Our players didn't quit, but a lot of our fans did!

No, I posted stats that clearly show a pick rate around 1.24 per game. How is that defending a statement that he throws 2 picks per game? You’re literally arguing against math.

I’ve said repeatedly (even in the last 24 hours) that I’ve got no problem with Sims. He’s playing pretty well for us all things considered. But he’s throwing picks at a relatively high rate (just for fun I looked up Pickett, Armstrong, Holmborg, Howell, and Ukulele, and at a glance, they throw picks at a much lower rate).

If Sims can get the pick numbers down, it’ll really help us out. I’m not sure why you’re so butthurt about that.

JRjr
Because you got pretty ööööty with the poster that presented some valid points.

The jackass that just got himself banned again? He’s an idiot and any good points he might make are buried in a flood of sanctimonious know-it-all smugness, stupid takes, and random capitalization.

JRjr
He seems to think pretty logically, unlike your posts. His bannable offense was getting pulled into the ditch in the recruiting thread, which is a zero tolerance area.

He seems to think pretty logically, unlike your posts. His bannable offense was getting pulled into the ditch in the recruiting thread, which is a zero tolerance area.

Like you’d recognize logic if you saw it. You’ve just hitched your wagon to the guy that uses the most words.

Where’s the illogic in saying that averaging over a pick a game is too high and is something that needs to be a point of emphasis?

JRjr

Like you’d recognize logic if you saw it. You’ve just hitched your wagon to the guy that uses the most words.

Where’s the illogic in saying that averaging over a pick a game is too high and is something that needs to be a point of emphasis?

JRjr
Did anyone say that the pick situation didn't need corrected? Did he say it? We recognize we need to work with our QB. We also recognize he is the QB with the highest upside we have on the roster. Some morons, like you, look at our RSFR QB and basically want to bench him. Where me, and some others on the board, see a program undergoing the pressures of a system change which entails an entire roster turnover, you just want to harp on our QB.

Our problem is NOT Sims. You morons are making a valiant attempt to chase him from the program which, if that happens, I'm certain Gibbs would likely follow. Is that what you seek? Your goal seems to be "Get Collins Fired" while my outlook is we are recruiting much better, need some folks in the trenches.

Did anyone say that the pick situation didn't need corrected? Did he say it? We recognize we need to work with our QB. We also recognize he is the QB with the highest upside we have on the roster. Some morons, like you, look at our RSFR QB and basically want to bench him. Where me, and some others on the board, see a program undergoing the pressures of a system change which entails an entire roster turnover, you just want to harp on our QB.

Our problem is NOT Sims. You morons are making a valiant attempt to chase him from the program which, if that happens, I'm certain Gibbs would likely follow. Is that what you seek? Your goal seems to be "Get Collins Fired" while my outlook is we are recruiting much better, need some folks in the trenches.

It’s like you live in some bizarre fantasy world where there’s no middle ground between “bench Sims/fire Collins” and “defend Sims and Collins from any hint of negativity to the death,” and where everybody you don’t agree with forms some kind of monolithic gestalt. You’d be better served to address what people actually say and not what you imagine that they believe.

I’ve never said to bench Sims, but I have said that he throws too many picks and hopefully that’s something he’s working on. I’ve never said to fire Collins, but I have said that I’m getting tired of the buzzwords and that it’s time to show some incremental steps toward being an average football team.

Why you can’t see any level of nuance and need to turn that into an us vs them situation and argue against strawmen is beyond me.

JRjr

It’s like you live in some bizarre fantasy world where there’s no middle ground between “bench Sims/fire Collins” and “defend Sims and Collins from any hint of negativity to the death,” and where everybody you don’t agree with forms some kind of monolithic gestalt. You’d be better served to address what people actually say and not what you imagine that they believe.

I’ve never said to bench Sims, but I have said that he throws too many picks and hopefully that’s something he’s working on. I’ve never said to fire Collins, but I have said that I’m getting tired of the buzzwords and that it’s time to show some incremental steps toward being an average football team.

Why you can’t see any level of nuance and need to turn that into an us vs them situation and argue against strawmen is beyond me.

JRjr
So we agree that Sims needs work. You seemed to enjoy pointing out his picks, despite the fact I had already said in numerous threads he needs to work on his reads

And we agree that you're a little bitch about whatever Collins says.

JRjr

JJ has been like this for years and PMC has the same issues. Nuanced discussions are completely beyond them.

