literally arguing against math.

I’ve said repeatedly (even in the last 24 hours) that I’ve got no problem with Sims. He’s playing pretty well for us all things considered. But he’s throwing picks at a relatively high rate (just for fun I looked up Pickett, Armstrong, Holmborg, Howell, and Ukulele, and at a glance, they throw picks at a much lower rate).

If Sims can get the pick numbers down, it’ll really help us out. I’m not sure why you’re so butthurt about that.

JRjr

How are you not on a permanent ban for being such a bad StinGTalk member? You literally b*itch NONSTOP on a public internet forum about anyone other than your opinion when we all have the right to agree or disagree about sports topics. Maybe you should try to focus on getting laid as much as you do putting other people on this board down and you might just even smile once in a while........ Gramps
No, I swat the negative fans like you, who believe we should already be playing for an ACC championship 2 seasons after having our worst roster in decades. You guys are irrational idiots who somehow believe that a school like GT can take two years of recruiting and program change and somehow become a UGA or Alabama.

It is going to take time. Morons like you just want to win 7 or 8 a season and play an occasional ACC championship. Maybe beat UGAg every once in a while.

I am not happy with that. I don't pine for the days of having our team physically dominated and hope that our coach somehow can outscheme the opponent. We assisted UGA to become what they have become by surrendering this state. We gave up on seeking talent. We gave up on building bridges to coaching staffs around the state.

We are getting that now. We have gotten some real good talent on this team, despite your crybaby attitude. Sims is a good QB who could be great. Hell of an arm and 21 MPH speed. His protection last year was scary bad. He has been dinged up a bit this season, bit he looked pretty good since he's been back.the OL looks better than they did last season, but obviously need improvement. Defense needs a lot of work, especially at DT and LB, we just have no depth and I think we fade a bit because of it.

I am certain, if you were AD, you would have done much better job and we'd be ranked up with UGA by now. (That is sarcasm,in case you're a bit slow and don't get it)

Back