Some of y’all are way too emotional. Who cares what language or how anyone responds. This is all in fun but y’all act like it actually matters. How hard is that to figure out. I enjoy every post even the ones when Jerry or Press laugh at me. I laugh at myself and all of you because this is a fun place. Everyone’s opinions have truth to them. I can see every angle of every post. Right now, we are ALL frustrated because our team is not performing. It doesn’t matter why it just matters that for about 5 years now OUR team hasn’t given us much to be proud of. We ALL hope that changes soon. Beating VT will make me feel good Saturday afternoon.

You seem to think a bunch of old and middle aged farts here have a lot of power over who plays and coaches for Tech, by virtue of their bloviating posts here.

Where is that rolls eyes emoticon when you need it? Can't find it. Oh well, have to settle for :crazy:

JJ has been like this for years and PMC has the same issues. Nuanced discussions are completely beyond them.
What is nuanced about guys being jerks towards our coach and players and me saying "hey, whoa up a bit"

We have certain fonts who would fire coaches ever 2-3 seasons, of they were allowed to do so, and render is UCONN football

You seem to think a bunch of old and middle aged farts here have a lot of power over who plays and coaches for Tech, by virtue of their bloviating posts here.

Where is that rolls eyes emoticon when you need it? Can't find it. Oh well, have to settle for :crazy:
No, a bunch of them are such dumb, crabby assholes that if I were a recruit and were making a decision as to where I was going to play, I'd probably say "what assholes, öööö that" and move along somewhere else. If I were a current player, freshman or sophomore, and all I got was screaming relentlessly about firing my coaches, I'd be hitting the portal at first opportunity. Gibbs and Sims can do that, you know. You assholes can get your ööööing wish and treat our program to shreds just so you can say "see, told you we sucked"

Some of you guys are part of the problem with our fan culture. A huge problem. You bitch about the staff and players on here. You go to games and bitch about the team there, making everyone hate to even be near your crabby old asses.

Morons.

No, a bunch of them are such dumb, crabby assholes that if I were a recruit and were making a decision as to where I was going to play, I'd probably say "what assholes, öööö that" and move along somewhere else. If I were a current player, freshman or sophomore, and all I got was screaming relentlessly about firing my coaches, I'd be hitting the portal at first opportunity. Gibbs and Sims can do that, you know. You assholes can get your ööööing wish and treat our program to shreds just so you can say "see, told you we sucked"

Some of you guys are part of the problem with our fan culture. A huge problem. You bitch about the staff and players on here. You go to games and bitch about the team there, making everyone hate to even be near your crabby old asses.

Morons.

Do all white people look the same to you or something? Do you have some kind of brain injury that prevents you from distinguishing one person from another? Because you sure do seem to lump a lot of different people into some kind of amorphous “you” that only you can see, then spend every post yelling at your “you.”

JRjr

Morons.

LOL, what fanbase doesn’t do that with their coaches? Alabama has fans who do that. Are they going to run to uga where fans will threaten their families if they blow a coverage against Bama? Maybe hear a broadside of racists slurs if they drop a pass? Or they can go to a school like Duke where no one gives a f about football.

Our players are big boys, they can handle criticism about turnovers.

Morons.
If I was a croot or current player, I wouldn't spend two minutes at this website or give one öööö what a bunch of old men say here. Would not affect my life even the tiniest little bit.

Let's calm down, its actually 1.71picks per game, does that make you feel better? GEEZ, just cant keep doing this year after year was my point.
The amount of interceptions is discouraging. Factor in the timing of many and you have a real issue. Why are we asking the young man to do something he is so poor at???

If I was a croot or current player, I wouldn't spend two minutes at this website or give one öööö what a bunch of old men say here. Would not affect my life even the tiniest little bit.
And yet, they probably do go to boards, Twitter, Instagram....and read up about the team they may commit to

And yet, they probably do go to boards, Twitter, Instagram....and read up about the team they may commit to
This site is not Twitter, FB or Instagram, dumbass. A TINY fraction of the users. Everyone knows Twitter, FB and Instagram. 99.999% of folks have never even heard of this site once.

Proof that even ONE Croot visited this site and it influenced their decision, or STFU.

Morons.
GT does not have a fan culture problem. We don’t have enough fans to have a culture. And you obviously have never attended a game at another school or you would know our stadium is way kinder to our team when they suck than others. When we stink it up we mostly just sit there on our hands and look at our phone. I’ve been to a lot of other stadiums and many fan bases are brutal.

Back